Auburn ranked by AP #16

Win4AU

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think our defense eats Franks alive; that should be the decider quite FRANKly. My wife is a UF fan and we'll be in attendance... lol

My wife is also a UF fan. Was going to the game but couldn’t find enough tickets for out entire group in a decent spot that wasn’t 180+ per person lol.

20 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

well we get to do something about it.

Auburn's schedule is absurd. Auburn plays a National Championship caliber game 6 times this season

I try not to let preseason rankings move me one way or another. Like if UF loses to Miami, look how perception will change just like that. Who know all how good some of these top fifteen teams are. Same goes with the aggies. 

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

Still think Florida is very overrated 

I'm actually hoping they are good so the Dwags (UGA) actually has some competition in the East. That division is a cakewalk when your toughest competitor is a resurgent Kentucky. I mean they are still Kentucky after all. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Also Jalen and Justin named starters today. Can’t wait to see how they play out.

Both should be great, OSU is QBU on this level IMO. Only ones competing with them for how long they've held that mantle might be OU. 

I'm shocked that it surprised people how bad Nebraska was this past season. They had been recruited for a pro style offense since Osborn retired and the triple option went away. Then they hired a spread coach. The transition to a spread system usually takes at least 2 classes. They require a different  player skill set in most skill positions. Just like our falling apart in 2012.  Chizik took a team recruited for the spread since before Tuberville left and forced them into a pro style set. It was a disaster. Just like it was for Nebraska last season. 

Nebraska will be a force in the near future. It just takes a few recruiting classes and some hard times but they will get there sooner than later. 

And as far as their QB why he is on preseason Heisman lists... 

Last season, as a freshman he accounted for over 3,000 yards and 25 TDs. Martinez did this while being a part of one of, if not the worst Nebraska team ever. Once they get a better roster... He could put up video game numbers. He absolutely deserves to be on that list. As should Rondale Moore from Purdue.

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

LSU is horrifically overrated. Burrow is trash and without the official's help it's likely last year would have gone a lot worse for the corndogs. They somehow beat Georgia and that's essentially their only other quality win. Honestly, UCF with McKenzie Milton likely beats LSU. (7-5) isn't all too unrealistic for that d-bag coach of theirs this year. They win because they have an amazing DC and solid OC and recruiting there is easier than passing an introductory class in college. Hope Texas embarrasses them.

Get it out...don't sugar coat it...say what you think...

I’ve always liked Florida outside of Auburn.  I probably started watching football as Spurrier took over so I got to see them really take off.  Florida is the loudest stadium I’ve ever been in and I’ve been to LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, Bammer etc.  That being said I hope Dan Mullen falls on his face this season.  I hope Gus beats him like he was still coaching Miss State.  I’m tired of hearing how great Mullen is because of 4 weeks in 2014.  I hope they run him out of town the same way they ran Zook, Muschamp, and the shark humper out.  He’s a low life piece of garbage just like Urban.

21 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Auburn's schedule is absurd. Auburn plays a National Championship caliber game 6 times this season

Playoffs should be a breeze then.;D

Here's what I think and I know not all of it will be popular :trampoline:
1. Alabama - I think that they'll be just as deadly and Tua should be even more of a force this year after a humbling in the NCG they'll be out for blood.
2. Clemson - Lawrence isn't going anywhere and their schedule is as easy as the American Athletic Conference. ACC is barely a P5 at this point.
3. Oklahoma - If Auburn isn't going to win it all I'd absolutely love to see Hurts crushing Bama in the NCG
4. Oregon - This could drastically change after week 1 if our Tigers can pull off the upset. The Pac-12 is deep right now and Oregon has a lot going for it.
5. Michigan - Harbaugh will choke one or two like always and drop from here. However, if he doesn't there is a vacuum in their conference they could replace OS
6. Georgia - They return mostly everyone but I think the Bama hump is just too much for them right now. Fromm is just barely above game manager status.
7. Ohio State - The talent there is still insane but Meyer usually leaves teams right as the collapse is about to happen.
8. Washington - Other than Saban, Petersen is the best coach in the country. He does more with less talent than the elites.
9. Iowa - Primed for a potential spoiler year and with a rather pmanageable schedule.
10. Texas - Still not buying that they're "back" exactly but they definitely have an upward trajectory. Unfortunately they seem to choke 1-2 games per year.
11. Texas A&M - Jimbo is building a monster in Texas no less and the SEC West is getting ridiculous.
12. Florida - The SEC East 2nd place finish should be easy to obtain. Franks is an average quarterback who can have mediocre days.
13. Notre Dame - One of the most consistently overrated teams in the country. They'll be good but not great. They haven't won a NY6 level bowl in decades.
14. Penn State - How about James Franklin? That dude has been such a pleasant surprise since his incredibly hard work at Vandy.
15. Auburn - I would maybe even put us lower with the big unknown at QB1. He could be the next Tua/Lawrence/Fromm type freshman or an average true frosh.
16. Utah - Relatively "meh" schedule where they could walk away with only two losses.
17. Michigan State - Always well coached and ready to play, just never capable to recruit well enough to compete for the big titles.
18. Wisconsin - Just like Utah they're some Midwestern team I don't care about who always seem to be ranked but not relevant. 
19. LSU - Overrated and Burrow is at best Chris Todd level.
20. UCF - With McKenzie Milton they would be in the top 13 range. Unfortunately he's out for this entire season and his backup Mack Jr. broke his ankle...
21. Boise State - Could go undefeated or one loss with a rather easy schedule and above average talent.
22. Iowa State - Competitive northern team that will never win their conference but upsets one team every year.
23. Washington State - Who knows? Air raid is fun.
24. Stanford - Always stout. Likely gives UCF their only loss but the Trees will struggle against others in their conference.
25. Nebraska - Scott Frost is building up a sleeping giant.

Way to early take but Florida doesn’t finish in the top 25.  They may finish 4th in the East behind UGA, UT, and Mizzou/UK/USC.  If Franks doesn’t improve he won’t play past week 2.

Archived