Playin Sports, Video Games, Kickin A on Golf Course, & a Wing Sauce Recipe

ellitor

59 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Which is how people who played football can't understand how to have a legit competition without this... Lots of practice and camp warriors out there

Most sports fans understand live work is better that not being live. It's a simple, common sense, concept that's very easy to grasp & fans don't have to have played to understand it. They may not understand the degree of it if they haven't played but they get the basics. I understand if the posters saying it are not meaning to be insulting but for it to keep getting said over & over & over again comes across insulting.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Most sports fans understand live work is better that not being live. It's a simple, common sense, concept that's very easy to grasp & fans don't have to have played to understand it. They may not understand the degree of it if they haven't played but they get the basics. I understand if the posters saying it are not meaning to be insulting but for it to keep getting said over & over & over again comes across insulting.

Most of them probably played one snap in middle school and now think they’re John Madden 

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Most of them probably played one snap in middle school and now think they’re John Madden 

Touche

34 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Nah, we played John Madden in middle school and now think we're Paul Finebaum.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Actually it's nuances that many are missing, but even that's fine but when they gloss over what you say then tell you you're wrong because of what they say and you see they are missing an entire concept then it needs to be brought up

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Actually it's nuances that many are missing, but even that's fine but when they gloss over what you say then tell you you're wrong because of what they say and you see they are missing an entire concept then it needs to be brought up

Agreed if they are actually telling the people who have played they are wrong. If they are choosing to keep an opinion without telling the people who have played they are wrong then they are fine to hold their opinion. I think the line between the 2 get blurred on here sometimes. We are all here to have a good time & chat ball & other things. None of us should be on here trying to convince others that our own life experiences are as facts that all should hold as truth based on our life experiences. We all have different life experiences or even similar or same experiences but see the experiences in different ways. Yes it is good to listen to different people's experiences but everyone doesn't have to draw the same conclusions from the experiences.

16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Please let kickoff get here quick 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Because I love high school ball I have slightly less than 7 days now. :)

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Bro don’t take it as an insult. Some of these guys talking never played a collegiate sport in their life. And let me preface this by saying even if you did play professional , does not mean you always know what you are talking about. Look at some of these dudes on first take. 

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bro don’t take it as an insult. Some of these guys talking never played a collegiate sport in their life. And let me preface this by saying even if you did play professional , does not mean you always know what you are talking about. Look at some of these dudes on first take. 

I guess it just stings since my mild disability kept me from playing regular sports but was not severe enough to play with disabled people. I was banned from the special olympics for being to athletically able. I ended up being the equipment manager for the football, basketball, & baseball teams at P'Ville. All my coaches said I had one of the best sports minds they had ever seen in terms of understanding all 3 sports, nuances, & their strategies.

Just now, ellitor said:

I guess it just stings since my mild disability kept me from playing regular sports but was not severe enough to play with disabled people. I was banned from the special olympics for being to athletically able. I ended up being the equipment manager for the football, basketball, & baseball teams at P'Ville. All my coaches said I had one of the best sports minds they had ever seen in terms of understanding all 3 sports, nuances, & their strategies.

First of all I hate to hear that. Second of all, I appreciate all you do! Your sports knowledge is second to none. That comes from absorbing it all. I imagine you were just as hardcore as a manager and one thing I did learn at d2 was all over it was important, from the team trainer to the equipment managers. They played a huge part in making sure all things fell in order. No wonder you are so keen to detail. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Agreed if they are actually telling the people who have played they are wrong. If they are choosing to keep an opinion without telling the people who have played they are wrong then they are fine to hold their opinion. I think the line between the 2 get blurred on here sometimes. We are all here to have a good time & chat ball & other things. None of us should be on here trying to convince others that our own life experiences are as facts that all should hold as truth based on our life experiences. We all have different life experiences or even similar or same experiences but see the experiences in different ways. Yes it is good to listen to different people's experiences but everyone doesn't have to draw the same conclusions from the experiences.

This is what I try to say as far as people on here with certain posters....because some could come with some VIP content you're supposed to back down as if they know the game? Nah. 

But that also goes back to my point of when I asked about the d line.....but I'm going to listen to someone that know before a guy that literally just want to make fun and call name and talk about something he doesn't know anything but he has his mind made up this QB is his favorite.

But that's just me

I’m pretty sure I can kick every person’s ass on this board on the golf course. I also predicted Bo would be named starter and we would be hearing about it for several days leading up to the announcement. So I can’t help but feel a bit superior to a bunch of rookies. Forgive me but hey, when you got it you got it. I don’t know if I sound more like cole or trump. Either way I’ll be hated now. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m pretty sure I can kick every person’s ass on this board on the golf course. I also predicted Bo would be named starter and we would be hearing about it for several days leading up to the announcement. So I can’t help but feel a bit superior to a bunch of rookies. Forgive me but hey, when you got it you got it. I don’t know if I sound more like cole or trump. Either way I’ll be hated now. 

Bro golf is hard as hell. But what you got on me on the court?! No I am not talking about basketball. Good ole racquetball. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bro golf is hard as hell. But what you got on me on the court?! No I am not talking about basketball. Good ole racquetball. 

I like racquetball but I suck. Damn good exercise for a slightly over weight gentlemen such as myself. The Rec center here shut the courts down. I know I worked hard when my shins were sore. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I like racquetball but I suck. Damn good exercise for a slightly over weight gentlemen such as myself. 

Okay so we are even

35 minutes ago, alexava said:

You referring to kicking our asses at playing golf or just kicking our asses in general....but on a golf course? 

52 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m pretty sure I can kick every person’s ass on this board on the golf course

source.gif

Paging @augolf1716 if you can put down the PBR long enough to accept the challenge.

57 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t know if I sound more like cole or trump. Either way I’ll be hated now.

Lol. You sound like you are having good natured fun with it.

22 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

You referring to kicking our asses at playing golf or just kicking our asses in general....but on a golf course? 

Glad I wasn't the only one who picked up on this.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

You beat me to it.

I was gonna say I'm the same badass on a golf course as I am on the street...try me. 😂

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You beat me to it.

I was gonna say I'm the same badass on a golf course as I am on the street...try me. 😂

I feel more comfortable fighting on bent grass. 🏌️♂️

11 hours ago, alexava said:

I like competition, I wish we could find out. I'd be though to beat in basketball, flag football, ultimate frisbee, certain videogames sports and fighting, and I'm learning stuff in this nuclear industry and it's tough, VERY tough and you're up against some of the smartest people you'll meet.....so from that I've learned I can learn and absorb a bunch of info very quickly so I'm a monster at pointless trivia!!!

Archived