Playstation's New Player Rating System

ValleyTiger

So the jist is they have a computer model that rates every cfb player 0-100 based on their impact on the game.

Article Link

Marlon made the list of top returning players from 2018 where they graded him a 97.

Interesting.  Ratings seem to be all over the place for drafted players.  They kind of lost me at Ole Miss rating 90 at #5.

I watched Marcello’s sim of the Oregon game on NCAA 14 with updated roster.  Take it for what it is but Gatewood looked awesome.  It primarily had him and Nix running a lot of reads. Boobie was also unstoppable until he was injured in Nix’s game.  Nix wasn’t given a lot of throws other than screens but had a TD pass to Sal and an int to seal the game.  Defense looked really good.  Like I said take it for what it is.  

14 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I watched Marcello’s sim of the Oregon game on NCAA 14 with updated roster.  Take it for what it is but Gatewood looked awesome.  It primarily had him and Nix running a lot of reads. Boobie was also unstoppable until he was injured in Nix’s game.  Nix wasn’t given a lot of throws other than screens but had a TD pass to Sal and an int to seal the game.  Defense looked really good.  Like I said take it for what it is.  

got a link to that? i hate being a pain but i would love to watch some of that.

I have not watched the 3rd one with Nix and Kmart starting in the backfield.  Apparently it’s a barn burner.  Other notes Schwartz and Oregon’s three injured WRs are included in the sim.  Enjoy

19 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Does anyone actually believe these Playstation rankings and simulations have any bearing on reality?

The simulations no, but the rankings mentioned in the OP article are based on real world performance metrics.

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

The simulations no, but the rankings mentioned in the OP article are based on real world performance metrics.

Interesting.  Have a link to that?  I'd be interested in reading up on their methodology.

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Interesting.  Have a link to that?  I'd be interested in reading up on their methodology.

Um.... yeah, the link is in the first post of this thread. 

Archived