Walk-ons Earn Scholarships

abw0004

Was it Owens grandfather who earned the first scholarship for a black american player at Auburn?

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

If I could give that 100 likes I would

Agree. I think the best part is the team reacting like they did. That's special. 

I know that God blesses and rewards those who are faithful. When one door closes another one opens. Voids left by transfers have given these young men an opportunity to be rewarded for their efforts. He never misses and opportunity to turn a negative into a positive if you are patient and faithful. So happy for these players. 

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

Was it Owens grandfather who earned the first scholarship for a black american player at Auburn?

I think uncle or great uncle but not real sure about that. James Owens was the first black football scholarship player. Basketball player Henry Harris was first overall, he beat Owens to The Plains by one year.

I'm pumped over that video. Thanks to all our walkons and to our coaching staff and players for celebrating their accomplishments.

I love seeing these every year.  I wish all scholarships were awarded this way as it means so much more and nothing is taken for granted.

man i tear up at some of those cats. this one was not too bad but when one or two start blubbering i do as well.

Archived