***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

augolf1716

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

giphy.gif

Thanks, Golf! Hey, guess what? Bo Nix is the starter!!! He is talented, smart, and apparently gives us the best chance to win!!! I watched his interview and was impressed with his maturity for an 18 year old. (Maturity is a hard thing to come by, these days) War Eagle, Bo! Also, we are very lucky to have Joey Gatewood, another talented and impressive QB, to be ready in an instant's notice. All is good on The Plains.I think we are going to have a good year. I love Auburn, don't you???

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

That Arkansas pic. Those bad, bad memories lol. Good times , good times. 

Y’all think things would have played out differently if it was Jo Gatewood and Boey Nix? Maybe over-analyzing this but, . . . 

I can’t help but feel we’re on the brink of something special here. Everything I’ve read or seen about Bo Nix tells me he’s gonna be special. Potential is just that as of today, but it’s really hard to not get excited about this kid. I’ve met his dad and he’s a special kinda person, and I think Bo has that instilled in him from a young age. I loved Gatewood from the start of his recruitment, and I think he’s gonna have his chance to shine too, because he’s too much of an athlete to keep off the field. Go Bo! Go Gatewood! Go Auburn! 

Go Gus Bus!!!! War Eagle 🦅 

EC864E36-5640-46E9-8D75-8B0506335805.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Barkchevious said:

Y’all think things would have played out differently if it was Jo Gatewood and Boey Nix? Maybe over-analyzing this but, . . . 

Yes. It would’ve just been the opposite reactions by some of the same posters , which is why we should just be happy Auburn is in a good position. Preferences vs personal, you know?

But Bo Nix I feel like is really special. He will surprise folks this year IMO. I hope he has a little swagger in him.

Just now, DAG said:

That Arkansas pic. Those bad, bad memories lol. Good times , good times. 

That game was Hotter than Christie Brinkley in her prime and DMac and Felix Jones made everyone even more miserable. Then in true and so tyyyyyyyyp tubs fashion we turn around and beat the eventual national champ the very next week lol. Summed up the tubs era perfectly!

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

That game was Hotter than Christie Brinkley in her prime and DMac and Felix Jones made everyone even more miserable. Then in true and so tyyyyyyyyp tubs fashion we turn around and beat the eventual national champ the very next week lol. Summed up the tubs era perfectly!

I don’t know how Gus ends up with these players but he sure does happen to be at the right place at the right time lol. 

This thread'll get locked soon enough so Ill get my post in while I can

I hope Gus throws Bo to the fire as far as the red zone goes. It'll be even worse long term and certainly a worse look if he tries Joey every time down there, whether it works or not. Sean messed up there and wasnt ever trusted again

Damn, look how young Gus looks. One of the most exasperating games I attended during Tubs tenure here. Along with the UGA game later that season.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I like Bo’s chances as he has a superior qb coach teaching him the game.  I hope that Pat will be able to teach Bo how to beat the defense when Gus calls the same predictable plays and he can spot the weakness of the D jumping things because they know the call.

Just now, bigbird said:

Thanks.

My heart has been growing very fond of you, too. 

Bo Nix buddies for life?

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Try it again.......................stop the damn bitching

Congrat's to Bo

LOVE your intro!

giphy (4).gif

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

My heart has been growing very fond of you, too. 

Bo Nix buddies for life?

Until Joey goes in...then Gatewood buddies for life

Personally I wanna see Gus play each guy based on match ups and take advantage of every defense’s weakness.  He has the system and talent to do it at the skill positions, not sure about the line however.  If he would evolve and do this instead of thinking mastering 5 plays is the way to go, I am all for him.

Archived