***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

augolf1716

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Get this young man's video over here, too.

Best part of the video is when I realized that Bo’s first college start was a college gameday game at Jerry World. What an absolutely perfect start for your career. Good grief.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Beat part of the video is when I realized that Bo’s first college start was a college gameday game at Jerry World. What an absolutely perfect start for your career. Good grief.

You are wild 😜 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I had the wrong name. lol

It's alright, I had it blocked from my memory too.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Attention to detail may be where Nix shines, but his play on the field will determine how long he stays there

This can be construed as Bo thinks like Gus and has demonstrated that knowledge in scrimmages.  If, however, Bo gets the Malik Willis face by Gus as he comes off the field, Joey will make an entrance.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Your opinions are not garbage. Being territorial with your opinion against those that are more knowledgeable to the subject that are only trying to evolve your opinion is a waste of time and leads to a waste of brain cells. 

How can you ever grow your knowledge if you don’t consider someone else’s learned opinion?  I guess it’s like Joe Biden’s “I take truth over facts” statement.  Your truth may not be fact.  Time will tell in all facets of opinions.  

11 hours ago, DAG said:

A little bit of cotton candy too. 

too bad they do not allow smoking in the stadium. blue dreams with some blue skies........big screen tele with a killer sound system. last time i was in jordan hare i got drunk, fell, and rolled down a few steps. it must have been epc because several fans came by to see if i was k.lol  the follies of youth.................

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Hurts didn’t talk to press until after SEC Championship game of TF year. Bo is easily outpacing him fwiw.

jalen named starter at okie and wants to play bama bad. secret aubie fan maybe?

11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Arkansas was Tubs kryptonite.  

Its Bo Time!  Can we get Bojangles in the stadium please?

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

jalen named starter at okie and wants to play bama bad. secret aubie fan maybe?

He didn’t like the way the coaches handled his competition with Tua. Which, not coincidentally, Bateman and Barnett didn’t like the way Saban held their QB competition with Jalen Hurts when he won. All 3 have left saying Saban can be manipulative and deceptive.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I can PM you, I don't feel like random fights. People didn't have the most flattering things to say about certain qb's giving interviews. 

really? i never knew that.........i have no idea who but i do not doubt it.

I didn't make it into the last thread before it was locked so i'd like to take this opportunity to say congrats to Bo Nix on winning the job. Sounds like he made it a pretty easy decision on the coaches if the reports are true that he was the only QB able to engineer scoring drives during the scrimmages. I do hope we have some opportunities to get Gatewood into the games this year. Its a long season and i worry about a kid straight out of HS making it through the season without getting banged up some point. 

As for Gatewood i hope he is able to stay focused and keep working at his craft. I also hope he lets the season play out before jumping ship. There is not much to be gained in my view by leaving this season....he has already used his redshirt year and there will be plenty of time to find new opportunities after the season in the case Nix puts the job on lock down. 

One final thought i have is that i expect the state of our OL had major impact into how this competition played out. I expect we will need a QB that can do some ad lib when things breakdown and IMO Nix skillset lends itself to that a bit better then gatewood's. Nix is likely a bit quicker then gatewood so perhaps a bit better and avoiding pressure and buying time in the pocket. And i seem to recall the OL Nix played behind during his senior season not being very good so he is probably used to throwing on the run. If we had a OL of road graders Gatewood may have well won this thing cause with his size he could just about guarantee you 5 yards per play with decent blocking. 

Excited we are close to football time!! War Eagle!

I am excited with Bo's acceleration and hopefully his ability to escape the rush and make something happen. That is going to be a necessity for our O to find success. I also hope Kodi has finally decided to teach our WRs how to work their way back to the QB and not quit on their routes. This will also be a big part of whether or not we are successful because our OL will force Bo to run around and extend plays. I also think Joey will play. I have no doubt whatsoever about this.

Picture this scenario:

It's the latter portion of the 2nd quarter vs Oregon. Our script yields us 10 points over the first 2 drives but the O has been stuck in the mud since the scripted plays have been exhausted. Bo finally starts to find a rhythm again and the OL is starting to create room for Boobie and Shivers. Bo hits Hastings for a 15 yard gain. Shivers rips off a 12 yard run and barely tripped up by a Ducks defender close to midfield. Gus then brings in Joey as Oregon crowds the line. Wildcat play action to Stove coming across. Joey goes up the gut for a 1 yard gain and pulls him, now Bo is behind the chains and we fail to get the first on the ensuing 2 downs. Punt. The game thread is full of expletives about why Gus would pull the QB when we're finding rhythm.

We've seen this so many times before just with different QB names.

i can understand how some really wanted one or the other in the qb race. if they wear the orange and blue and not complete idiots i got love for all the tigers. bo has worked his whole life for this moment. i am willing to bet joey will get his chance and i hope he goes lights out as well. i hate that anyone works their butt off and comes up so short it probably cannot be measured. gus knows his future is probably riding on these two gentlemen so i would think he was as fair as he could be.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I am excited with Bo's acceleration and hopefully his ability to escape the rush and make something happen. That is going to be a necessity for our O to find success. I also hope Kodi has finally decided to teach our WRs how to work their way back to the QB and not quit on their routes. This will also be a big part of whether or not we are successful because our OL will force Bo to run around and extend plays. I also think Joey will play. I have no doubt whatsoever about this.

Picture this scenario:

It's the latter portion of the 2nd quarter vs Oregon. Our script yields us 10 points over the first 2 drives but the O has been stuck in the mud since the scripted plays have been exhausted. Bo finally starts to find a rhythm again and the OL is starting to create room for Boobie and Shivers. Bo hits Hastings for a 15 yard gain. Shivers rips off a 12 yard run and barely tripped up by a Ducks defender close to midfield. Gus then brings in Joey as Oregon crowds the line. Wildcat play action to Stove coming across. Joey goes up the gut for a 1 yard gain and pulls him, now Bo is behind the chains and we fail to get the first on the ensuing 2 downs. Punt. The game thread is full of expletives about why Gus would pull the QB when we're finding rhythm.

We've seen this so many times before just with different QB names.

hey tiger! you are using the old aubie stoner face and i just wanted to say that is awesome................grins

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

hey tiger! you are using the old aubie stoner face and i just wanted to say that is awesome................grins

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He didn’t like the way the coaches handled his competition with Tua. Which, not coincidentally, Bateman and Barnett didn’t like the way Saban held their QB competition with Jalen Hurts when he won. All 3 have left saying Saban can be manipulative and deceptive.

"All 3 have left saying Saban can be manipulative and deceptive."

Shocking.  Tell that to the countless 4 star players he processed over the years.  I am sure they would be equally shocked as well.  I still remember how flustered he was at the press conference when he was asked if he would start offering 4 year scholarships after Auburn announced they were going to.  

Question for AUGolf or anyone else that knows. I know the Nix family has always been Auburn folks and that Bo was named after Bo Jackson. Question is if his Dad Patrick was named after Sullivan? If so then Bo should name his first son after Cam. 😊 see what o did there .

Archived