What’s next for Joey?

aubiefifty

I couldnt help but wonder if watching Feleipe Franks at UF  would be similar to how joey would look in the game.    From a size comparison and arm strength i would think they are both very similar. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, bigbird said:

Not being here and zero reps last year didn't seem to hurt Bo.

Joey has been here longer. That allowed him exposure to the playbook which is a huge advantage. He also had a year in the weight room and locker room. Both lead to increase in chemistry with the other players. I don't know how much he was used or how many reps he got in practices last year but even if it was almost nothing he entered the QB competition with a leg up.

If memory serves me right (it often doesn’t these days) JG was an early enrollee and had spring then fall to beat out MW for the backup job last year. I’m not sure why, but he apparently got into Gus’s doghouse pretty quickly, likely costing him valuable reps and development. Had he shown up with a great attitude and completely focused, he could’ve have established himself as the backup to JS and got some field time last season. That didnt happen and Bo won the job. All that said, JG is an ankle sprain away so I hope he stays ready. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

but he apparently got into Gus’s doghouse pretty quickly, l

I don't recall this being more than a rumor......and not substantiated....but I also recall some type of relatively minor injury that affected play....and of course, no use burning a redshirt for him to do mop-up.    JMO but the redshirt season gave JG some opportunity to make up for the fact that he played very little QB while in HS....

He should be ready ….

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I don't recall this being more than a rumor......and not substantiated

Just because it's not public or doesn't have a link, doesn't make it untrue.

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I don't recall this being more than a rumor......and not substantiated....but I also recall some type of relatively minor injury that affected play....and of course, no use burning a redshirt for him to do mop-up.    JMO but the redshirt season gave JG some opportunity to make up for the fact that he played very little QB while in HS....

He should be ready ….

Every doghouse rumor I've ever heard has ended up being true. None of them will ever be backed up with a quote from the staff until a player leaves the team, and even then they usually leave it ambiguous. The closest thing you'll get to a quote is "he's dealing with some personal/family issues" or an undisclosed injury status. 

Can't think of any reason to start a false rumor about the doghouse. People do weird things, though. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I don't recall this being more than a rumor......and not substantiated

AU reporters said it was true behind their pay walls as did people connected to the program who have a long track record of being good on info.

Didn't they make him change his number due to being in the doghouse and he had to "earn" his number 1 back?

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Didn't they make him change his number due to being in the doghouse and he had to "earn" his number 1 back?

Yup. Even one of his most ardent and consistent supporters, who also happened to be an ardent and consistent doghouse denier, confirmed that. 

I thought it was more than chip's dog house...but IDC what anybody says if you don't get the reps you don't get better. Don't care if you were here or not. And if he had to do a bunch just to earn his number.....well I'm not even going to go in it but like I stated he has less time for a light to come on than others.....hopes he gets a chance

Saw an article on AL.com with an interview with Gatewood. Gotta love this guy.  Staying positive and supporting Nix. Hope he gets some playing time. This kid has been first class since he committed to Auburn way back win. 

Archived