Week 1 Broadcasters Announced

RunInRed

Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Maria Taylor will be front and center for the season debut of ABC’s Saturday Night Football featuring No. 11 Oregon vs. No. 16 Auburn (7:30 p.m. ET) from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The Pac-12 – SEC showdown will mark the start of the trio’s third season together.

Image result for herbstreit fowler dallas

Also ...

ABC’s Saturday Night Football marks the college football regular season debut of three dynamic cameras: ‘Enhanced Line to Gain Pylon Cam’; a ‘Marker Cam’, which has pan, tilt and zoom optics within the systems; and All Cam. Each will be standard technologies used on most ABC Saturday Night Football games this season. More on the technologies can be found here.

More: https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2019/08/football-is-back-in-session-espn-solidifies-game-assignments-and-production-features-for-five-day-50-game-kickoff-week/

Not bad IMO.  However, anybody else notice that on these ABC prime games, the bands' mics are so loud you often barely hear the announcers?

I'm not complaining, mind you..... Just an observation.

I promise, next Saturday night though, I'll be listening to and pulling for Mr. Burcham. 

War Eagle!

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Not bad IMO.  However, anybody else notice that on these ABC prime games, the bands' mics are so loud you often barely hear the announcers?

I'm not complaining, mind you..... Just an observation.

I promise, next Saturday night though, I'll be listening to and pulling for Mr. Burcham. 

War Eagle!

I will too. I typically listen to the TV announcers because I just don't like the delay but I'm going with Burcham next week. Exciting but still sad too. 

39 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I will too. I typically listen to the TV announcers because I just don't like the delay but I'm going with Burcham next week. Exciting but still sad too. 

Typically there's a thread each year to help people sync the TV with the AU radio if you use a tablet or phone.

For the last few years I use an App called "TuneIn Radio".  To my knowledge they still have AU Network and they are usually WAY behind the TV (2-3 mins+), so if you have a DVR then you can just pause the opening kickoff until you hear the "Warrrrr Eagle!" and then you'll be close enough to fine-tune it within a couple plays.

Every now and then, it un-syncs (is that a word?) a bit and you might have to re-do it but it's usually only a couple times per game....sometimes never.

Good Luck!

55 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Typically there's a thread each year to help people sync the TV with the AU radio if you use a tablet or phone.

For the last few years I use an App called "TuneIn Radio".  To my knowledge they still have AU Network and they are usually WAY behind the TV (2-3 mins+), so if you have a DVR then you can just pause the opening kickoff until you hear the "Warrrrr Eagle!" and then you'll be close enough to fine-tune it within a couple plays.

Every now and then, it un-syncs (is that a word?) a bit and you might have to re-do it but it's usually only a couple times per game....sometimes never.

Good Luck!

Been doing it for years! Gotta listen to the Auburn announcer or it’s just not AU football 🏈 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Yeah I'm definitely listening to Burcham if I'm at home.

41 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s a 6:30 game? FFS 

Past your bedtime?

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Kirk is a tool but tolerable 

You don't like Kirk?  He is my favorite.  The guy has always liked Auburn which is refreshing.  He is the only one who saw Auburn as a dark horse in 2013.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

You don't like Kirk?  He is my favorite.  The guy has always liked Auburn which is refreshing.  He is the only one who saw Auburn as a dark horse in 2013.

He's also the guy that torpedoed us in '04.

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Good Luck!

Same here with listening to Andy. Know that it will be difficult on him but he is a professional.  I split time between Auburn and the coast and no AU network on the coast that I can pick up. Panama City has an AM affiliate but only good if you are right by the station. When on the coast I pull the game up on "TuneIn Radio". Found that if I listen to WEIS out of Cherokee County AL that is close to being in sync with television broadcast for whatever reason.

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hi, Maria Taylor.

:wub:

She says "Hi Loof"...

maria-taylor-feet-2994232.jpg

I thought Fowler would be better than he is at play by play. Hes better in a studio IMO.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Yes he's the best BSPN can offer and I don't hold grudges 🙂 but as a voter in 2004 he publicly proclaimed all season long in that if we had an undefeated regular season - ulimately beating 5 top 10 teams - it would be outrageous if Auburn did not play in the title game. Come December he was tripping over himself explaining why our playing the Citadel (in September) SHOULD be a signicant factor and our jumping number #1 or #2 would be "historically unprecedented" (painfully untrue). 

Maybe his frequent fairness to Auburn (no doubt unpopular w/ BSPN producers) is a make up call on his part.😉

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Kirk doesn’t like Auburn. He’s a Saban lover through and through. 

But he also has a tendency to pull for one underdog team every year. In 2010, we were that team until the Cam media tirade. Then he got hot on TCU. On the years that he’s given us “respect,” it’s because we were his underdog team.

17 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Yes he's the best BSPN can offer and I don't hold grudges 🙂 but as a voter in 2004 he publicly proclaimed all season long in that if we had an undefeated regular season - ulimately beating 5 top 10 teams - it would be outrageous if Auburn did not play in the title game. Come December he was tripping over himself explaining why our playing the Citadel (in September) SHOULD be a signicant factor and our jumping number #1 or #2 would be "historically unprecedented" (painfully untrue). 

Maybe his frequent fairness to Auburn (no doubt unpopular w/ BSPN producers) is a make up call on his part.😉

Totally agree. He's a great analyst. He has most definitely not "always liked Auburn". 

He's a professional. He knows how the sausage gets made. In 2004, USC and Oklahoma were the correct business decision for ESPN. Had nothing to do with who deserved to be there. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hi, Maria Taylor.

:wub:

loo you know some of us would get nosy............

nevermind loof...........she is hawt. i love me some laura as well. i often wonder if she felt sorry for pawl and gave him a shot of that baby love..........

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Very arrogant and his UCF hate boner rubbed me the wrong way. Auburn is my first love but I gotta stick up for my actual Alma Mater

42 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Very arrogant and his UCF hate boner rubbed me the wrong way. Auburn is my first love but I gotta stick up for my actual Alma Mater

Your post brought the immature 12 year old out in me.

721.gif

Archived