Jump to content

Explain the Utah Hype


aujeff11
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

First, who is the HC?

Im guessing they don’t recruit all that great, so I’m wondering if their staff is just that great. Or is this just unsubstantiated hype.

Link to comment
Share on other sites





14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Well, it's Lee Corso so..... :dunno:

Cole cubelic made a Utah to the playoff pick too a few days ago. Though he also picked Nc State last year. Lol

Edited by Maverick.AU
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They’ve been consistently good for a long time. Kyle Whittingham succeeded Urban as coach there and has an undefeated season to his credit, and a bowl victory against Bama and Saban. Apparently they return a lot of starters. All of that plus you’ve got to give a little love to other conferences to keep them interested. I doubt they’re playoff worthy, but I’m glad ESPN is talking about some different teams. I’m tired of hearing the focus of every discussion be about Bama/UGA/Oklahoma/Clemson. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

They’ve been consistently good for a long time. Kyle Whittingham succeeded Urban as coach there and has an undefeated season to his credit, and a bowl victory against Bama and Saban. Apparently they return a lot of starters. All of that plus you’ve got to give a little love to other conferences to keep them interested. I doubt they’re playoff worthy, but I’m glad ESPN is talking about some different teams. I’m tired of hearing the focus of every discussion be about Bama/UGA/Oklahoma/Clemson. 

Do they have good depth behind the 1s?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Look at consecutive 5-7 Football Seasons

 

He would’ve been toast here

FWIW, that was when they were moving from the MWC to the PAC12. Now they’re very competitive in that conference. Plus, he’s 11-2 in bowls. Again, I have idea if they’re playoff worthy, but in their sandbox they are very respectable. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It may be more if a product of the Pac 12 being garbage. I think it will come down to Oregon, Washington, and Utah. Utah plays in the weaker South division and always plays good defense. I think getting there is possible. Beating Clemson is puffing a little too much before passing lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Beating Clemson is puffing a little too much before passing lol. 

I’ve always thought of Corso as a sharter.  lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t believe Ohio State is predicted to make the playoffs w/ a new coaching staff and QB either. 

That says a lot about their conference.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:
4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Can’t believe Ohio State is predicted to make the playoffs w/ a new coaching staff and QB either. 

That says a lot about their conference.

To me, they have more to be ashamed of than any team in the nation. All of their history, tradition, and advantages, and they still play patsys every year. We play 6 of the top 12 this year, they play 1. Shameful

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

o they have good depth behind the 1s?

Great question and I have no idea, but I did come across this. In the last 3 years, they’ve had 14 players drafted by the NFL. That ties them with us during that time span. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

but I did come across this. In the last 3 years, they’ve had 14 players drafted by the NFL. That ties them with us during that time span. 

That’s embarrassing. I hope dyehard doesn’t find this.

 

Too late:

source.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Major sports media is desperate to get a Pac12 team in the playoffs....Utah has been designated the "candidate" and they will get about all the love until they no longer earn/deserve it.   JMO but they only have one challenge (USC) until late in the year and have a chance to get well established in the top 10. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

They’ve been consistently good for a long time. Kyle Whittingham succeeded Urban as coach there and has an undefeated season to his credit, and a bowl victory against Bama and Saban. Apparently they return a lot of starters. All of that plus you’ve got to give a little love to other conferences to keep them interested. I doubt they’re playoff worthy, but I’m glad ESPN is talking about some different teams. I’m tired of hearing the focus of every discussion be about Bama/UGA/Oklahoma/Clemson. 

best i remember they hammered bama pretty well. i wonder what he could do with great talent?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...