what about junior

AUHansel

What about rosegreen. There aren't many picks left. I expected him to be a mid-round guy. Could he go undrafted?

Maybe it would be better for him to be a free agent than to be picked so late.  I don't know.

157103[/snapback]

It worked for Marquis Daniels in Basketball...

I don't think he did........Maybe the Redskins, which by the way is now one of my favorites, will pick him up. Or, maybe the Bucs or the Dolphs. Everytime I saw Carnell and Ronnie together cuttin' up doing the '05 Draft promo stuff, really makes me sad that they'll no longer suite up in the Orange and Blue......Man, I'm really going to miss those two.

Junior, Silas Daniels and Bret Eddins did not get drafted. Jay Ratliff went late 7th round. I really figured Junior would get drafted in 3rd round.

Junior will probably get looked at by several teams since defensive secondary players are placed at such a premium in the NFL with the rule changes helping WR's more than ever.

What about rosegreen. There aren't many picks left. I expected him to be a mid-round guy. Could he go undrafted?

157099[/snapback]

Some good notes on what the scouts thought about him here:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/419897

He got one of the lowest scores ever on the Wonderlic (IQ) test. In the time allowed Jr. answered 32 questions and got 2 right. (Alex Smith answered all 40 and got 40 right.)

I enjoyed watching him play and wish him the best of luck going the free agent route.

I really dont see how having book smarts has anything to do with how well you can play football. Most of the football players at my highschool were dumb as a rock but they could play. I think Junior would make a good safety in the NFL, he hits like a truck. He was definately more of an impact player than Ratlif was. I dont get it.

I really dont see how having book smarts has anything to do with how well you can play football. Most of the football players at my highschool were dumb as a rock but they could play. I think Junior would make a good safety in the NFL, he hits like a truck. He was definately more of an impact player than Ratlif was. I dont get it.

157298[/snapback]

NFL playbooks and schemes are a tad more complicated to grasp and master than high school or even college. Instinct and athleticism only takes you so far. You do have to be able to grasp the mental aspects of the gameplan, read offenses, know the philosophy of the defense you're in, and so on. Personally, I think Rosegreen just froze on the test and would probably do better if he took it again or took some other tests to measure his mental acuity. And I do think he can play in this league. But you can't blame the NFL scouts and GMs for being worried about a guy who scored a 2 out of a possible 40.

Has anyone heard whether he managed to sign a free agent deal yet?

Archived