AU vs OU Score Prediction

augolf1716

Auburn 27 - Oregon 24

We manage to score three touchdowns as freshman quarterback Bo Nix struggles a little in his first game using a rather simple offense; Oregon plays blitz heavy in hopes of rattling him but Bo's wheels and ability out of the pocket keeps things interesting. Anders Carlson shakes off all demons and past failures to notch two clutch field goals edging out Oregon as Heisman hopefuly Herbert has 1:30 to try and march down the field to tie things up but gets sacked on two of his attempts keeping the ball out of field goal range as the clock expires and Gus, with his new demeanor, screams "BOOM B****"

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be absolutely floored if we scored over 30 points in this game. There are too many question marks coming out of camp - the AU OL, the AU WRs, and a new freshman QB. 

On the other hand I think our defense can dominate IF Moultry or Big Kat add a pass rush. 

Oregon has way too many starters back and a top QB so it will not be an easy AU win. I have no idea what to expect from AU but I am going to say it will be low scoring and ugly... but Auburn will win by a few points. Something like 20-17. 

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

OK I'll start one 

AU-3

OU-2

Where’s a rotten tomato when I really need it? 😂

Auburn - 24

Oregon - 21

For the most part, we play pretty vanilla. I believe that late into the 4th, Oregon will be up 21-17. We march down with 3 minutes left to get the go ahead score. Our defense holds and we walk away with a W. 

Fans walk away from the game with cautionary optimism looking forward (like almost every other year). 

27-17 good guys. They score a late TD to make the game look closer than it was. Defense dominates and Bo does well for a freshman. Boobie gets 125 on the ground. 

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

4 TDd

2 FGs

Dang it!  I tried to be smart ... but failed. You clearly said scoring, not td drives.  Kinda like an internet grammar cop who uses bad grammar to correct someone ... this is me sheepishly walking away in shame ...

38-16

Bo Nix- 14/24, 250, 2 TD, 1 INT, fumble, 10 rushes for 75 yards

Joey Gatewood- situational/wildcat, 8 rushes for 50 yards, 2 TD,  1/3 passes for 15 yards

Boobie- 20 rushes for 115 yards and 2 TD

AU defense- 4 takeaways (3INT, 1 fumble recovery) 4 sacks, 300 yards allowed

Herbert- 23/35, 200 yards,  1 TD, 3INT

Oregon run game: 25 rushes for 100 yards

13 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

38-16

Bo Nix- 14/24, 250, 2 TD, 1 INT, fumble, 10 rushes for 75 yards

Joey Gatewood- situational/wildcat, 8 rushes for 50 yards, 2 TD,  1/3 passes for 15 yards

Boobie- 20 rushes for 115 yards and 2 TD

AU defense- 4 takeaways (3INT, 1 fumble recovery) 4 sacks, 300 yards allowed

Herbert- 23/35, 200 yards,  1 TD, 3INT

Oregon run game: 25 rushes for 100 yards

Man, I hope you’re right. This stat line would make me feel so good.

7 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

6x7 = ???

or even 6x6 = ???

j/k

Rough day on the extra points xD

I made my prediction of 41-17 for us a while back, and even though I feel now like that might have been too much overconfidence, I'm going to stick by it.

If I list a score it would be nothing more than a SWAG so I won't. I do think the key to the game will be the battle between our O-line and their D-line.

If AU gets good push on their D-line, we win comfortably. If they don't, we are all going to have a bad case of indigestion.;D

Early mistakes by both teams, likely.  So where are the mistakes likely to occur?  Offense AU,Defense ( coverage) Oregon.  Who has the best defense then?   Auburn.  Also not much being said but AU should have the advantage special teams....

AU-27

Oregon- 17

Oregon 24 (17 to 12 until late in 4th qtr; they break a long TD with us stacking the line trying to get the ball back)

Auburn 12 (4 field goals)

Offense lacks identity; O-line is improved about as much as Felipe Franks was (which means not at all).  We move the ball between the 20's; as usual; and can't close the deal.  In other words, Gus is Gus.  I have 0 confidence in him having the team ready to play or in developing anyone.  Oregon returns 15 starters and a star QB

Tell me I'm wrong...convince me.  Give me a reason to believe Gus won't be Gus.    

13 hours ago, japantiger said:

Oregon 24 (17 to 12 until late in 4th qtr; they break a long TD with us stacking the line trying to get the ball back)

Auburn 12 (4 field goals)

Offense lacks identity; O-line is improved about as much as Felipe Franks was (which means not at all).  We move the ball between the 20's; as usual; and can't close the deal.  In other words, Gus is Gus.  I have 0 confidence in him having the team ready to play or in developing anyone.  Oregon returns 15 starters and a star QB

Tell me I'm wrong...convince me.  Give me a reason to believe Gus won't be Gus.    

Nobody knows for sure what will happen as it is all speculation at this point.  However I saw this in another thread and it gives me some hope that Gus is aware that he needs to change it up. Heck he chose a TF QB which is out of the ordinary for him so that is at least a start.  Before you can fix the problem you have to be able to admit there is one, which Gus has done.

''I probably got a little stubborn there sometime around 2015 or'16. You've got to evolve and stay cutting edge, because nowadays other teams are doing really, really similar things, even the teams that used to complain about pace. Now, it's a different day.'' - Gus Malzahn

2 minutes ago, McFU said:

Nobody knows for sure what will happen as it is all speculation at this point.  However I saw this in another thread and it gives me some hope that Gus is aware that he needs to change it up. Heck he chose a TF QB which is out of the ordinary for him so that is at least a start.  Before you can fix the problem you have to be able to admit there is one, which Gus has done.

''I probably got a little stubborn there sometime around 2015 or'16. You've got to evolve and stay cutting edge, because nowadays other teams are doing really, really similar things, even the teams that used to complain about pace. Now, it's a different day.'' - Gus Malzahn

I love the quote.  I guess we'll see how it plays out...

Archived