Jim Harbaugh article Can't Beat The Cheaters

kevon67

Cant post from Xbox1 but read interesting article on MSN where Harbaugh mentions Alabama and Auburn.......If someone could post would love to read your thoughts.

4 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Cant post from Xbox1 but read interesting article on MSN where Harbaugh mentions Alabama and Auburn.......If someone could post would love to read your thoughts.

Harbaugh did not mention Alabama or AU in that article.  That appears to be attributed to someone named  Steve Connelly although from the writing it isn't 100 percent clear that it isn't just the author speaking. Relevant section quoted below

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/hard-to-beat-the-cheaters-harbaugh-michigan-at-college-football-crossroads/ar-AAGkLK5

It's also possible to "cheat legally." In 2015 the NCAA started allowing schools to pay student-athletes' "full cost of attendance," which includes travel, food, laundry, and other expenses not covered by scholarships which cover tuition, room, and board – a long overdue reform, praised by all sides of the equation. 

Before the rule passed admissions departments had already been calculating the "full cost of attendance" to establish federal guidelines for all students. Michigan's admissions office reported that, for out-of-state students, the "full cost of attendance" averaged an additional $2,400 per term. After the NCAA rule passed, "because our school has integrity," Steve Connelly added, the figure remained the same.

Meanwhile, in the Southeast Conference, once the NCAA passed this provision Alabama determined that their "full cost of attendance" for out-of-state students suddenly came to $5,386 -- or 34 percent more than they'd claimed the year before.

"You can't tell me," Connelly said, "that all of a sudden it became 34 percent more expensive to drive to Tuscaloosa."

But Alabama's figure wasn't even the highest. Auburn claimed a bigger jump to $5,586, while Tennessee calculated an additional $5,666 per term, the highest in the nation. Why it costs 136 percent more to travel to Knoxville than Ann Arbor is a mystery, especially when Michigan has far more students traveling from both coasts.

"You can't tell me it's a coincidence that all three schools experienced a sudden spike in the actual cost of attendance," Connelly added. "You're giving these programs another advantage over our recruiters. Basically, those schools can give their players $3,000 more per semester than we do. Is it legal cheating? You tell me."

14 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Always wanted to watch Michigan play in Ann Arbor.

Me too. Against Notre Dame. In early November, under cloudy skies, about 45 degrees. True football weather. Somewhat muddy field. That, to me, would be the penultimate football game

Archived