Auburn's Week 1 Depth Chart

RunInRed

But of course I'll have to see it. It sounds like an opponent should be able to exploit one of the linebackers as far as testing them in pass coverage.....but maybe we have some counter before that

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joey Gatewood should look up a guy named Trey Burton. It would be cool to see what he could do at another position.

Check that: Gus should look up a guy named Trey Burton.

I just want to know why Javaris Davis plays CB at 5' 10" and drops down to 5' 1" when he moves to Star. That seems to be too short to play the Star position. Is that some kind of secret weapon Steele installed for this year ? 

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

I just want to know why Javaris Davis plays CB at 5' 10" and drops down to 5' 1" when he moves to Star. That seems to be too short to play the Star position. Is that some kind of secret weapon Steele installed for this year ? 

Star plays closer to the line of scrimmage, so gotta keep the pad level lower...

:rimshot:

We have got to stay healthy in just about all positions in that injuries could really make this a hard season. Do not mean to sound too negative, but depth just is not as good as it was last year. I hope and pray we stay tough and healthy all season. If we lose some of our starters, we will have to double down and be tougher than who we are playing.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

We have got to stay healthy in just about all positions in that injuries could really make this a hard season. Do not mean to sound too negative, but depth just is not as good as it was last year. I hope and pray we stay tough and healthy all season. If we lose some of our starters, we will have to double down and be tougher than who we are playing.

Speaking of health, I hope all's well your way Doc 🙏

On 8/27/2019 at 11:27 AM, RunInRed said:

Gus now saying this is the order the backs will enter the game.  Props to Malik if true.  I would think Shivers would be 3rd.  I can understand DJ coming on later in the season after he has more reps.  I think we’ll see Joiner somewhere other than RB before he gets his turn in this rotation.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:55 AM, IronMan70 said:

Really hope it's not because he loses his head when he switches positions.

On 8/28/2019 at 4:19 PM, doc4aday said:

To an extent, this is true for every team out there. 2004 and 2010 were both highly unusual in that we had few if any injuries throughout those seasons. Mix a key injury or two into either one of those years and we probably don't go undefeated.

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Gus now saying this is the order the backs will enter the game.  Props to Malik if true.  I would think Shivers would be 3rd.  I can understand DJ coming on later in the season after he has more reps.  I think we’ll see Joiner somewhere other than RB before he gets his turn in this rotation.

If they have Malik ahead of shivers.....gonna be a long season if that's true

There’s no way y’all believe that’s the depth chart and that’s how the RB’s will enter the game in that exact order. Don’t be that naive 

Coe at this linebacker spot and him being number 2 at every position on 🌎 still has me a little confused

Just now, cole256 said:

Coe at this linebacker spot and him being number 2 at every position on 🌎 still has me a little confused

I heard one person suggest that it's a fake position created so that he could be listed as a starter.

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Where are you seeing/hearing that?

I'm fine if that ends up being the order that they get into the game but it would be really weird- even for Gus- to 1) know that ahead of time and 2) say it out loud. 

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Steele is going to mix in more alignments this season. Guys like Coe, Smoke, and the athleticism of our LBs now give him that flexibility. 

That OLB means (to me) we're going to see more Bear (or 46 defense) fronts. So you'd have a 0 tech and two 3 techs with their hands in the dirt and basically two Bucks on each side.

Another thing to remember, this isn't the same Oregon style offense we saw in 2010. Cristobal uses a number or multiple TE sets. We'll be looking to matchup to their size in the run game, but doesn't necessarily mean Coe will be asked to cover TEs or RBs out of the backfield.

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Another thing to remember, this isn't the same Oregon style offense we saw in 2010. Cristobal uses a number or multiple TE sets. We'll be looking to matchup to their size in the run game, but doesn't necessarily mean Coe will be asked to cover TEs or RBs out of the backfield.

Yeah, he seems more David Shaw than Chip Kelly. 

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm fine if that ends up being the order that they get into the game but it would be really weird- even for Gus- to 1) know that ahead of time and 2) say it out loud.

Gus has had too much time to think this off season.  I can see him rotating the RBs in that order on his scripted plays just to get Oregon thinking.  If it is his plan, he will stick with it come h3ll or high water (global warming reference).

It will be interesting to see if he really does it.

13 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I swear if Miller gets more touches/snaps than Shivers I will be in the market for a new TV

giphy.gif

*This is more on how high I am on Worm rather than disparaging Malik Miller who has worked his butt off.

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I swear if Miller gets more touches/snaps than Shivers I will be in the market for a new TV

giphy.gif

*This is more on how high I am on Worm rather than disparaging Malik Miller who has worked his butt off.

Lisa you’re tearing me apart!

For what it’s worth Malik has great hands and didn’t look half bad when he played last season.  Also there was the 60 yard run in the scrimmage etc.  

Here’s where I saw this FYI.  Worm will get plenty of touches.

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I heard one person suggest that it's a fake position created so that he could be listed as a starter.

Where are you seeing/hearing that?

I'm just asking because I couldn't think of a reason, but why do that? Create a position? 

As far as the running back stuff a poster said it was confirmed but as you could see from my wording....I don't know about all that

20 minutes ago, Tiger said:

giphy.gif

Me too, justmy neighbors TV instead of mine

To me some stuff just translate, I don't care what style I run but if I see Coe at linebacker I'm trying to isolate him out in space andmake some things happen

Maybe I'm misremembering this, but wasn't the talk around recruiting time that Malik was supposedly even better than KJ?  (They played together in high school right and Malik was a year behind right?)  Anyway, it will be interesting to see the load distribution with the RB's.

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Maybe I'm misremembering this, but wasn't the talk around recruiting time that Malik was supposedly even better than KJ?  (They played together in high school right and Malik was a year behind right?)  Anyway, it will be interesting to see the load distribution with the RB's.

I don't remember "better" necessarily, but "very good" for sure. And people have always had this impression of him as some sort of husky H type but he's actually got an almost prototypical build for RB. He's just had a variety of issues which I believe *could* mostly be attributed to his injury as a freshman. Before that he looked good with limited carries and I thought his floor was Peyton Barber. 

Archived