Week 1 - Malzahn Previews Oregon

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Wonder why he he’s coming down? Seems like he’s been lights out being able to see the field from the box. 

On one hand, it's a little concerning Steele will be down on the field considering he prefers to be in the box.

On the other hand, I want "CAN'T SLEEP ON THE PLANE" Steele as close to the players as possible during the game.

23 minutes ago, Tiger said:

On one hand, it's a little concerning Steele will be down on the field considering he prefers to be in the box.

Hopefully it means he trusts a set of eyes he will have up there & they will do a good job.

58 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Wonder why he he’s coming down? Seems like he’s been lights out being able to see the field from the box. 

Old man eyes? :dunno:

Can't play conservative? So that should mean he will unleash Bo right? Don't handcuff him if he throws a pick.

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

If Steele on the sidelines will somehow force him to adjust sooner, then I'm all for it.   Last year his defense was not lights out, he refused to adjust to what the opponents offense was giving him, he absolutely refused.  

7 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Can't play conservative? So that should mean he will unleash Bo right? Don't handcuff him if he throws a pick.

It's all on the oline to open holes for the Rbs and keep the pressure off Nix.

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

It's all on the oline to open holes for the Rbs and keep the pressure off Nix.

I don't know much about their d-line except that they got the no 1 recruit in the nation at DE so it'll be interesting how they handle him.

30 minutes ago, keesler said:

he refused to adjust to what the opponents offense was giving him, he absolutely refused.

I highly doubt it was as simple as him refusing to adjust. Their could & likely were other factors.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I highly doubt it was as simple as him refusing to adjust. Their could & likely were other factors.

Ok, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and agree that those other factors are what allowed a QB to run up the gut time after time to the tune of damn near 200 yrds on this defense. 

Now I fully realize our offense shot themselves in the foot in that game multiple times, but to sit in those stands watching our D get gashed by a solitary QB was sickening.  So either the boss man upstairs wouldn't adjust or his players were running their own show on the field and ignoring him.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:
48 minutes ago, keesler said:

he refused to adjust to what the opponents offense was giving him, he absolutely refused.

I have it on good authority that there WERE other factors involved.  Steele got so tired of his side of the ball having to carry the Offense he just needed a break.  Video evidence as follows:

tenor.gif

I just hope that security recognizes Coach Steele when he's on the field or it could get ugly...

coach-choke-out.gif

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I just hope that security recognizes Coach Steele when he's on the field or it could get ugly...

Hope not this bad:

Legendary defensive mastermind Buddy Ryan dies at 85

22 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Maybe they need Coach Steele to scare the crap out of the offense, too. O side of the ball doesn't have anyone that scary! And I thought CKS was a big softy...uh, uh.:no: 

You don't get to be as good a defensive coach as he is without having a mean ass snake inside of you.

It also makes no sense to me that adjustments couldn't be made before halftime with Steele in the box. 

So either a quote was taken out of context or hopefully a BIG ISSUE could be taken care of... I just have a difficult time taking that quote as brass tax. 

Archived