Joe Walsh

homersapien

I started a thread on this guy in the trash talk forum, but it's worth a more serious examination.

What do you make of this guy?  (Please watch the interview below.) Considering his history I don't trust him, but he sure does come across as if he's had a "road to Damascus" moment.  He's certainly telling the truth about Trump now. 

I suspect he'll have a large effect on the election.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/what-joe-walsh-thinks-about-immigration-climate-change-and-trump

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

I started a thread on this guy in the trash talk forum, but it's worth a more serious examination.

What do you make of this guy?  (Please watch the interview below.) Considering his history I don't trust him, but he sure does come across as if he's had a "road to Damascus" moment.  He's certainly telling the truth about Trump now. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/what-joe-walsh-thinks-about-immigration-climate-change-and-trump

A couple of songs (I’m a Walsh fan)I will resist the urge to link. Since you are compelled to take this to serious discussion. But since you used the “Damascus “ analogy I will at least send you a song written by a good friend of mine. On a serious note, I don’t even think Kasich would penetrate the shitgibbons skulls. 

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

I disagree, but we shall see. 

7 hours ago, alexava said:

A couple of songs (I’m a Walsh fan)I will resist the urge to link. Since you are compelled to take this to serious discussion. But since you used the “Damascus “ analogy I will at least send you a song written by a good friend of mine. On a serious note, I don’t even think Kasich would penetrate the shitgibbons skulls. 

Agree. The #realshitgibbons are concerned with free everything, open borders, and no meaningful contribution to society. And I can poop on the street if i wish. A true "you owe me for living here" mentality. 

I don't see Walsh cutting through that nonsense with a conservative base, but perhaps he can? He better bring it.

Of course and as always, this is just an opinion. 

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

I suspect you are just bored. How will this guy have a large effect? Really troubling, if you are looking to dethrone Trump,  is what the democrats are currently offering.

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I suspect you are just bored. How will this guy have a large effect? Really troubling, if you are looking to dethrone Trump,  is what the democrats are currently offering.

I hear he locks the doors to his limo in case he's attacked.😁

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Agree. The #realshitgibbons are concerned with free everything, open borders, and no meaningful contribution to society. And I can poop on the street if i wish. A true "you owe me for living here" mentality. 

I don't see Walsh cutting through that nonsense with a conservative base, but perhaps he can? He better bring it.

Of course and as always, this is just an opinion. 

That is the disappointing part to me. It wasn't always like this that i recall. I stand in the middle on most of these issues. where i think most reasonable people are. I don't think either side truly believes what they are preaching right now. They are just trying to out yell each other and stir up the far left base. Not doing or saying they will do what is best but saying what will get them votes.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:41 AM, homersapien said:

He only has to chip away at Trump’s support to make a difference. A consistent conservative voice given air time can do that without posing a threat to Trump getting the nomination. Especially coupled with any economic decline. 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He only has to chip away at Trump’s support to make a difference. A consistent conservative voice given air time can do that without posing a threat to Trump getting the nomination. Especially coupled with any economic decline. 

I just hope nobody is hoping for economic decline..

22 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I hear he locks the doors to his limo in case he's attacked.😁

Same. Friend of mine tells me he had a Maserati that did 185, he lost his license and now he don't drive.

2 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Same. Friend of mine tells me he had a Maserati that did 185, he lost his license and now he don't drive.

Man really sounds like life HAS NOT been good to him so far.

13 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

In a live version after he joined the Eagles he says......I'm making records, my fans they can't wait.  They write Tim (Schmidt) letters, tell Glenn (Fry) Don's (Henley) great!

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AUChatman1971 said:

thought he was a great addition to The Eagles

Funk 49 was better

Uh, sleep all day, out all night,
I know where you're going.
I don't that's a-acting right,
You don't think it's showing.
A-jumpin' up, fallin' down,
Don't misunderstand me.
You don't think that I know your plan,
What you try'n to hand me?

On 8/28/2019 at 5:36 PM, AUFAN78 said:

I disagree, but we shall see. 

I'm with you.  I think he's got valid points to make, but his influence isn't very wide reaching.  I bet I could ask 30-40 conservatives in my circles of all ages if they knew who Joe Walsh was.  Most would say no and a few would say "That dude from the Eagles?"

Archived