superstitions and rituals (merged threads)

Auctoritas

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I knew you guys/gals were craving the "My Thoughts From the Stadium" thread so I had to stay.  Took one for the forum.  :laugh:

Literally and figuratively...

tenor.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, api1957 said:

New hat prior to season

Shower first thing in the morning

3 cups of coffee

First beer gets cracked during kickoff

we win, switch to rum (rum's for winners)

we lose, stay with beer

we're like 0-13 when "married time" happens prior to kick off (sorry, i'll never not make that mistake)

and I think we're undefeated when I'm not in the country. (6-0 if not mistaken)

Literally the only Auburn fan on the planet who remembers 2012 fondly. Well, only two Auburn fans, I hope. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Would you go as far as to say inconcei...

It's a true story.  Unfortunately I have proof with the ER bill that is time stamped of when I arrived.  The unfortunate part being the amount owed for a doctor that never even came in the room to tell me something I already knew (it's a kidney stone).

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Literally the only Auburn fan on the planet who remembers 2012 fondly. Well, only two Auburn fans, I hope. 

We got married that year!! During the Texas A&M debacle.

8 minutes ago, api1957 said:

We got married that year!! During the Texas A&M debacle.

I am getting married this year during the Samford game.  If I have your luck, Malzahn will be in a world of hurt!

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If ever a fall wedding was a good idea...

Turned out that way, glad I didn't watch that. That's when that cold front came through overnight with strong winds all day. We spent all day on the beach Friday and couldn't get warm during the wedding. 

8 minutes ago, akcwde said:

I am getting married this year during the Samford game.  If I have your luck, Malzahn will be in a world of hurt!

Exactly!! If I get to chose "that" or an Auburn win...well, there's always next week.

1 minute ago, api1957 said:

Exactly!! If I get to chose "that" or an Auburn win...well, there's always next week.

You can go to Waffle House afterward either way. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Superstition and Rituals
57 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Yea I am sorry, but if it comes down to "that" or Auburn, I hate to say it but only time I'm going to be able to choose AU is if we are at the game...anywhere else...sorry....I am a victim of circumstances...Blame it on genetics. At the end I will scream War Damn either way hehe

You guys are awesome! Our giant 8’x10’ flag is on the porch. So we are ready at the house.  It won’t come down until after all of college football is over. I do try to wear a shirt that has a proven record.  We never invite anyone back to our tailgate if we lose the game when they come. The preacher and his wife are coming to the house on Saturday.  We went to their house for the SEC basketball championship and we won, so I am hoping they are safe. 

Well, for the last few years I drink my Saturday morning coffee in my blue AU mug for Home games & my white AU mug for Away games.

Of course, since I've been doing this Auburn loses roughly 5 games per year so it's a sucky ritual. 🤨

Oh, back in my younger & dumber days (cuz I'm still pretty dang dumb) when my buddy had a line to a bookie I would always bet on Auburn's opponent when our Tigers were favored.  That way, I always "won" regardless of how the game turned out.  And if AU were favored by...say...4.5, but only won by 4.....BONUS!!!!!!!

:tdau:

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Oh, back in my younger & dumber days (cuz I'm still pretty dang dumb) when my buddy had a line to a bookie I would always bet on Auburn's opponent when our Tigers were favored.  That way, I always "won" regardless of how the game turned out.  And if AU were favored by...say...4.5, but only won by 4.....BONUS!!!!!!!

:tdau:

I never ever ever bet on my team. Not because of anything noble or righteous, but because I'm an enormous jinx. It's why I seem like such a pessimist when I watch the game, I'm trying to do reverse psychology on lady luck.

26 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I never ever ever bet on my team. Not because of anything noble or righteous, but because I'm an enormous jinx. It's why I seem like such a pessimist when I watch the game, I'm trying to do reverse psychology on lady luck.

Bingo!  I never bet on Auburn either.  I wouldn't have been able to stand losing the game AND my $$$ too 😥

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I did 🙁. I don’t throw them away just won’t use them on game day . If I’m at home I have been known to change at halftime. For the record my percentage of positive has not proven to be good. Thinking about wearing my new Final Four shirt Saturday. What do y’all think ?

That's a bold move....

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Well, for the last few years I drink my Saturday morning coffee in my blue AU mug for Home games & my white AU mug for Away games.

Of course, sinYeah ce I've been doing this Auburn loses roughly 5 games per year so it's a sucky ritual. 🤨

Yeah it's really tough to get the mug ritual just right..........

4 hours ago, api1957 said:

New hat prior to season

Shower first thing in the morning

3 cups of coffee

First beer gets cracked during kickoff

we win, switch to rum (rum's for winners)

we lose, stay with beer

we're like 0-13 when "married time" happens prior to kick off (sorry, i'll never not make that mistake)

and I think we're undefeated when I'm not in the country. (6-0 if not mistaken)

We'll all chip in for some airline tickets....

One time, can’t remember the year, we were watching the Iron Bowl at home.  We were close, but just couldn’t seem to get ahead.  So we all changed shirts.  That didn’t work.  So we got out our seat cushions and put them on top of our furniture. We won! Another year,  I think it was the 2004 season,  we had season tickets with my mom and dad. We were half way through the season and we were super nervous about losing.  We decided to wear all the same clothes for every game.  Same shirt, pants, even underwear.  I used to joke with my mom about having on my team support bra. She thought it was hilarious.  We had all kinds of jokes about that.  It was a wonderful season to share with my parents.  5 years later, Mother had the best view from heaven.  

Thumbs up during extra points and field goals. Started doing it during marching band 15ish years ago (watch... they all do it). I like to take responsibility for us having good kickers since 2007ish.

Archived