superstitions and rituals (merged threads)

Auctoritas

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DAG said:

Absolutely by myself at the crib. I can’t stand the chatter about other stuff , I yell, I pace and I also hate when people parrot what just happened especially when it is against Auburn lol. I don’t need to hear you say two or three times we fumbled or threw an interception , I lived it!! Or ask me 5 times why Gus called that play 

Dude I am so with you! I especially don't need someone to tell me to calm down when Gus does something stupid. Especially since I'm in a house full of bammer's.

54 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Thumbs up during extra points and field goals. Started doing it during marching band 15ish years ago (watch... they all do it). I like to take responsibility for us having good kickers since 2007ish.

Very close to what my family does...when opposing kicker is attempting a kick, we throw hands up with thumbs either at 90 degrees or down and wiggle them while chanting buga buga buga buga louder and LOUDER until the kick....and then there it is....that sound.....DOINK...WAR DAMN EAGLE

6 hours ago, api1957 said:

New hat prior to season

Shower first thing in the morning

3 cups of coffee

First beer gets cracked during kickoff

we win, switch to rum (rum's for winners)

we lose, stay with beer

we're like 0-13 when "married time" happens prior to kick off (sorry, i'll never not make that mistake)

and I think we're undefeated when I'm not in the country. (6-0 if not mistaken)

Would it be possible to find a happy medium? Go with the "married thing" before all non- conference games and take a trip out of the country on all conference games? I think the team can handle Tulane and company regardless. Just trying to see if we can make this good for everyone. :)

Sounds expensive 🤔

But if someone wants to hook me up with a job abroad for 4 months I’ll field some offers.

I sing the fight song "opera style" before every games kickoff, even small ones! Whoever is with me has to do the  "go go go" and "hey" parts.  The more people who join in, the better our chance of winning! It's become such a thing for our group that friends have other friends that can't be there calling to hear over the phone every game. Started this while at AU 20+ years ago. 

33 minutes ago, AUBURNJAC said:

I sing the fight song "opera style" before every games kickoff, even small ones! Whoever is with me has to do the  "go go go" and "hey" parts.  The more people who join in, the better our chance of winning! It's become such a thing for our group that friends have other friends that can't be there calling to hear over the phone every game. Started this while at AU 20+ years ago. 

That is the most original tradition I think I've ever heard. Nice job. If more people joining in improves our chances maybe you could somehow join the pregame festivities? 

16 hours ago, api1957 said:

New hat prior to season

Shower first thing in the morning

3 cups of coffee

First beer gets cracked during kickoff

we win, switch to rum (rum's for winners)

we lose, stay with beer

we're like 0-13 when "married time" happens prior to kick off (sorry, i'll never not make that mistake)

and I think we're undefeated when I'm not in the country. (6-0 if not mistaken)

So, if you and your significant other were to join the Mile-High Club, over Int'l Waters, before kickoff.....would that create a tear in the space/time continuum?

24 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So, if you and your significant other were to join the Mile-High Club, over Int'l Waters, before kickoff.....would that create a tear in the space/time continuum?

Image result for ghostbusters end of days quote gif

9 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Where are your priorities??? “Married time” can wait until after the game!!!

Strike while the iron is hot! There's no telling when she'll let me smith again.

4 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Strike while the iron is hot! There's no telling when she'll let me smith again.

When married time calls, you answer.

Sincerely,
Married dudes

i just got out my trusty wristband and ball cap. they came up big in 17 but then relapsed. i am expecting big things this year. so what lucky garments or superstitions ya got? lets hear them. you first ell...............

Simple rule.  Never bring home anything acquired during a game in which we lose.  As a student I would break my wood shaker and throw it away on the way out of the stadium.  Can't let the evil live on. 

I have AU sweat bands from ‘83. Wear them every game. Going back to a 2010 hat this year.......

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i just got out my trusty wristband and ball cap. they came up big in 17 but then relapsed. i am expecting big things this year. so what lucky garments or superstitions ya got? lets hear them. you first ell...............

Mine is to not post my superstitions in more than one AUFamily forum topic about superstitions in a single year!!!!

Archived