Gif Posters

jared52

Hey @ellitor @bigbird @WFE12 @ValleyTiger and anyone else who posts gifs a lot. The only way I can seem to get it to work from my phone is saving the gif to my camera roll and attaching it to the post. Is that how you guys are doing it, or is there a way to post a link and have it automatically show up? What sites are you getting your gifs from? I usually use Giphy.

I usually do a google search, then open image in new tab and copy URL. Some sites like giphy will redirect to their site so you might have to open in new tab on the image again or hit share to get the URL copied. 

Main thing is just make sure the URL ends in .gif otherwise it won't work. Some URLs may have resize numbers after the .gif, you can just delete that part and they'll work. 

You can paste directly here, use the image button on desktop, or use the insert other media on mobile. 

As far as making your own gifs, I've used giphy and imgur in the past.

11 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

I usually do a google search, then open image in new tab and copy URL. Some sites like giphy will redirect to their site so you might have to open in new tab on the image again or hit share to get the URL copied. 

Main thing is just make sure the URL ends in .gif otherwise it won't work. Some URLs may have resize numbers after the .gif, you can just delete that part and they'll work. 

You can paste directly here, use the image button on desktop, or use the insert other media on mobile. 

As far as making your own gifs, I've used giphy and imgur in the past.

Oh geez, I have totally been overlooking the second link Giphy give you which has the .gif on the end. I've always known that it had to end with that extension, I just never noticed where to get it.

Archived