2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That would be a home run for sure. He is such a complete back. If y'all don't know of him, watch his highlights sometime.

Wow you are correct.  He is a complete back.  Great speed, power and vision.  Definite home run recruit.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That would be a home run for sure. He is such a complete back. If y'all don't know of him, watch his highlights sometime.

2 things I took away from those highlights:

1. This kid is built to play in the SEC, not elite speed but grown man strong.

2. I LOVED what his team does on offense, under center 2 TE, pistol TE/H-Back sets, and 10 personnel sets in the gun. 

I wouldn’t be mad at all if this kid becomes our 2nd RB in the class.

Just now, AUinGA44 said:

This kid is built to play in the SEC, not elite speed but grown man strong

Yep, he's thicker than a Snicker. 

not built the same but he runs like derrick henry to me.....deceptively fast.  legs don't seem to be moving fast but no one catches him.  in those highlights, its like he never hits 5th gear, just cruising in 4th.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Big Like....

His balance and his ability to shed blockers is what makes me like his style. I love guys who don't go down easy and know how to maneuver to keep going forward...

A few things - the new OC is helping dramatically and the new OL coach is able to recruit. Also shows what could have been if we replaced the OL coach years ago. This is the best we have done in a long time on the OL recruiting front. 
Love this class. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I love the way he sees a lane and hits it. There is zero wasted movement or hesitation and if you give him a little hole he’s going through it in a hurry. L j Johnson 

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

if we replaced the OL coach years ago

Wouldn't have mattered then. Herb Hand is/was a good recruiter too remember but Gus greatly hampered him. Bick doing well on the trail is another sign this is Chad's O & Chad is leting his assistants do their work.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wouldn't have mattered then. Herb Hand is/was a good recruiter too remember but Gus greatly hampered him. Bick doing well on the trail is another sign this is Chad's O & Chad is leting his assistants do their work.

Probably, but from the way the insiders talk on some of these other sites, JB was the worst recruiter we’ve ever had.

Either way glad everything has changed, at least for a while. 

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

JB was the worst recruiter we’ve ever had.

He was definitely atrocious at finishing.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He was definitely atrocious at finishing.

Pretty awesome at napping though...:banghead:

So far the O side of the ball is looking pretty darn good. 4 OL , a stud QB, and a stud RB seem to have a lot of TE prospects and working on some WR's. We basically want a 2-3 more O-line a TE and 1 or 2 WR's to fill out O side. On D we have a lot of work to do we have missed on a couple of LB's but with our Depth only need 1-2, we have 2 DB's but need 2-4 more and we have one DT and need 3-5 more D-Line. With the Aussie leaving us unless one of the walk-on's does well this year we will need a Punter in this class. 

Garner has a habit of bringing players in late in the cycle I hope that he continues that, I think one of his strength's is going into players homes and meeting the family It will be interesting to see how well he does with Virtual recruiting. I wonder if North Shore has any stud DB's or LB's. Last few years the D side has been the better recruiters hopefully we will start to see some momentum on that side of the ball soon. 

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We basically want a 2-3 more O-line

anywhere from 1-5 more depending on the source you prefer.

7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

a TE

maybe 2

8 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

1 or 2 WR's

2-3

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

have 2 DB's but need 2-4 more

Haven't seen any numbers on how many we are taking there.

10 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

need 3-5 more D-Line.

4-5 more is what is projected

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

So I guess maybe we are looking at maybe a TE as the next commit sometime in the next month?

1 or 2 TEs, Buck, LB, or WR.

The staff still expects to have 11 or 12 commits by July 1.

22 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I wonder if North Shore has any stud DB's

They do next year for sure!

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They do next year for sure!

Would be a 5* as 247 & Rivals rankings are now if the composite had him factored in.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

1 or 2 TEs, Buck, LB, or WR.

The staff still expects to have 11 or 12 commits by July 1.

did we sign 2 or 3 TE last period??  

7 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

did we sign 2 or 3 TE last period??  

We signed 2 in the 2020 class and signed 2 in the ‘19 class and I think they both redshirted. So we have 4 freshmen TE’s

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

We signed 2 in the 2020 class and signed 2 in the ‘19 class and I think they both redshirted. So we have 4 freshmen TE’s

With 4 freshman,  it baffles me that we would sign 2 more. I'm sure they have a plan, lol I just don't understand  it.

1 minute ago, lutzcammed said:

With 4 freshman,  it baffles me that we would sign 2 more. I'm sure they have a plan, lol I just don't understand  it.

Some guys like Fromm might not be a TE, he might be more of a big WR. Then some guys will be H Backs instead of traditional TE’s

50 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

@lutzcammed You'll want to read this from the Landen King thread a few days ago. TE in Chad's O is not 1 position. It's essentially 2-3 positions.

Archived