2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

3 star wr.....I forget his first name but his last name is McClain. 6'5" wr......we should jump on him. He's good and it looks like we may actually start throwing to tell wr's in the redzone. I have 3 guys that I think would be good pick ups in state that's not rated super high

What’s his first name and or school?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

link

Five-star Brockermeyer talks about his top five schools

BySTEVE WILTFONG 

We are a little over a year away before Fort Worth (Texas) All Saints Episcopal five-star offensive tackle Tommy Brockermeyer signs his letter of intent.

Seems like a college decision could come much sooner than that.

On Wednesday evening, the top-ranked offensive tackle and No. 3 ranked prospect overall in the 247Sports Composite narrowed his list of 20-plus offers to a final five schools. Texas, Clemson, Alabama, LSU and Auburn are the programs that remain standing for the 6-foot-6, 283-pound Brockermeyer.

"This is going to be an incredibly hard decision," Brockermeyer added on social media.

Texas is the early 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite. Easy to see why. Brockermeyer's father Blake played for the Longhorns and his older brother Luke is a linebacker in Austin. His grandfather Kay also suited up for the Burnt Orange.

"I grew up a Texas fan," Brockermeyer said. "I've always loved Texas. When I visited there it also felt like a good fit and also felt like a family because my family has been there so long."

With that being said, Brockermeyer went into his own recruiting process open to all suitors. Tom Herman and company have done a good job making it an attractive place for him as well.

"I love all the coaches there, even though there is a lot of coaching changes going on there," Brockermeyer said. "The facilities are super nice there. It's a great city. One of the best cities in the whole United States. Great school also. You can't go wrong with Texas."

He feels the same about his other four finalists.

Brockermeyer is fresh off a visit to Auburn for the Iron Bowl where he saw the Tigers defeat their rival the Crimson Tide. He had an "unbelievable time" and called it the "game of the year."

"The environment was something I can’t put into words," Brockermeyer added. "It was that good. The highlights for me finally getting able to meet some of the coaches and just experiencing one of greatest college football games of the year. Towards the end of the game, I don’t think I have ever heard a stadium as loud as that and we also got to storm the field which was awesome. Can’t wait to visit again! Auburn is a potential fit for me because it’s a school I believe that completes the whole college experience. They compete for National Championships and also have a great school. It’s an amazing college town with so many great people."

Clemson offered Brockermeyer in September but the relationship started earlier than that.

"When I visited there I had such a great time with all the coaches and looking at all the facilities," Brockermeyer said. "It felt like somewhere I can see myself going there. It had that family feeling."

The Crimson Tide made a big impression during a visit in June.

"Alabama is Alabama," Brockermeyer said. "Growing up they were always dominating teams and Nick Saban. Once I visited there, seeing all the rings and then the potential, you go to Alabama you have a really good chance to go to the NFL. It's just next level stuff there and also Nick Saban is such a great coach and iconic person in college football."

Brockermeyer was at LSU in October for the Tigers victory over Auburn.

"With LSU lately they've been doing so well," Brockermeyer said. "When I visited there I had such a good time with the offensive line coach and meeting Coach O. They just really showed me it's such a great place to be especially right now with the way things are going. and also their o-line development has been real strong the last decade."

Brockermeyer has a few visits scheduled. He'll be at Clemson again on Jan. 24 and Alabama on Feb. 1. He'll try and get back to Auburn the day before he's in Tuscaloosa. As for the other two schools LSU and Texas, "I know I'll for sure be there in the next couple months."

3COMMENTS

Brockermeyer's brother James ranks as No. 3 center in the 2021 class. If you land one Brockermeyer, you probably have a good shot to sign the other.

"We definitely would like to play together," Brockermeyer said. "If it comes down to us not going to the same school it's not the end of the world."

On 12/3/2019 at 11:25 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

It’s Marquise Mclain’s (AU WR) little brother, Malik. He goes to Daphne. 

Well damn....nevermind smh

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

Well damn....nevermind smh

Haha. I’m surprised we haven’t looked at Daphne’s quarterback as an athlete. Trent Battle. Coached him a little in baseball. Heck of an athlete and good kid. He’s gotten some offers as a junior, most notably Kentucky/West Virginia I think. Hoping he tears it up his senior year. 

On 12/3/2019 at 7:12 PM, GwillMac6 said:

If I had to guess off the top of my head without seeing any data? Oklahoma. They always to me have a top 3 ol in the country. And we'll everyone knows their struggles on defense. As does every big 12 team. 

I really wish we would hire Matt Luke and put jb on a off field role or he can retire. 

Their defense reached new heights this year. Not sure about the dlinemen, but as a unit they really have risen with the new defensive coordinator.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Their defense reached new heights this year. Not sure about the dlinemen, but as a unit they really have risen with the new defensive coordinator.

Until they get Burrow-ed by LSU.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20191214/hs-football-recruiting-palm-beach-lakes-junior-running-back-antonio-outler-offered-by-auburn-kentucky
HS football recruiting: Palm Beach Lakes junior running back Antonio Outler offered by Auburn an Kentucky, the Beach Lakes junior totaled 19 touchdowns in 2019. He has five offers.

The recruiting process is quickly picking up for Palm Beach Lakes standout running back Antonio Outler.

Outler, a 5-foot-10 junior, was offered by SEC schools Auburn and Kentucky this week. He now has five offers.

Outler has also been offered by Pittsburgh, UAB and Southern Miss.

Outler emerged as one of Palm Beach County’s most explosive offensive weapons this fall. Outler totaled 1,759 rushing yards on 170 carries this season, averaging 10.3 yards per carry.

The Palm Beach Gardens High transfer also scored 19 touchdowns for a Palm Beach Lakes team that finished 10-1. Lakes went 9-0 in the regular season before falling to Venice in the Class 7A-Region 3 semifinals.

Auburn signed former Wellington star athlete Mark-Antony Richards earlier this year. Richards redshirted this season after suffering an injury over the summer.

Follow @JakeElman97 on Twitter

Looks like we lead for 3* OT Caleb Johnson

It would be cool to get the 4* twin Center and Tackle Brockermeyer brothers (they both rushed the field during the Iron Bowl). 

5* DE Dylan Brooks is CB'd to us by KN but he's had three Alabama visits since September

3* DT Anquin Barnes might be one to watch since we're one of the first to offer and he's camped with us

5* DB Ga'Quincy McKinstry visited in November and is CB'd to us for now. 

5* S James Williams has visited twice since late November

I'm not sure what the situation is but it says 4* ATH Brandon Perry committed to us but isn't listed as committed

18 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm not sure what the situation is but it says 4* ATH Brandon Perry committed to us but isn't listed as committed

Reported 2 weeks ago AU doesn't consider him a commit because he didn't talk to the staff 1st.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Reported 2 weeks ago AU doesn't consider him a commit because he didn't talk to the staff 1st.

Such an odd game that is. Who is the receiver who did something like this without a committable offer? Really tall guy we never really seemed to pursue.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

15 hours ago, Zeek said:

Such an odd game that is. Who is the receiver who did something like this without a committable offer? Really tall guy we never really seemed to pursue.

Just seems like someone would have told him this was a bad idea!!

• ellitor pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Tommy Brockermeyer got a crystal ball to Clemson yesterday from Demetric Warren.

54 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Tommy Brockermeyer got a crystal ball to Clemson yesterday from Demetric Warren.

Of course he did 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I'd offer 5+ scholarship a year at North shore...

I was thinking the same thing. The entire team looks super impressive. Bird, is this team a powerhouse in Texas? The QB would be awesome in our current offense. 

Archived