2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

O how fun Lee Hunter lost his composite 5 star status. Thanks Barton!

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Paladin said:

Big kid, but seems to use his weight more than technique.  It also looks like a lot of that weight is not good weight and would be shed in a college program.  He is going to have to work on technique to make it in SEC ball.

10 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Hello new guy, nice to have you and thanks for the posts.

Tuscaloosa DB has high interest in Tigers

By KEITH NIEBUHR 62 minutes ago

Kamari Lassiter, an Auburn defensive back target, might call Tuscaloosa, Ala., home now, but he isn't originally from there.

“I’m from Savannah (Georgia),” he said. “I moved here in the ninth-grade.”

Lassiter, who is 6-feet, 175 pounds, has emerged as a target for both Power 5 programs in the state of Alabama. All told, the American Christian standout claims 14 offers with the Auburn Tigers and Alabama Crimson Tide being two that have made the move.

Lassiter, likely a corner in college, visited Auburn for the first time Feb. 1 and left impressed.

“It was great,” Lassiter said. “Very informative. I have a great relationship with (secondary coach Wesley McGriff) Coach Crime. He’s great. He’s real personable and is a great coach. I like him.”

According to Lassiter, who carries a 4.47 GPA, he has no leaders at this time. He might list his top schools this summer.

A commitment will come “most likely after the season.”

“I talk to Auburn almost every day,” Lassiter said. “I always talk to Coach Crime.”

During that Feb. 1 trip to Auburn, Lassiter also had one-on-one time with Tigers coach Gus Malzahn.

“I liked him,” Lassiter did. “He was basically talking about how my recruitment was going and said they really want me at Auburn — and that I’m a special talent.”

How would Lassiter describe his interest in Auburn?

“I have a very high interest,” he said.

Lassiter was joined in Auburn that day by his mother.

“I think she likes Auburn as well,” he said.

The Tigers are working to get Lassiter back on campus for a spring practice and/or the spring game, which is April 11.

Lassiter noted, “I’ll be back, most definitely.”

This Sunday, he will visit Ole Miss. Next weekend, Lassiter will check out Florida State and Florida.

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

When’s the last time we’ve even offered somebody from Oklahoma? 

Per AU’s 247 offer lists it was a four star guard last year named Andrew Raym.

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

When’s the last time we’ve even offered somebody from Oklahoma? 

Kid is lean but a 6'4 safety? Sure, why not.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Per AU’s 247 offer lists it was a four star guard last year named Andrew Raym.

Another one from OK. was David Oku anyone remember him. His recruiting was lots of drama

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Another one from OK. was David Oku anyone remember him?

Vaguely

36 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Another one from OK. was David Oku anyone remember him. His recruiting was lots of drama

I remember him. But only from recruiting. Never a good sign. 

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I didn't remember him being an AU target. Just that he was a mess.

Just now, ellitor said:

I didn't remember him being an AU target. Just that he was a mess.

He was a target initially but the drama got to much and AU backed off if I remember correctly. Hell he didn't sign NLI with UT until March he was all over the place

45 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He was a target initially but the drama got to much and AU backed off if I remember correctly. Hell he didn't sign NLI with UT until March he was all over the place

Was he a #UTWildBoy? Was that around the time Kiffin was turning lights off and Ogre was ripping his shirt off? Perfect match if so. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Was he a #UTWildBoy? Was that around the time Kiffin was turning lights off and Ogre was ripping his shirt off? Perfect match if so. 

yep I think he ended up at Arky St after two years

6 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Not the most electric athleticism I've ever seen but he seems to play with an attitude. Takes great pleasure in bullying smaller players and putting them on their asses. Not afraid to let a guy know it if he runs over him. If there's room in this offense for a blocking TE who is a threat to catch an occasional pass, hell yeah, get this mean SOB in our locker room. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

he seems to play with an attitude.

Kinda have to when your last name is Lott.

giphy.gif

Archived