2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’m happy to take the L. I was eating a good Mexican dinner. 🙂

Don’t tempt me, I’m on Keto right now. 😂

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Wasn't there a top recruit who was going to give his commitment sometime today?

No. Lake McRee committed to USC yesterday but most knew that was going to happen.

Also Christian Leary was going to commit today but he announced a week or so ago he was no longer committing today. He's still expected to commit sometime in June though.

Is Gus recruiting a punter? We need one last years punter left early in hopes he would get drafted in the NFL.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not Auburn related right now. We have other receivers higher on the board.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Is Gus recruiting a punter? We need one last years punter left early in hopes he would get drafted in the NFL.

I’m sure they will be but we can’t add one until after the season is over. Unless there a walk on. We cannot add any more scholarship players right now.

From Littleton, Colorado. Terrance is 6-5, 230. What are the chances of us getting his commitment. I've read where he has Auburn real high on his list.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

What are the chances of getting his commitment.

@auburn4ever low. He's expected to commit to Oregon soon & it looks like we have zeroed in on Landen King & Michael Trigg.

Ok thanks. I was hoping we would keep the pipeline open to Colorado. We've done pretty well in signing the Carlson brother's from Colorado.

So I was looking at the 247 state composite rankings and Auburn has the #3 and #4 ranked guys committed to us with a good chance at #5. Also some are saying we’re well in it for #1 Mckinstry. So it’s possible we could end up with four out of the top 5 players in the state. Pretty damn good.  

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

So I was looking at the 247 state composite rankings and Auburn has the #3 and #4 ranked guys committed to us with a good chance at #5. Also some are saying we’re well in it for #1 Mckinstry. So it’s possible we could end up with four out of the top 5 players in the state. Pretty damn good.  

No way Saban lets us take four of the top five. They’ll steal at least two.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He won't steal them.  He'll just pay way above market value. :beer2:

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

If we can keep the 2 we already have committed and can get Williams or McKinstrey then I’m cool with that too. I’ll take 3 out of the top 5 in state

6 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

He won't steal them.  He'll just pay way above market value. :beer2:

That’s what I was referring to as stealing.

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

If we can keep the 2 we already have committed and can get Williams or McKinstrey then I’m cool with that too. I’ll take 3 out of the top 5 in state

I think they get Kool-Aid and I think hNick will make it extremely difficult for us to land Scoob even though we feel like we lead right now.

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If we don't have football this year, will there be signing days in Dec. and Feb.?

@auburn4ever it’s looking more more likely we will have football this season. Whether we do or don’t though I think signing day will be moved back to February and have no December signing day this year because of the extended dead period. I don’t see any way there’s not a signing day in February. Kids can’t just sit there and stay in high school.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think they get Kool-Aid and I think hNick will make it extremely difficult for us to land Scoob even though we feel like we lead right now.

Damn, well we’re gone need Pogue and Garner to step up. I don’t wanna see us lose out on Brooks and Williams 

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

If you want some ancient history, from way back when Pat Sullivan, Terry Beasley and Johnny Musso were the top three recruits in Alabama that year: For most of the cycle, AU was thought to be a lock for Musso, he was AU all the way. ( I had a brother in law on the Banks team with him, so I did have some pretty good first hand info) Then, Pat and Terry both announced for Auburn. Bryant wouldn't stand for AU getting all three. UAT put the "B'ham Mafia", the Bruno family and so forth on the case and Musso ended up at bammer. Some things never change. Just look at what happened with last year's in-state class. Same ol' same ol'.

9 minutes ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

There may very well be college football but I wonder how many high schools will cancel football and other fall sports. 

Legit question.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Legit question.

My daughters school sent out a questioner asking about distance learning availability at home and other stuff. Talked about only a percentage of students allowed at the school each day if any at all. So, I am guessing a chance fall sports will not happen if all or majority of students not allowed back. 

Archived