2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is Jimmori Robinson (juco edge) a thing? Dude looks pretty nasty to me. 

Yes but per Keith AU isn’t ready to take him this early because they don’t want to hurt their recruitments with their high school buck targets like Scoob Williams.

Removed 4* WR :Latrell Neveille & 4* Buck Keanu Koht from the OP. They committed to Nebraska & LSU respectively.

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Congrats to Georgia. Good for them finally getting a 5 star OT.... 🙄

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

We might as well go ahead and send that offer to Orr now

Nope. Still pushing with Byrd even though SMU is trending.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Still pushing with Byrd even though SMU is trending.

1a/1b 

FWIW, It's closer than thought by many. His previous coach is a big pull but he loves AU and the opportunity AU gives. Bicknell is doing a really good job and giving him a lot to listen to.

I hope Auburn will get these commits. WR, Malcolm Johnson. WR, Deion Colzie. RB, Jarquez Hunter. CB, Kamari Lassiter. RB, LJ Johnson. TE, Michael Trigg.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I hope Auburn will get these commits. WR, Malcolm Johnson. WR, Deion Colzie. RB, Jarquez Hunter. CB, Kamari Lassiter. RB, LJ Johnson. TE, Michael Trigg.

If we flip WR Adonai Mitchell as expected AU won't take Colzie. AU has Mitchell higher on their board for the same WR position. Also Jarquez Hunter is not a major target for AU. LJ Johnson is the only RB the staff would take as an addition to this class as of now.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

DJ Williams-So

MAR-RFr

Shivers- Jr

Joiner-RSo

Tank-Fr

Armoni Goodwin- #5 RB

With our depth and the fact that Shivers will be our only upper classman...I think we're good at RB. That said, LJ would be a great addition, he's gonna be a stud. I don't think that's gonna be happening though. I'm okay with that.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

DJ Williams-So

MAR-RFr

Shivers- Jr

Joiner-RSo

Tank-Fr

Armoni Goodwin- #5 RB

With our depth and the fact that Shivers will be our only upper classman...I think we're good at RB. That said, LJ would be a great addition, he's gonna be a stud. I don't think that's gonna be happening though. I'm okay with that.

Do you see Joiner moving back to more of a traditional RB role? I guess we're pretty filthy with TEs now, including the big slot types. 

What about LB, Jamon Dumas-Johnson. I'd love to see us land CB, Kamari Lassiter and RB, LJ Johnson. One RB in the 2021 class isn't enough. We could always play one and red shirt the other.

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Do you see Joiner moving back to more of a traditional RB role? I guess we're pretty filthy with TEs now, including the big slot types. 

Me personally, I'd still love to see him as a  Joker TE similar to Charles Clay or Aaron Hernandez. He would gives us great versatility being able to line him up and motion him to and from RB, HB, or split wide.

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What about LB, Jamon Dumas-Johnson. I'd love to see us land CB, Kamari Lassiter.

I do like Lassiter a lot.

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Do you see Joiner moving back to more of a traditional RB role?

He was moved from HB to RB before last season. I think he may actually get a more diverse role with Chad.

21 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What about LB, Jamon Dumas-Johnson

@auburn4ever Not a target. Our targets are Smael Mondon & Xavian Sorey. If we miss on both of them then the plan is to circle back around to take 1 LB in the class

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Me personally, I'd still love to see him as a  Joker TE similar to Charles Clay or Aaron Hernandez. He would gives us great versatility being able to line him up and motion him to and from RB, HB, or split wide.

I want to see the same thing. Belichick had Hernandez lining up all over the place. Even used him at RB. I hope we pass more to Shivers too

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was moved from HB to RB before last season. I think he may actually get a more diverse role with Chad.

Yeah, but he still only ran the ball 12 times to 6 receptions, and 8 of those carries came in two blowout wins over a Kent State and Arkansas. If he was getting the ball at any meaningful point in any meaningful game, he was probably going to be catching it.

I'm like Bird on this. Given the talent that we have at running back, I wouldn't mind creating some mismatches with him in the passing game. Especially if he really is more of a finesse runner than a power runner.

He needs to gain some weight, last time I saw him in person he looked pretty skinny. 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

He needs to gain some weight, last time I saw him in person he looked pretty skinny. 

Joiner???

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Joiner???

Yeah, was awhile ago though. He’s as tall as me so his height may have been doing some tricks on my eyes 

Archived