2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Taylor talked to AL.Com and he said Gus told him they putting the “full court press on him” so it sounds like the interest is legit. 

@Sizzle still gotta wait for confirmation reports from Keith or Jeffrey Lee. Recruits say things like that in interviews every year but sometimes it turns out not to be true via insider reports from the recruiting reporters.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Sizzle still gotta wait for confirmation reports from Keith or Jeffrey Lee. Recruits say things like that in interviews every year but sometimes it turns out not to be true via insider reports from the recruiting reporters.

Understandable. He’s a good receiver but we’ve got enough bigger guys like him. We need quicker guys who can get separation. I mean what’s Bo going to do,  just throw jump balls all game?

40 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Understandable. He’s a good receiver but we’ve got enough bigger guys like him. We need quicker guys who can get separation. I mean what’s Bo going to do,  just throw jump balls all game?

Not that Chad Morris at a different school 8 years ago necessarily matters too much... here are all of Clemson's players who recorded 10 or more catches in 2012:

Deandre Hopkins, WR, 6'1 212
Sammy Watkins, WR, 6'1 211
Adam Humphries, WR, 5'11 190
Brandon Ford, TE, 6'5 300 (not sure if that 300 is correct...)
Charone Peake, WR, 6'3 215
Jaron Brown, WR, 6'3 205
Andre Ellington, RB, 5'9 201
Martavis Bryant, WR, 6'4 211
Sam Cooper, TE, 6'6 250

If I'm not mistaken, it didn't look too different in 2013. So it appears that Morris actually can (does?) flourish with mostly an array of prototype outside WRs. Javy Johnson will be a redshirt FR this year, so at least there's that for another couple years. 

Maybe he just doesn't see any of those small slot/speed sweep guys right now that he really loves, and he'd rather have big guys that he does love?

Are we still recruiting these guys. OL, Micah Morris in Kingsland, Georgia and DT,  Isaac Washington Pilot Mountain, North Carolina.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Are we still recruiting these guys. OL, Micah Morris

@auburn4ever Don't believe so

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Isaac Washington

Some but Marquis Robinson is higher on the staff's board & we may only take 1 more DT.

Also a4e you can ask questions in the 2021 Recruiting Thread & I will answer them. You don't have to start a new thread for every question.

At one time, I believe coach Garner was recruiting Isaac Washington from N.C. I don't recall who on our staff was recruiting Micah Morris from Georgia.

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Sorry.

Nothing to be sorry about. Just trying to help out.

Hoping LJ will soon commit to Auburn. IMO, we need 2 RB's in this class. Oh yeah, anything new on Kamari Lassiter and Jeremiah Williams?

11 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I don't recall who on our staff was recruiting Micah Morris from Georgia.

@auburn4ever It was originally JB Grimes for most of his recruitment but was Coach Bicknell at the end.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

anything new to on Kamari Lassiter and Jeremiah Williams?

Clemson offered Lassiter last week. It hasn't been reported yet if they will be a factor there. Other than that AU still feels like they are in a good spot for both.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

What about CB, Markevious Brown and LB, Smael Mondon?

@auburn4ever With Brown AU made his top 5. Miami is thought to be the favorite but they have 2 CBs committed & may want to see more from him before taking him. On Mondon it's still thought to be a Vols, AU,UGA battle with maybe the Vols leading.

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What do you know about OT, Mason Bundy of Ga. Is Auburn recruiting him?

From the post above yours it looks like we are recruiting him & I don't know any more than that.

At one time, we were recruiting TE, Gunnar Helm of Englewood, Colorado. Since we got King and now working hard to get Trigg, are we still after Helm?

24 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

At one time, we were recruiting TE, Gunnar Helm of Englewood, Colorado. Since we got King and now working hard to get Trigg, are we still after Helm?

@auburn4ever Not really.

Do you have any info on these players.

OG, Dietrick Pennington from Cordova, TN. & DE, Tobechi Okoli from Kansas City, MO.

9 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Harvey doesn't have Bama on his list, and LSU is probably not very high...

Hmmmm....

Recruits do stuff like this all the time. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Archived