2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Recruits do stuff like this all the time. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Bad-Boy-Calvin-Pissing-Vinyl-Decal-Stick

Thanks, E

tenor.gif

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, alexava said:

I missed any news about the new Australian punter. On this site anyway. It’s all over the net. 

@alexava there are 2 threads on him, 1 pinned here in the Recruiting forum & 1 in the football forum

On 7/22/2020 at 8:56 AM, ellitor said:

@alexava there are 2 threads on him, 1 pinned here in the Recruiting forum & 1 in the football forum

Duh!!!

Most recent Recruiting Chat Recap has been added to the Recruiting Chat thread. Yes 2 in 1 week.

36 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Interesting...

Not impressed with his film. Seems like the definition of size over skill.

Just now, bigbird said:

Interesting...

Is he best friends with the Kool Aide Man?

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Don't think that's an offer. Just looks like an Auburn edit.

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Interesting...

Totally agree no bend pad level is horrible punch is often late and feet are not that quick.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:
15 hours ago, bigbird said:

Interesting...

Totally agree no bend pad level is horrible punch is often late and feet are not that quick.

What he said

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I know y’all don’t like him but if he’s offered......

Well, I'll say this much: if he gets offered, I sure hope he takes it. I wasn't particularly impressed with him, but if he gets an offer, then the coaches think they can work with him. 

8 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Well, I'll say this much: if he gets offered, I sure hope he takes it. I wasn't particularly impressed with him, but if he gets an offer, then the coaches think they can work with him. 

I always feel bad for the ones that grow up an Auburn fan and don’t get an AU offer. But I get it’s a business. 

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I understand the complaints. He was playing at a heavy weight and now he’s lost weight. I want to see what he looks like now. I feel like there might be a little something there you can work with if he can play with better pad level

13 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I understand the complaints. He was playing at a heavy weight and now he’s lost weight. I want to see what he looks like now. I feel like there might be a little something there you can work with if he can play with better pad level

Oh, I think there's something there to work with, I just question whether it will be enough for the SEC. I suspect that part of why he doesn't have an offer now is because the coaches are hoping to see more from him, now that he's gotten his weight down.

Hopefully we'll get Mims and/or Byrd and it will be a moot point, but fortunately we already have some good OL in this class, so taking one project wouldn't do much to hurt that position's recruiting grade.

19 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I know y’all don’t like him but if he’s offered......

@Sizzle who said they don't like him? Some people connected to the program feels he has a higher upside than Orr, especially since he has lost 25 pounds.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Sizzle who said they don't like him? Some people connected to the program feels he has a higher upside than Orr, especially since he has lost 25 pounds.

Look at the posts on this page after I posted his highlights. 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Look at the posts on this page after I posted his highlights. 

I see bird, Texas and, LKEEL but they don’t represent our recruiting board Fanbase as a whole.

Going into this recruiting cycle we had some various obvious needs. O-Line especially at OT as we had so many poor years recruiting and had to rely on JC last year. D-line as we lost some key players last year,  DB's as again we lost some key pieces, need a QB every cycle, we needed at least 1 RB, 1 LB,  with new OC at least 1 TE and a WR.  

With the players we have so far in O-Line class I would give us a B+ or A- if we get somebody like Mims it becomes an A or A+ if we just add somebody like Orr or Pounds we are at least an A-.  We have two studs at DT and the young man from Kansas while only a 3*  I believe has the potential based on size, athleticism and mobility he just needs Coach G to work with him if we get Williams or Brooks this is at worse an A- class if we get both an A Class and if I am right about the potential of the young man from Kansas an A+ class. DB is up in the air at this time we need to close on a few so no way to rate them yet. RB assuming he is healthy we have added another very good to great RB to a loaded backfield, QB I think we have hit a home run at least as far as the college game goes.  We got a very good TE that fits with the Morris MO for TE's,  LB we need 1 and if we get Smael it will be a home run if we don't I have faith we will find a good LB. WR like DB time will tell. We also needed a punter for this year and the staff found a way to do it. 

We went into this recruiting year with our biggest needs as O-Line , D-Line and DB. While our total number of commits is only about 1/2 of what we will hope to sign as I keep hearing numbers like 21-23 this year I am not sure how accurate that is we have already almost met our needs in both O-Line and D-Line and with Coach G I know he will find a way to finish strong on D-Line and at the worst I think we add a Project Player to O-Line that might take a couple of years to help us. The real hole in the class right now is DB as we have one athlete who I think could be a great DB but might end up on O or both.   We have some DB's that we are close on but other teams are in same boat with them so this is the area I am worried about at this time even though it is early in the cycle. Give me Kool Aid, Green and Harvey and another player and we will be great there also. 

I don't know if this will be another top ten class but if we can get the DB's we want I will be ecstatic about this class whether we finish inside top ten or just outside as even the 3*'s who are committed so far I believe coaches have done a great job of evaluating them and will end up being better than their rating. What will make me happiest will be how we recruited against our needs.

16 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

as we have one athlete

@AuburnNTexas I had gotten to this point of your post thinking I wasn't going to have to make a correction but you left out safety Phillip O'Brien. lol

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

even though it is early in the cycle.

At this point with likely no visits allowed this season it's not early in the cycle any more.

Archived