2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

Offers | Class Calculator

2021 Commits
4* QB Dematrius Davis - 247| Rivals| Highlights
4* RB Armoni Goodwin - 247| Rivals| Highlights
4* ATH Tar’Varish Dawson - 247| Rivals| Highlights
4* OT Caleb Johnson - 247| Rivals| Highlights
4* OG Jaeden Roberts - 247| Rivals
4* DT Lee Hunter - 247| Rivals| Highlights
4* DT Marquis Robinson - 247| Rivals| Highlights
3* TE Landen King - 247| Rivals| Highlights
3* OT Garner Langlo - 247| Rivals| Highlights
3* SDE Tobechi Okoli - 247| Rivals| Highlights
3* Juco CB Kamal Hadden - 247| Rivals| Highlights
3* S Phillip O’Brien - 247| Rivals| Highlights
NR P Oscar Chapman

Offensive Targets
5* OT Amarius Mims - 247
4* RB LJ Johnson - 247
4* WR Shadrach Banks -247
4* OT Savion Byrd - 247
3* OT Jack Tucker - 247
3* Rat'von Crum - 247
3* Rod Orr - 247
4* OG Noah Josey - 247
3* ATH Roc Taylor - 247

Defensive Targets:
5* LB Smael Mondon- 247
5* Ga'Quincy McKinstry - 247
4* Buck Jeremiah Williams - 247
4* Buck Dylan Brooks - 247
4* DE Jonathan Jefferson - 247
4* LB Xavian Sorey - 247
4* LB Chase Smith - 247
4* LB Trenilyas Tatum - 247
4* CB Nyland Green - 247
4* CB Markevious Brown - 247
4* S Terrion Arnold - 247
4* S Ahmari Harvey - 247
3* Buck Jabril McNeill - 247
3* Juco DE Jimmori Robinson - 247
3* CB Kamari Lassiter - 247

Other Recruiting Notes

Class Ranks
Composite
247 only
ESPN (Will add 2021 team rankings link when ESPN posts it.)
Rivals

Recruiting Calendar
Recruiting Calendars FAQ

What is a contact?
A contact occurs any time a college coach says more than hello during a face-to-face contact with a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents off the college’s campus.

What is a contact period?
During a contact period a college coach may have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, watch student-athletes compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents.

What is an evaluation period?
During an evaluation period a college coach may watch college-bound student-athletes compete, visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents. However, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents off the college’s campus during an evaluation period.

What is a quiet period?
During a quiet period, a college coach may only have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents on the college’s campus. A coach may not watch student-athletes compete (unless a competition occurs on the college’s campus) or visit their high schools. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time.

What is a dead period?
During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Aaron already committed is there a chance we take 2 QBs? I’d assume staff might be taking some precautions if Joey transfers?

38 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

With Aaron already committed is there a chance we take 2 QBs?

Yes. The staff had always planned to take two QBs either in the 2020 or 2021 class. Not precautionary.

I just noticed T Keyes is from Taylorsville MS.  

Hmmm, wonder if he could become "Jason 2.0".    Nah....those are long odds.  

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Offers | Class Calculator

Recruiters: P = Primary, S = Secondary

2021 Commits
4* QB Aaron McLaughlin- HighlightsP Travis Williams S Kenny Dillingham
4* RB Armoni Goodwin- HighlightsP Rodney Garner S Cadillac Williams
4* DB Brandon Perry- Highlights:

Early Names To Know

5* QB Jake Garcia - Visited AU in the summer & plans to return for the Iron Bowl
200 QB Ty Keyes - A top Dual QB target. AU very high on his list.

4* RB Cody Brown - A top RB target
4* RB Lovasea Carroll - Committed to South Carolina, but has visited AU & likely will return
4* RB Phil Mafah - A top RB target. Committed to Clemson

4* WR Dacari Collins - A top WR target. Visited in the summer.
4* WR Julian Nixon - A top WR target who visited twice in the summer. Seems really high on AU

5* OT Savion Byrd- Plans to attend AU/Oregon game & OV AU
4* OT Terrence Ferguson - A top OT target. Visited many times & is very close with former players Jeffrey Whitaker & Monty Adams.

5* DT Lee Hunter - AU leads
4* DT Leonard Taylor - A top DT target who visited in the summer.

5* Buck Dylan Brooks - AU very high on his list. Related to Jeris McIntyre
4* Buck Jeremiah Williams - A top in-state target at LB

4* LB Barrett Carter - A top LB target for Auburn. Georgia-Auburn battle at this time.

5* CB Ga’Quincy McKinstry - AU very high on his list

Other Recruiting Notes

Class Ranks
Composite
247 only
ESPN (Will add 2021 team rankings link when ESPN posts it.)
Rivals

Recruiting Calendar
Recruiting Calendars FAQ

Different color shirting explained

Great detailed post E. thanks...

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Not doubting Garner but we need him to step up 

He's been stepped up. He's helped us land some of the cats in the 2020 class.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's been stepped up. He's helped us land some of the cats in the 2020 class.

I mean for the position he coaches. I know he’s helped seal the deal for other positions 

Hey @ellitor, do we have any recruits at the game besides the 5* Texas kid? I read an article saying Chris Thompson will be there too.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Hey @ellitor, do we have any recruits at the game besides the 5* Texas kid?

Yes but the article is VIP and the list wasn’t handed out by AU to AU reporters so I can’t post them. Most are 2021 recruits.

6 hours ago, AU82 said:

Has anyone listed the recruits at the Oregon game?

A team can't invite prospects to a neutral site game. Some prospects were probably there but they had to come on their own dime and not as guests of Auburn. Thus, there won't be a list. Maybe someone at the game saw a guy and will post that info, or a prospect tweeted something , but there won't be any official list.

I saw before the game to get Chris Thompson Jr would be there. Found this retweet.

Screenshot_20190902-053544~2.png

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

A team can't invite prospects to a neutral site game. Some prospects were probably there but they had to come on their own dime and not as guests of Auburn. Thus, there won't be a list. Maybe someone at the game saw a guy and will post that info, or a prospect tweeted something , but there won't be any official list.

I had read where there was a rule change where teams could invite to a neutral site   They could provide a ticket but not anything else. Before that article I also thought they couldn’t invite. 

57 minutes ago, AU82 said:

I had read where there was a rule change where teams could invite to a neutral site   They could provide a ticket but not anything else. Before that article I also thought they couldn’t invite. 

You may be ahead of me on this. My info isn't all that current and there could very well have been changes.

Yep. You can invite them and provide tickets. Coaches cannot interact with them or invite them to the locker room (like you would at a home game). 

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

Yep. You can invite them and provide tickets. Coaches cannot interact with them or invite them to the locker room (like you would at a home game). 

Would that count as one of their official visits?  Would seem like a waste if it did.

No. Its an unofficial. You can provide tickets to kids who pay their own way to get to campus. Same deal for neutral games now, just without the postgame contact. 

7 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Lots of drama happening in Knoxville right now, and most likely will escalate during the week and down the road. I was wondering if UT has any potentials that we would be interested in?....Its about to get ugly there with the next loss

Which could be this weekend.  BYU was holding their own early against Utah. I realize that was a rival game but still looked better than their week 1 opponent. 

20 hours ago, AU82 said:

Has anyone listed the recruits at the Oregon game?

@AU82 was addressed below in the 2021 Recruiting thread to which your thread has been merged with.

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Jason Caldwell worked up a list. Recruits can be invited by the designated home team at neutral site games & get tickets for free from that team but can't have any contact with either staff.

6 hours ago, AU82 said:

Not a rule change. Teams have been doing it for a while.

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Would that count as one of their official visits?  Would seem like a waste if it did.

Nope. The only thing provided to them is tickets. On OVs all expenses & benefits are provided by the school. Also most of the kids who took AU up on the free tickets were 2021 recruits & they can't have OVs yet.

Archived