Hurricane Dorian

SaltyTiger

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We feel like it'll probably skirt by us, in Sarasota, but wifey & I just got home from stocking up.

In Georgia it was always bread & milk for ice storms.  Here it's bread & peanut butter (+ CASES of water).

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Thanks Salty still trying to figure where its going to hit. Its a frickin slow moving one. 

Me too. Right now I'm out of harm's way but that could change in a few days. 

Oh, also, you can probably merge this with the Nip thread since, y'know.... hurricanes are how we Floridians know football is here!

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Thanks Salty still trying to figure where its going to hit. Its a frickin slow moving one. 

Well the ex Prime Minister of Canada is praying for a direct hit on Mar-a- Largo. Pretty sure those types of prayers aren't answered but just wanted you to know who your friends are up north there in case anyone lives in the vacinity. 

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

My last update was Palm Beach but it keeps changing as you well know. Keep us updated. Are you there now?

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Well the ex Prime Minister of Canada is praying for a direct hit on Mar-a- Largo. Pretty sure those types of prayers aren't answered but just wanted you to know who your friends are up north there in case anyone lives in the vacinity. 

There are memes going around showing the coordinates of Mar-a-Lago being sent to Dorian...lol. And another one asking for volunteers to go paint a big target on the lawn....🤣

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Yeah, crap like that is why I stay outta the Politics Forum.

Wow, I mean just......WOW!

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Wish @augolf1716 and any of you others in probable path the best. Almost a year after Micheal PC and Mexico Beach area continue to be a mess. Advice to anyone near predicted landfall area is get out if possible.

I am on I 10 heading to Dothan, getting out early. Stay safe eveyone.

2 minutes ago, grandpajay said:

I am on I 10 heading to Dothan, getting out early. Stay safe eveyone.

Safe travels to you. 

Rumor here is that the NWS is going to change the name from Dorian to Hurricane Spaghetti...

FloridaSpaghetti_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

My last update was Palm Beach but it keeps changing as you well know. Keep us updated. Are you there now?

Yep Winter Park

18 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Lets keep politics out of it.  Thanks

19 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Oh, also, you can probably merge this with the Nip thread since, y'know.... hurricanes are how we Floridians know football is here!

Well it will be move shortly but its OK for a short while

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Well it will be move shortly but its OK for a short while

Better do it quick.... They've already moved the FSU vs Boise St game from Jacksonville to Tallahassee. :whistle:

Interesting thing about that FSU/Boise game move.  Everyone who bought tickets to the game in JAX will be reimbursed fully.  FSU began selling new tickets yesterday to the game at Doak Campbell...get this...for $10 general admission to all seats.

37 minutes ago, gr82be said:

She was a dumpster fire in her 5 month stint at Prime Minister and does NOT speak for all Canadians, including moi. If she had a brain she'd realize thousands of Canadian expatriots are in Dorians path.

Anyway back to football, FSU v Boise getting moved earlier makes sense but moving it from boarderline storm path Jville to here in boarderline storm path Tallahassee is bizarre IMO.

6 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

She was a dumpster fire in her 5 month stint at Prime Minister and does NOT speak for all Canadians, including moi. If she had a brain she'd realize thousands of Canadian expatriots are in Dorians path.

Anyway back to football, FSU v Boise getting moved earlier makes sense but moving it from boarderline storm path Jville to here in boarderline storm path Tallahassee is bizarre IMO.

Part 1: Yes, we have MANY Canadians who live down here.

Part 2: Since there's no danger tomorrow, I think they're just trying to free up the resources in J'ville.  Law Enforcement & Emergency Services on the Atlantic Coast would rather prepare for the storm than worry about a game.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

We feel like it'll probably skirt by us, in Sarasota, but wifey & I just got home from stocking up.

In Georgia it was always bread & milk for ice storms.  Here it's bread & peanut butter (+ CASES of water).

What is it with these people and highly perishable dairy?!?!?! Peanut butter sandwich makes a hell of a lot more sense than got danged French toast.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What is it with these people and highly perishable dairy?!?!?! Peanut butter sandwich makes a hell of a lot more sense than got danged French toast.

I understood the milk in ice storms cuz you can always just put it outside to keep it cold.

HERE, however.... I was shocked to see a run on milk too but I guess a lot of families have generators, maybe.

Also, canned soup as we can heat it on our gas grill 😁

31 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

70616923-2391-4284-8F2B-3033F531A04B.jpeg

Weather person here was showing where potential flooding would occur and literally circled the whole state. ...Duh!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Not going to worry about it up here in Bradenton...I think what we are getting right now would be worse that what that will bring...Wind is really high in today's storm.  We have lived through all of them since 2003 and haven't had much of a problem.    We will buy food on our normal schedule.  The worst part is if I have to go into work to secure our building before the storm.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

70616923-2391-4284-8F2B-3033F531A04B.jpeg

Had to cut two down from my yard post the last hurricane as the wind and rain got them leaning and they were unsafe staying upright.  I was fortunate.  We were sitting on our lanai trying to determine which of our neighbors trees were going first and our neighbors were sitting out looking at the big ole tree from our front yard wondering when it was going to hit out house.  lucky for us it didn't fall but others weren't so lucky.

Archived