Hurricane Dorian

SaltyTiger

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:28 PM, AuburnEagle79 said:

Woke up this morning in Charleston thinking, "glad I don't have to go buy hurricane supplies for this one."

Was at food lion an hour later buying hurricane supplies. Stay safe and War Eagle! 

Stay safe, man. I'm in Summerville... that thing is around the corner.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Today has been a wet one in Charleston and the storm is t even really here yet. Expecting some decent flooding downtown but hopefully won't be as bad in suburbia. 

Stay safe!

Maybe I got lucky. But while directly under the yellow/orange, green of the hurricane on radar we barely had wind or rain. I'm 4 miles from the coast in Melbourne. Best of luck to you guys though. 

This was posted by someone on our Nextdoor forum site. Sharing for laughs. 😂😂😂

This is the worst hurricane ever! We’ve been waiting for it to arrive for like a month now! First, we were told its nothing to worry about, then they said pay attention as it could be something. Then we were told it’s coming, not coming, could be coming, probably coming, definitely coming, not coming, small chance it’s coming, it shifted, shifted back, shifted again, it’s totally coming, not coming....and then they said we just don’t know. 🤷 We were told to evacuate, don’t evacuate. Your gonna flood, might get some rain, might not get any rain, you might get nothing. We just don’t know. 🤷 It’s a tropical storm, cat 1, cat 2, cat 3, cat 4, cat 5 and now it’s a turbo cat 5 and the biggest storm ever. You’re in the cone but don’t worry, you’re out of cone but still worry, we moved the cone, if your in the cone you could be out of the cone, if your out of the cone you could be in the cone. We just don’t know. 🤷 It’ll strike South Florida, Central Florida, Gulf Coast, North Coast, West Coast, South cCoast, North Florida, South Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina...it might eventually destroy icebergs in Greenland and kill 4-leaf clovers in Ireland. We just don’t know 🤷 You might just get a breeze or it might blow your house off it’s foundation. It might not, but could, maybe, probably, small chance, big chance, little chance. We just don’t know. 🤷 We’ll know more on Friday, definitely know more on Saturday, for sure on Sunday, by Monday we will totally know, maybe Tuesday but definitely have answers on Wednesday. We don’t know when we will know. 🤷 I’m over it... I’ve eaten enough hurricane snacks and gained so much weight that I might just end up strapping my house to myself to secure it and wait for Dorian.

1 hour ago, AUBourne said:

This was posted by someone on our Nextdoor forum site. Sharing for laughs. 😂😂😂

This is the worst hurricane ever! We’ve been waiting for it to arrive for like a month now! First, we were told its nothing to worry about, then they said pay attention as it could be something. Then we were told it’s coming, not coming, could be coming, probably coming, definitely coming, not coming, small chance it’s coming, it shifted, shifted back, shifted again, it’s totally coming, not coming....and then they said we just don’t know. 🤷 We were told to evacuate, don’t evacuate. Your gonna flood, might get some rain, might not get any rain, you might get nothing. We just don’t know. 🤷 It’s a tropical storm, cat 1, cat 2, cat 3, cat 4, cat 5 and now it’s a turbo cat 5 and the biggest storm ever. You’re in the cone but don’t worry, you’re out of cone but still worry, we moved the cone, if your in the cone you could be out of the cone, if your out of the cone you could be in the cone. We just don’t know. 🤷 It’ll strike South Florida, Central Florida, Gulf Coast, North Coast, West Coast, South cCoast, North Florida, South Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina...it might eventually destroy icebergs in Greenland and kill 4-leaf clovers in Ireland. We just don’t know 🤷 You might just get a breeze or it might blow your house off it’s foundation. It might not, but could, maybe, probably, small chance, big chance, little chance. We just don’t know. 🤷 We’ll know more on Friday, definitely know more on Saturday, for sure on Sunday, by Monday we will totally know, maybe Tuesday but definitely have answers on Wednesday. We don’t know when we will know. 🤷 I’m over it... I’ve eaten enough hurricane snacks and gained so much weight that I might just end up strapping my house to myself to secure it and wait for Dorian.

Truth!  Dorian has been a strange one and not even close to being done.  Good luck to all on the east coast or...

On 9/4/2019 at 8:31 PM, around4ever said:

Truth!  Dorian has been a strange one and not even close to being done.  Good luck to all on the east coast or...

Sold my little condo at Litchfield Beach, SC in May.....😁

On 9/4/2019 at 9:51 AM, McLoofus said:

How we doing fam?

We evacuated to Rock Hill SC. Long story. Now just watching and waiting and back to hoping for an eastward turn or at least not a westward one. Very much inside the cone. Hilton Head will have flooding and at least some power outage. Those are a given. Tides were already high this week and we might get a really unfortunate combo meal with tonight's high tide coinciding with torrential rains and storm surge. Just hoping for flooding of the variety that blocks roads and not the kind that ruins buildings. Trying not to think about wind damage. 

Glad we aren't in northern Bahamas :(:(:( but could be dealing with some inconveniences.

Glad y’all got out of there. No sense in sitting around. 

Checking in from Summerville, SC, just outside Charleston. Very glad to say my family and most we know are in good shape. Some are without power, and I don't have internet back so I don't know about downtown flooding. All in all, very blessed today.

Me and my wife went over for a week in Myrtle Beach early summer. Quite a few  places were closed from the hurricane last year. Actually we were supposed to go the week of the hurricane last year but we canceled when we saw it was going that way. Wish them well over there. Weather both rain and snow has been bad in N.C. the last year. Anyone still in the path be safe. WAR Eagle.

On 9/4/2019 at 9:51 AM, McLoofus said:

How we doing fam?

We evacuated to Rock Hill SC. Long story. Now just watching and waiting and back to hoping for an eastward turn or at least not a westward one. Very much inside the cone. Hilton Head will have flooding and at least some power outage. Those are a given. Tides were already high this week and we might get a really unfortunate combo meal with tonight's high tide coinciding with torrential rains and storm surge. Just hoping for flooding of the variety that blocks roads and not the kind that ruins buildings. Trying not to think about wind damage. 

Glad we aren't in northern Bahamas :(:(:( but could be dealing with some inconveniences.

How are y'all doing, Loof?  Any word from home?  

8 hours ago, around4ever said:

How are y'all doing, Loof?  Any word from home?  

Nobody understands why but the island was pretty much spared. A lot of wind, a few trees down, a giant limb across our driveway, some without power, everything else pretty much okay. No flooding or storm surge. Just way way less rain than was anticipated, even up to the last minute. Ended up coming home yesterday and my awesome neighbor had already cleared our driveway for us. He really likes my wife and kids, he tolerates me lol.

Really appreciate you checking in. I hope our fellow Tigers further up the coast keep bringing reports of safety and minimal damage.

Thank goodness for the evening kick-off tomorrow because I've got a yard to clean up. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nobody understands why but the island was pretty much spared. A lot of wind, a few trees down, a giant limb across our driveway, some without power, everything else pretty much okay. No flooding or storm surge. Just way way less rain than was anticipated, even up to the last minute. Ended up coming home yesterday and my awesome neighbor had already cleared our driveway for us. He really likes my wife and kids, he tolerates me lol.

Really appreciate you checking in. I hope our fellow Tigers further up the coast keep bringing reports of safety and minimal damage.

Thank goodness for the evening kick-off tomorrow because I've got a yard to clean up. 

l0HlFZfztLH0oGtgY.gif

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

...I feel ya' brother!  Lot of that going on LOL...

Glad y'all are safe Loof.

God bless & War Eagle!

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So glad to year ya'll made it unscathed! 

Image result for texas chainsaw massacre gif

I've been working on my chainsaw skills, just in case. 

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Do you need me to tell Mrs. Refuge that we have a bunch of trees on our house? And that we don't live that close to the beach? Because I can do that. 

On September 6, 2019 at 9:28 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

My wife, back in her ER days, never minded the storm as much as the cleanup afterwards. Apparently stitching chainsaw wounds takes a special kind of artistry, applying intricate case-by-case geometry.

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

My wife, back in her ER days, never minded the storm as much as the cleanup afterwards. Apparently stitching chainsaw wounds takes a special kind of artistry, applying intricate case-by-case geometry.

Yep. Chainsaws essentially chip, they don’t “cut” as it were. I can’t imagine having to deal with or fix that kind of injury.

2 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Good to hear from you, friend.

Archived