California Courts Have Gone Nuts

Tiger Sue

So how about a little justice for the family of the victim?  I guess it is easy to be philosophical when it is not your daughter...

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So how about a little justice for the family of the victim?  I guess it is easy to be philosophical when it is not your daughter..

Appeals to emotion aside...

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Great movie -- one of my all-time favorites.  Upholding the law, sure.  That, however, is the main issue with the perp in the Kate Steinlie case.  He is a 5 time deportee and that's not a typo.  Five.  Times.  He should NEVER have been in position to cause of Kate's death. 

1 minute ago, AUloggerhead said:

Great movie -- one of my all-time favorites.  Upholding the law, sure.  That, however, is the main issue with the perp in the Kate Steinlie case.  He is a 5 time deportee and that's not a typo.  Five.  Times.  He should NEVER have been in position to cause of Kate's death. 

Be that as it may, that doesn't mean the result of the appeal is wrong. The court's conclusion is a fair one. There was a procedural **** up. Try him again and see if you can get a jury to convict on that charge, but don't rage about it just because you want to see him drawn and quartered without a fair trial. That would be a tremendous miscarriage of justice.

People like the OP and 64 want a pound of flesh. I can sympathize with that. I can not, however, see the good in bending the law to get it.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:10 PM, AUDub said:

Be that as it may, that doesn't mean the result of the appeal is wrong. The court's conclusion is a fair one. There was a procedural **** up. Try him again and see if you can get a jury to convict on that charge, but don't rage about it just because you want to see him drawn and quartered without a fair trial. That would be a tremendous miscarriage of justice.

People like the OP and 64 want a pound of flesh. I can sympathize with that. I can not, however, see the good in bending the law to get it.

Happens so much more than people know. The reporting on this has been patently outrageous and misleading. 

On 8/31/2019 at 4:47 PM, AUDub said:

Do you apply this to everyone? Even DJT?

As much as i dislike the bastiche, he still gets his day in court. Hurling slime, bile, venom, etc cant take away his right to be judged fairly like all men should. I am afraid that some of my Lefty Brethren have totally forgotten that in their zeal to get rid of DJT. You cant smear him out of existence. You have been screaming like banshees for 3 years now and it has not accomplished a damn thing but make him look sympathetic. Beat his ass on the issues. Win at the ballot box. Screaming is not helping at all.

14 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Do you apply this to everyone? Even DJT?

Like Sir Thomas More above, I would give the devil himself benefit of law.

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

Like Sir Thomas More above, I would give the devil himself benefit of law.

Thank you for posting that video. I have tried for 3 years or more to demonstrate my own POV on DJT. I dislike him on so many levels, BUT, he has to be treated fair. A few Lefties have gone over the top with the simpleton "My side good, your side evil" concept. I dont like trump for 100 reasons. His carnie barker style, his "phony as hell" reality tv schtick, his just complete lack of intellectual curiosity on so many issues, his bloviating on foreign affairs, etc. But he still is a human and gets his day in court. 

The collusion crapola was just that, crapola. Anyone really listening knew that shortly after Mueller convened his investigation. Even hi-level Dems were openly saying it. But now we have 2 years of screaming from the media and from the Left that basically makes this bastiche look sympathetic because at the end of the day the FBI basically found nothing. We have now had 3 years of Russians! Russians! Russians! , Collusion! Collusion! Collusion! , Impeach! Impeach! Impeach!, Racist! Racist! Racist! There were 540K articles bashing Trump on Collusion alone. Do you not see that as the overkill it was? By now the American Voter is 100 miles past tired of hearing it. We blew it by over-playing our hand by that same 100 Miles. Beat his ass on the issues. Beat him at the ballot box. Make peace with Blue Collar America...AND THE NIGHTMARE ENDS. 

What you did with the video was sum up what I have been trying to say for 2 years or more. Quit trying to bring him down from outside. The people that didnt vote for HRC include Obama Voters. They are not all evil. People that disagree with us are not all evil. Some might actually be evil, but not ALL. There may be racists in MAGA hats, not all of them are tho. We have to win AND turn the poison off. We have to win and bring the nation back together. Poisoning everyone against each other is not going to do that.

What happens if the Dems win in 2020 and the first thing you hear is "Not my President!" "Resist!" etc. Where the Republican Party goes scorched earth like the Dems have done since 2016? We get nothing done, nothing improves, nothing happens. Do you really want that? Of course not. Quit making the campaign personal and Win on the Issues! I promise, Win on the Issues and the whole country will be ready to move forward. Screaming and demonizing Everyone is just a loser method. You are just setting yourself up for failure down the road. People that disagree with us ARE NOT ALL EVIL.

Trump has not been treated unfairly.  To the contrary, he has avoided any accountability because of the Republican senate who refused to even consider sanctioning his transgressions.

Trump has broken the law his entire life and gotten away with it.  As long as Mitch McConnel and the Republicans control the Senate, that will continue. Although I have total contempt for him, I don't "blame" Trump, he is what he's always been - a crook and a shyster. 

It's the Republicans who are responsible here.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Trump has not been treated unfairly.  To the contrary, he has avoided any accountability because of the Republican senate who refused to even consider sanctioning his transgressions.

Trump has broken the law his entire life and gotten away with it.  As long as Mitch McConnel and the Republicans control the Senate, that will continue. Although I have total contempt for him, I don't "blame" Trump, he is what he's always been - a crook and a shyster. 

It's the Republicans who are responsible here.

One thing for sure.....Trump occupies your head.

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

What happens if the Dems win in 2020 and the first thing you hear is "Not my President!" "Resist!" etc. Where the Republican Party goes scorched earth like the Dems have done since 2016? We get nothing done, nothing improves, nothing happens. Do you really want that? Of course not. Quit making the campaign personal and Win on the Issues! I promise, Win on the Issues and the whole country will be ready to move forward. Screaming and demonizing Everyone is just a loser method. You are just setting yourself up for failure down the road. People that disagree with us ARE NOT ALL EVIL.

So true. The current division in our country is caused by Republicans, Democrats and the media. All share responsibility but some folks can't accept that.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Better than being a completely mindless myrmidon. :-\

You really shouldn't be posting while looking in the mirror. But you are a great mudslinger with personal insults.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And the wit just keeps coming!  :lmao:

But thanks for proving my point.

You might consider doing something productive like I'm about to do. See ya later.

Archived