Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This games a lot closer than it should be.  We’re in good shape coming out of half time.  Let’s adjust and win this.  

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’ll wait till somebody else says it but I’m pretty sure two guys were supposed to get snaps tonight 

I hope Joey G gets some snaps tonight. So you will realize IT AINT THE PLAYERS. Everyone KNOWS Gus chicken ish passing "scheme" if you can even call it that and everyone will know what he does when he calls plays for a QB who is a better runner. This is not on the players at all. Gus is Broke man. He was broken at the TAMU game in 2014. Has not been the same since besides 2 games in 2017.

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Here we go with Gus' worst weakness. He is getting schooled by the Oregon d Coordinater. If he follows suit and does not make adjustments at halftime, this could get ugly.

No you did not just say that..............

Run some ******* slants and we murder them. Bo needs quick routes that don’t require him to roll out.

12 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Going to be a long season. 8-5 maybe 7-6.

Sticking with 6-6.

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

now, who thinks malzahn is a great playcaller?

We are at zero, and holding!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

O he is doing a lot of running. Running for his life. SAME OL ISH as last season. OUR OL will be our main downfall.

We knew this would be the case coming in though. Why:

1. Not do any practice with live hitting to show that

2. Start the game out with the less mobile guy? I think by drive 3 or 4, you should sprinkle in some Joey just to give them a different look, at least. It’s evident they’re comfortable coming down hill full speed and that’s not gonna change

Just now, auskip07 said:

not sure but i know they arnt out jumping their 5'6" cover db's 

Well Stidham is lighting it up with better OL and WR play on the Patriots so yeah I don’t think we teach good route running at all.  Because I don’t think Gus wants to throw, he wants to run. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

We can do everything but throw a freaking jump ball for our wr....

True but for some reason our WRs don't seem to give the effort on those high passes ...some modest efforts from our guys.... 

Just now, tigerchris said:

This games a lot closer than it should be.  We’re in good shape coming out of half time.  Let’s adjust and win this.  

Exactly, a lot closer than it should be. The way we have played it should be a blowout, defense has started to settle in. Offense has to put points on the board 

1 minute ago, jw 4 au said:

We don’t look prepared. Hopefully we have a HUGE halftime adjustment and get the ship righted. 

Could you email or text Gus and tell him what an adjustment is? Steele has already made his adjustments. Does Gus swallow his pride and ditch plan A, which is obviously not working?

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Bo actually has legs and that’s what is saving us right now 

If Stidham was out there he would of been sacked probaly about 5 or 6 times by now. I am just saying he still is a pass first guy.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We can do everything but throw a freaking jump ball for our wr....

What do u mean?   On that one our WR needs to make an effort 

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Here we go with Gus' worst weakness. He is getting schooled by the Oregon d Coordinater. If he follows suit and does not make adjustments at halftime, this could get ugly.

Make adjustments?   Has he ever done this?

I love Daniel Carlson but it’s time we start recruiting hard for a new kicker. Anders isn’t put in the best spots but we had to have that field goal there. Would have put us only down by 5. Now it’s still a 8 point game.

Just now, Zeek said:

Run some ******* slants and we murder them. Bo needs quick routes that don’t require him to roll out.

I’ve said this.  You call easy completions for Bo in his first game.  Gus basically has thrown him to the wolves tonight and I put 100% of this horrible game plan on Gus. 

Archived