Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We have to quit scheduling these games first thing. Look at LSU murdering GASO. That’s the kind of team that would have been a perfect tune up. 

Generally speaking yes, but ask a Tenn Vol fan how their feeling about right now. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We knew this would be the case coming in though. Why:

1. Not do any practice with live hitting to show that

2. Start the game out with the less mobile guy? I think by drive 3 or 4, you should sprinkle in some Joey just to give them a different look, at least. It’s evident they’re comfortable coming down hill full speed and that’s not gonna change

Definitely should’ve put Gatewood in on the one yard line!

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Exactly, a lot closer than it should be. The way we have played it should be a blowout, defense has started to settle in. Offense has to put points on the board 

Gotta be thankful we are still in this game, that is for sure.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus is Broke man. He was broken at the TAMU game in 2014. Has not been the same since besides 2 games in 2017.

I've been saying this. But no one listens

1 minute ago, Tigger1985 said:

Hasting got mugged on that last pass and no call. The interception, DB had a hold of our guy, no call

He did but the pass was out of bounds. It would have been uncatchable

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

If Stidham was out there he would of been sacked probaly about 5 or 6 times by now. I am just saying he still is a pass first guy.

Only 5 or 6? I would put it way higher. 

That was extremely ugly and disappointing. Maybe I’m just a Bo lover but I actually like what I see. He could not have been put in a worse position. Horrible O-line play, horrible defensive play, horrible play calling, no run game. He’s made some bad throws but what else is he supposed to do? 

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I’ve said this.  You call easy completions for  Bo in his first game.  Gus basically has thrown him to the wolves tonight and I put 100% of this horrible game plan on Gus. 

Gus is an offensive genius that has developed some of the best QB's.  Cam, Nick, Stidham!  Bo is just having "mental issues"!

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Run some ******* slants and we murder them. Bo needs quick routes that don’t require him to roll out.

SLANTS?! Never heard of her! What is that?! lol. The tunnel screen worked in 2013 1 time vs TAMU with Coates housing it and he has tried to re create that magic ever since to noooo success hahaha.

3 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

This was not a good school choice for Bo. I'm just going to be candid. 

This is partially why Auburn doesn't get top tier QB talent. Its not placed in an environment where it can grow. The play-calling is nothing that you want for a freshman QB. No tempo passing, no sort of easy reads, the run game isn't helpful, and his receiving personnel doesn't allow him much margin for error. You really hate to see it. 

I know everyone is enthusiastic about Bo and he has a lot of talent + would be a good father-son story, but at the same time, this isn't the best thing for him. Developmentally this game is going to lead to some bad habits, (See Sean and Stidham's weird fall-away motion post throw.) his confidence is going to take some significant hits, and his mental clock is going to be abnormally short. 

Sad truth sir. I hate to admit it, but if Bo was my son there is no way I would have let him play for Malzahn. Sorry, just the truth.

Lucky we aren’t getting blown out.  Horrible Oline play just like last year and who is supposed to be picking up the blitz?  Hopefully they get it together in the second half and pull it out.  Gus needs to quit being cute, line up and run the dang ball!  

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I love Daniel Carlson but it’s time we start recruiting hard for a new kicker. Anders isn’t put in the best spots but we had to have that field goal there. Would have put us only down by 5. Now it’s still a 8 point game.

He ain’t Daniel but he’s pretty good. We are spoiled at auburn because we’ve had such great kickers in the past. IMO 

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Definitely should’ve put Gatewood in on the one yard line!

Doesnt everyone complain about telegraphing what we are doing with certain players? 

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Make adjustments?   Has he ever done this?

No, that's the point.

Auburn lucky to be in this game

says the announcers 

Wow. How are we not prepared.

yet only down 14-6. That’s crazy.

I will own up to my mistake. I really thought Gus was moving in the right direction all thru the off season. I was wrong as soon as it became a real game he reverts back to his mentally incapable self. 

When Bo had time, he threw beautiful passes mostly.  Just tired of all the issues we have seen are still there this year. Don't want another full year of this.  Not giving up because we are talented enough, but gee whiz help Bo out!

3 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I’ve said this.  You call easy completions for Bo in his first game.  Gus basically has thrown him to the wolves tonight and I put 100% of this horrible game plan on Gus. 

All he’s gotten to do is throw long bombs and drag routes with 5 defenders in his way.

Archived