Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

That was extremely ugly and disappointing. Maybe I’m just a Bo lover but I actually like what I see. He could not have been put in a worse position. Horrible O-line play, horrible defensive play, horrible play calling, no run game. He’s made some bad throws but what else is he supposed to do? 

None of this is on Bo except that second interception to Sal.  He’s looked poised.  This is bad coaching on every level.  

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Definitely should’ve put Gatewood in on the one yard line!

Thought we would see him in that position. The first and goal play call, I'm not a fan of. Hate those little laterals/tosses where the runner is two feet from the QB. Just think that's a play where lots of things can go wrong. Would have preferred Boobie up the gut or Joey in there for a different look. 

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Run some ******* slants and we murder them. Bo needs quick routes that don’t require him to roll out.

CDGD doesnt trust his OL to be able to give Nix time. He has given up on the OL. 

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

He ain’t Daniel but he’s pretty good. We are spoiled at auburn because we’ve had such great kickers in the past. IMO 

We need a kicker better than “pretty good”.

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

That was extremely ugly and disappointing. Maybe I’m just a Bo lover but I actually like what I see. He could not have been put in a worse position. Horrible O-line play, horrible defensive play, horrible play calling, no run game. He’s made some bad throws but what else is he supposed to do? 

You have no  clue what you are even talking about!  The oline is a strength this season! Gus is back in his comfort zone calling plays.  He is the new Gus!  Bo isn't buying in. It's not  Gus!

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I will own up to my mistake. I really thought Gus was moving in the right direction all thru the off season. I was wrong as soon as it became a real game he reverts back to his mentally incapable self. 

Stockholm syndrome always seems to run rampant around here every off season lol. He can flap them gum all he wants until I see commitment to a intermediate passing offense all of what he says MEANS NOTHING. Nothing has changed.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

All he’s gotten to do is throw long bombs and drag routes with 5 defenders in his way.

He’s being asked to throw Hail Marys with no offensive line it’s horrible. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True but for some reason our WRs don't seem to give the effort on those high passes ...some modest efforts from our guys.... 

I'm watching every play of the game and I haven't seen one lob they could fight for

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

SLANTS?! Never heard of her! What is that?! lol. The tunnel screen worked in 2013 1 time vs TAMU with Coates housing it and he has tried to re create that magic ever since to noooo success hahaha.

Yep. I noticed that too. I say the same thing almost every time we try it.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hope Joey G gets some snaps tonight. So you will realize IT AINT THE PLAYERS. Everyone KNOWS Gus chicken ish passing "scheme" if you can even call it that and everyone will know what he does when he calls plays for a QB who is a better runner. This is not on the players at all. Gus is Broke man. He was broken at the TAMU game in 2014. Has not been the same since besides 2 games in 2017.

I think the national championship game we should have won 2013 eats at him. 

Maybe I am in the minority but I think we are in decent shape to pull out a win. Maybe not a pretty win but a win no less. I think Steele has adjusted to the duck offense. It is past time for Gus to get our offense in the right plays to score some TD's. 

My take for what it is worth.

Oregon is a top ten team.

Oregon  jumped on AU.

Bo looks like an inexperienced QB. He is scrambling to early sometimes.

They did not need to play behind the eight ball with a young QB. 

They needed a warm up game.

However, they definitely show flashes of being a very good team.

WR have to help Bo out!

LSU, Bama, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Florida with their DL feel like losses at this point 

Last year I complained about the OL and was told JB hadn't been there long enough. So, what now?

Well, no matter were just down 1 TD.

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I've been saying this. But no one listens

We've all been saying this minus a couple of posters,  but we don't have any choice but to hope something will change. Judging by this game,  something will surely change at seasons end.

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

None of this is on Bo except that second interception to Sal.  He’s looked poised.  This is bad coaching on every level.  

I agree 10000000%. You’ve got an OLine that couldnt block a pop warner DLine and you throw your TF QB to the wolves and force his to throw bombs over and over. Makes 0 sense. 

Archived