Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I love Daniel Carlson but it’s time we start recruiting hard for a new kicker. Anders isn’t put in the best spots but we had to have that field goal there. Would have put us only down by 5. Now it’s still a 8 point game.

Cant blame the deficit on Carlson. Offense started at the 2 and crapped the bed, plus piss poor blocking and linemen looking lost when their man stunts is a big issue. Heres to hoping Grimes noticed it too

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

I am not a football guru, but I question Gus' football IQ.

I question his normal IQ

Plenty of blame to go around.

*Our secondary looked awful in the 1st quarter.

*Our special teams coverage is terrible. 

*They are blitzing a true Freshman QB, no surprise there but you have to counter it.

* When Nix got time he still made some bad throws. An underthrow to Sal for an INT, forcing a throw into traffic for an INT in the redzone, an overthrow on a sure TD in the EZ, an overthrow for the Williams jump ball in the EZ. 

*Nix has to play better, the defense needs to bring it, special teams need to get their head out of their ass and the coaches need to adjust.

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

When Bo had time, he threw beautiful passes mostly.  Just tired of all the issues we have seen are still there this year. Don't want another full year of this.  Not giving up because we are talented enough, but gee whiz help Bo out!

I really wanted Gus to work out, but the bs is the same every year with him and it’s showing in full force tonight. Fire up the engines #jetgate2019

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

I thought there would be no way we would be as predictable as last year but so far I’m wrong. 

Last year? How ‘bout last 4 yrs. 

i was excited for football season until around 8pm EST. Tonight. Gus hasn’t changed. 

13 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

D showed up there in the 2nd. Im not worried at this point. I think once we arnt in a 2 min drill and can run the ball with rpos we can do something, Not concerned about Bo and think he is playing well for the moment. WDE

Dude, you are delusional. For RPOs to work you have to have a OL that the other team respects. They dont. No one watching respects our OL right now. 

I full expect a ton more throws as we totally give up on running the ball later in the game. Our OL did not improve over the off season. Being seniors means nothing when they are so poorly coached.

3 minutes ago, japantiger said:

This 1000 times...stop sending everyone long and run and me short crossers

I was watching a hard knocks episode where the coach said, to an NFL quarterback mind you, such a simple concept. Throw where the blitz is coming from because no one is there.

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Dude, you are delusional. For RPOs to work you have to have a OL that the other team respects. They dont. No one watching respects our OL right now. 

I full expect a ton more throws as we totally give up on running the ball later in the game. Our OL did not improve over the off season. Being seniors means nothing when they are so poorly coached.

I mean I saw Boobie getting 7-8 yards on that drive when Bo threw the pic to 18. Lets see what happens in the 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

It's funny how EVERY year we trick ourselves into believing we're going to see something new

Abusive relationship 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

It's funny how EVERY year we trick ourselves into believing we're going to see something new

It freaking sucks! Every year I get so pumped up around the middle of Summer and every year I'm let down. I even told myself to not read into all the hype ...

4 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Everyone needs to calm down. We just played a very sloppy first half in every phase and we are still only one score down. 

We get the ball after the half. Take it down and score, and we’re right back in this. 

AE95B329-1E9B-4D3D-BFF6-25317F27B70C.gif

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

In what world does an SEC team on the goal line against a PAC-12 defense not line up and pound the damn rock into the end zone 

Well, it’s in a parallel universe, and that made me chuckle!

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I had been rebelling for the longest and started to buy into it just a little and....Yep.   But hey things might change.

Still pisses me off as a former defender to see that amazing fumble recovery not leading to a touchdown. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

We gotta have some grit in this 2nd half. We play with our grit and toughness, we find a way to win

As devout an AU fan and Alum as i am, I no longer think we have enough toughness to overcome our obvious poor coaching. 

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Not poorly coach as much as lacking talent. Gus can't scout OL talent. It is that simple.

Archived