Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Joey deserves a look. Not an indictment in Bo. Just see if it sparks. 

Joey isn't gonna help. Gus couldn't call plays if Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Dan Marino were his QBs.

It's gonna be a challenge to get just 1 TD. Let alone 2. This is such a familiar feeling under Gus since 2015. How did we fall so far to where 2 measly scores became an insurmountable task? The Gus Malzahn I used to know would drop 21 on teams in the first effing quarter. Get rid of this version of Gus Malzahn. 

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Well, they've officially ruined Bo for this game. He is in survival mode.

i couldn't take it any more.....just listening to the radio.....AB does need work but is still a better PXP guy than malzahn is a football coach

5 minutes ago, AUeng said:

What's the general consensus—are P5 season openers good for the program regardless of outcome?

Ask Tennessee. If you play like crap it really doesn't matter. 

Just now, caleb1633 said:

Joey isn't gonna help. Gus couldn't call plays if Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Dan Marino were his QBs.

This is true.  Gus would just call run run Hail Mary on 3rd down or better yet that play from Madden, the chuck and pray on 3rd down. 

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We just ran the same ******* play 5 times in a row

They'll never see it coming... Not even after 17 times.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

When you have a garbage O line, no one can play QB. 

Nor any actual short/intermediate routes because you're HC runs a high school O with no passing concepts outside of deep, screen, and wheel routes

1 minute ago, ToomersStreet said:

I will give you thatbut he and his father knew what Malzahns offense was and what it has done to QB's and he committed anyways.

Maybe he just loves Auburn and has no interest in going pro....

Gus is out of lifelines. He made sure during the entire off-season we knew he was taking over the play calling and OC duties. He knew that he had to get it done and this is what he came up with after all the time? 

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I agree.  It won’t matter who is back there.  Gatewood isn’t the answer.  The answer is to get rid of the problem which is the HC. 

Well, if you can do that easier than subbing in a suitable QB then I'd be all for it. Unfortunately there is a lot of red tape and politics behind one move. Then you have to switch.

Also, Joiner should have been in at HB. I don't see much juice elsewhere.

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

i couldn't take it any more.....just listening to the radio.....AB does need work but is still a better PXP guy than malzahn is a football coach

Yeah I tried the radio myself. Just couldn’t do it. Miss RB.

Archived