Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

Just now, wcware said:

Anyone else think Seth Williams took plays off tonight? Not finishing routes, not blocking? I might be wrong but looks like his attitude might have been bad. Glad he caught that ball though!!!

WDE

I think he was pissed but he got a huge play at the end. Hopefully that will instill some confidence.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Y’all say what y’all want about Bo Nix and please excuse my french but that’s a damn BALL PLAYER. WDE WDE WDE. 

He ain’t scared to turn it loose!

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

The bo legacy, having the game winning TD with less than a minute to go, what a moment

Hell of a way to start a career. It doesn’t get much more high pressure than that. 

That’s a tough win right there and one that will help going forward. Defense looked lost first quarter and then gave up one TD the rest of the game.  I like the mental makeup of this team. They did not get rattled and that’s big

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Y’all say what y’all want about Bo Nix and please excuse my french but that’s a damn BALL PLAYER. WDE WDE WDE. 

He made a few mistakes in the 1st half, but they were done trying to make something happen. The thing I loved is that didn’t rattle him at all and he kept balling.  Well done and  a real leader as a true freshman.  I hat an awesome experience that he will certainly benefit from.  

It ain't easy being an Auburn fan. Nix did an outstanding job. He made mistakes but who doesn't. The bottom line is we won and a "true freshman" won it for us.!!!

WDE!!!!

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Anyone else think Seth Williams took plays off tonight? Not finishing routes, not blocking? I might be wrong but looks like his attitude might have been bad. Glad he caught that ball though!!!

WDE

Body language not great!

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

That’s a tough win right there and one that will help going forward. Defense looked lost first quarter and then gave up one TD the rest of the game.  I like the mental makeup of this team. That did not get rattled and that’s big

Good point. Battle tested right out the gate.

Just now, kennypowers said:

For Rod...who's rejoicing in heaven.

I would guess he is jumping up and down right now, one of the first things I thought about 

Our o and d lines won the 2nd half. It's not complicated. I realize this confuses our peewee coaches. F#() them. They have never played at this level. Nuff said. WDE!!!

My 8 yr old son Cam said to me beginning 4th quarter that if he was a muscle man he would punch Auburn in the mouth and tell them wake up.........I think they heard him🤣

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The one thing I absolutely want to say is that going for the kill at the end was awesome. No offense to Anders but I didn’t want to leave it up to him if at all possible.

Agreed.  But I will say, my sone and I couldn’t understand why we didn’t go for the 2pt conversion.  So glad it didn’t matter. 

1 minute ago, wcware said:

WDE

I’m not sure about that but I could see that being the case just from being purely frustrated. That’s no excuse by any means but Seth Williams is a legit WR, probably the best one we’ve had in a long time. He needs to be utilized every passing play with routes designed for his strength and I’m not sure that’ll be the case. 

2 minutes ago, GoAU said:

If you blame Gus for the plays that don’t work, isn’t it only fair that he gets the credit for the ones that do?  

Now, in the real world it’s never that simple, but there were some people that were looking to blame Gis for anything and everything negative.  The big key to me is this team rallied in the face of adversity, instead of folding.  A testament to the players and coaches. 

I agree with you.  I'm just happy that everybody got what they wanted tonight, and that is a win against a quality opponent. I'm always going to stand behind the team and the coaches during the season. Always! But sometimes Gus is very frustrating, and he makes things harder than they need to be more often than he should at this point in his career. But never do I want him to be unsuccessful. NEVER!!! 

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

That’s a tough win right there and one that will help going forward. Defense looked lost first quarter and then gave up one TD the rest of the game.  I like the mental makeup of this team. They did not get rattled and that’s big

Frankly, I thought they were gassed by the second quarter.  Guess not.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

The one thing I absolutely want to say is that going for the kill at the end was awesome. No offense to Anders but I didn’t want to leave it up to him if at all possible.

Agree and I think that shows the level of trust Gus has in Bo. That kid is going to do a lot for Auburn before he leaves. Cool and collected. 

Just now, GoAU said:

Agreed.  But I will say, my sone and I couldn’t understand why we didn’t go for the 2pt conversion.  So glad it didn’t matter. 

It was the perfect place for it, but, that is typical Gus.

Bo Nix is a player and a game changer. Auburn under Gus has never quit and they play hard to the end. Just a lot to correct on both sides of the ball. But a Great Win on a very good team.

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

What a win!  Man this negativity on this forum is pathetic! Gus made great adjustments after halftime and so did Steele! Just give them the credit they deserve! Geez

War Eagle 🦅 War Bo Nix!

LOL That is not called being negative. It is called being reactionary. Should we of been positive when we honestly were playing like ish?! I mean serious question. People are just calling it like they see it!!!!! We were horrible in the first half and honestly lucky to only be down as few as we were.

Steele and the D deserve a HUGE amount of credit for holding Oregon to 7 points in the 2nd half, making crucial stops, and keeping us in this game!

Archived