Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GoAU said:

He made a few mistakes in the 1st half, but they were done trying to make something happen. The thing I loved is that didn’t rattle him at all and he kept balling.  Well done and  a real leader as a true freshman.  I hat an awesome experience that he will certainly benefit from.  

I totally agree. He made freshman mistakes but not near as many as most freshmans in his position would have made imo. My favorite part of the whole game was him taking over and leading the team at the end. He was in complete control of that game, the clock, and the plays. If the guys didn’t see him as a leader before, they do now because that’s exactly what he was.

4 minutes ago, Slammer1 said:

It ain't easy being an Auburn fan. Nix did an outstanding job. He made mistakes but who doesn't. The bottom line is we won and a "true freshman" won it for us.!!!

WDE!!!!

He did but it was expected a bit. What he didn't do was lose the game because the moment was too big. He's got a level head. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOL That is not called being negative. It is called being reactionary. Should we of been positive when we honestly were playing like ish?! I mean serious question. People are just calling it like they see it!!!!! We were horrible in the first half and honestly lucky to only be down as few as we were.

Players stepped up in 2nd half. Proud of them.

8 minutes ago, wcware said:

Anyone else think Seth Williams took plays off tonight? Not finishing routes, not blocking? I might be wrong but looks like his attitude might have been bad. Glad he caught that ball though!!!

WDE

There was one running play in particular where he absolutely didnt even try to block. Looked like he was making a point of not blocking - but yeah, glad he made the grab.

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

He did but it was expected a bit. What he didn't do was lose the game because the moment was too big. He's got a level head. 

We haven't had that since Nick Marshall.....

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Body language not great!

I may be way off but the team perked up when Gatewood come in and scored........my first thought was Gatewood may have been a team favorite..........Nix came through in the end..........not bad at alll for a true freshman........I say he has a high ceiling.

6 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I want to see Dads reaction 

My pleasure!

FB_IMG_1567309522293.jpg

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

There was one running play in particular where he absolutely didnt even try to block. Looked like he was making a point of not blocking - but yeah, glad he made the grab.

The one play when whitlow bounced outside, which made no sense to me by either player 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOL That is not called being negative. It is called being reactionary. Should we of been positive when we honestly were playing like ish?! I mean serious question. People are just calling it like they see it!!!!! We were horrible in the first half and honestly lucky to only be down as few as we were.

I was beginning to think you were MIA. Exactly right on the point above. Can't sugar-coat what we saw early on. 

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

I may be way off but the team perked up when Gatewood come in and scored........my first thought was Gatewood may have been a team favorite..........Nix came through in the end..........not bad at alll for a true freshman........I say he has a high ceiling.

Yeah, you're way off. If you had been the one who stretched for the TD the team would have perked up. 

I just think those who plug the 'not playing hard because of Gatewood' are looking for something that isn't there.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Agree with you. Gus really did not make any noticeable adjustments. KS made great adjustments to hold them to 1 td in the second half. Gus continued to run pretty much the same 7-8 plays, but the difference was Oregon's defense was really 1deep and they got very gassed and couldn't keep up with our offense. Bo mainly made all those plays in spite of Gus' stupid play calls.

6 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Steele and the D deserve a HUGE amount of credit for holding Oregon to 7 points in the 2nd half, making crucial stops, and keeping us in this game!

Yes!!!!  He did a re-set and the defense got tough again. I was very relieved to see it!

No doubt that Bo Nix has the potential, with the right coaching, to be one of the AU greats. He shows incredible composure and leadership, especially for a true freshman.

But he still ended up 13 of 31 passing with 2 picks. That´s not all Bo´s fault but that has GOT to improve.

Just now, gr82be said:

I was beginning to think you were MIA. Exactly right on the point above. Can't sugar-coat what we saw early on. 

I took off the second half from here. Obviously I never need to post during a game again!!! That was the good luck charm! haha. Yah I was not a fan of the OL at all when it came to passing protection all game. BUT! I will say they def mauled some people in the second half when it came to the run blocking. 

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Yeah, you're way off. If you had been the one who stretched for the TD the team would have perked up. 

I just think those who plug the 'not playing hard because of Gatewood' are looking for something that isn't there.

Yes agree and to be clear that's not what I am saying.

I was just glad to see all fans here keeping the faith and not giving up 😎😎😎

Archived