Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of fixable issues including WR blocking and effort, bit those are easier to address with a Win

Just now, kennypowers said:

Lots of fixable issues including WR blocking and effort, bit those are easier to address with a Win

They certainly are. 

I am just shocked. I've never seen us make 2nd half adjustments like we just did. Gus called a totally different game in the 2nd half. 

Let's not forget that Oregon truly was a quality, well coached and talented opponent. I don't care how it happened, that was a great win that will serve us well throughout the season. We should all be pleased!

I will give Gus credit. He let his freshman stud actually try and make a play. And it worked!! 

I70+ yards in the 1st qtr.

Less than 160 the rest of the game. 

2nd half adjustments by the offensive and defensive staff. 

That's something we haven't seen in YEARS guys

Just now, YankeeTiger24 said:

I will give Gus credit. He let his freshman stud actually try and make a play. And it worked!! 

Got to work on our pass skeleton though. Oregon offense would be perfect for us TBH..

Can someone go ahead and start a thread for folks to start bashing Gus now, for next week’s game? Maybe by the game they will give it a rest and actually enjoy an Auburn game instead of bashing him the whole time. 

1 minute ago, wareagle881 said:

Can someone go ahead and start a thread for folks to start bashing Gus now, for next week’s game? Maybe by the game they will give it a rest and actually enjoy an Auburn game instead of bashing him the whole time. 

He deserved all he got in the first half.

1 minute ago, wareagle881 said:

Well it certainly wasn't a glamorous game. 

There were LOTS of bad calls by Gus. The 1st half was just terrible. 

But to his credit, he did something he hasn't EVER done... He made 2nd half adjustments. And had balls of STEEL on that last drive. 

Those are two things new with Gus. Who knows maybe he has turned a page. 

Bo Nix said he came to Auburn to play in games like that and he did the dang thing. I feel like he grew up 4 years in that last 90 seconds. He was not losing that game, hence the fourth down dive that literally kept the game alive. This team should be fired up by that and backing him 100%. The moment wasn’t too big and he rose to the occasion. 

Mama thats one baddddddd dude! 

WDE WDE WDE WDE. 

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Bo Nix said he came to Auburn to play in games like that and he did the dang thing. I feel like he grew up 4 years in that last 90 seconds. He was not losing that game, hence the fourth down dive that literally kept the game alive. This team should be fired up by that and backing him 100%. The moment wasn’t too big and he rose to the occasion. 

Mama thats one baddddddd dude! 

WDE WDE WDE WDE. 

That was huge. So happy for him and especially showing his toughness at the end of the game. My gosh. 

Just now, wakeriderof87 said:

I am sure the Oregon boards are in full meltdown mode. 

I almost feel bad for them... Almost. 

Actually they aren't. A lot of them are saying this is the best defense they will face and Oregon showed a lot of grit lol. At least one of the main ones.

13 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

As much of a Gatewood fan as I was. Nix literally put that team on his back and willed us to a win

Nix, Whitlow, Stove and Seth Williams for sure. Boobee took over a whole drive almost single handedly when our D badly needed rest and we sorely needed points. 

Archived