Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

2 minutes ago, Bathel said:

I'll take any win I can get... especially against a ranked good team.  

As for Bo... he made a lot of FR mistakes.  His stat line isn't good at all.  The defense and "Heart/Fight" of this team won the game... but we kinda knew that was going to be the case this year...  It's no surprise.  

The way Bo lead the team in the 4th qtr was more important than the stat line.  His 2 INTs were in the first half and he was able to settle down after that.  The defense gave him time to *find himself* and gain confidence.  Going forward is what I will be watching to see if Bo builds on this game.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Boobie is a very tough runner and always has that extra effort. Love to have him back there. Just don't want to run him into the ground because he is so dependable.  Malzahn tends to do that.

He wanted a breather. Gus could have let him hand off that sweep to Martin when he was exhausted. 

Yup, Gus has a tendency to run them into the ground like he did with Kerryon during his last season. He even played continued to play KJ when he was injured in the SEC Championship game against UGA. Drives me crazy when Gus does that. You can´t build your entire offense on the back of one player!

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The way Bo lead the team in the 4th qtr was more important than the stat line.  His 2 INTs were in the first half and he was able to settle down after that.  The defense gave him time to *find himself* and gain confidence.  Going forward is what I will be watching to see if Bo builds on this game.

I would agree with that....

What is impressive too is the last play, he made the correct read... just a piss poor pass.

The call was really a good play call, even though I said in an earlier post it shouldn't have been made (I'm just much more conservative, it's just asking a lot from a tFR QB)...  Everyone expects you to run the ball and all night long the DB has been releasing the WR to the safety to double the underneath out route.  You call that play and hope the safety cheats inside for the run...which is what happened.  The DB releases Seth to the Safety who is late getting over top because he cheated inside.  Only issue was the throw was short and more to the middle of the field (and a bit late) and should have been deeper and more to the side line.  It allowed the safety to recover and could have been an INT.  

As a whole, the team played as a TEAM and won as a TEAM... sans the 1st quarter, which was a sh*t show.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

agree.....AU got off to a rough start but both sides got it together over the halftime and played like a different team on both sides of the ball....running game became a factor and defense shut the ducks down...

Someone might give Gus credit for not panicking (like some fans) and pulling Bo after the second INT to go with Joey.     Coaches believed in the players and things gradually came around.   And of course, many AU fans seem to under rate Oregon......falling victim to that misplaced belief that the SEC is the superior conference...despite all of the embarrassing losses by our SEC brethren this weekend. 

Proud of this team for pulling out a W. D looked bad the 1st half, but rallied in the 2nd. Kick coverage must be improved.

Winning on the road against the # 11 team in the nation with a true freshman QB is something to be proud of!🐅🦅

2 hours ago, Brannigan's Law said:

At this point, can we stop pretending like Shivers deserves playing time? He is just the next in the long line of player that Gus has annoited as a starter without having to earn it. Why Gus has a 5'6 165lb guy out there in pass protection is mind boggling. 

Let me address your ignorance before I remove myself off this site for good! 1st of all he deserves EVERYTHING he earned & some!   Im curious to know why you feel like he doesn’t. I dont know where you have been but you better pay attention. Nothing he does is enough for you self proclaimed “football guru’s” who bash people’s children because you would NEVER be able to play at a Big SEC school. All you do is run your mouth without facts! That makes 2 of us that wishes he would have gone somewhere because the ignorance of some of you so called fans is sicking! Im so over this entire group with your negativity & immature comments. 1st you said he cant pass block...  now your complaining that he can? Get a life please! Lastly keep my sons name off your tongue & out your mouth! He works damn hard every day, just because you arent a fan thats your business but you better watch your mouth the next time you decide to bash my son! You dont have to like him but you WILL RESPECT HIM! The next time my words wont be so kind & I mean that from the bottom of my heart! 

2 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Let me address your ignorance before I remove myself off this site for good! 1st of all he deserves EVERYTHING he earned & some!   Im curious to know why you feel like he doesn’t. I dont know where you have been but you better pay attention. Nothing he does is enough for you self proclaimed “football guru’s” who bash people’s children because you would NEVER be able to play at a Big SEC school. All you do is run your mouth without facts! That makes 2 of us that wishes he would have gone somewhere because the ignorance of some of you so called fans is sicking! Im so over this entire group with your negativity & immature comments. 1st you said he cant pass block...  now your complaining that he can? Get a life please! Lastly keep my sons name off your tongue & out your mouth! He works damn hard every day, just because you arent a fan thats your business but better watch your mouth the next time you decide to bash my son! The next time my words wont be so kind

Get him mama!! 

P.S we love you and worm! 

2 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Let me address your ignorance before I remove myself off this site for good! 1st of all he deserves EVERYTHING he earned & some!   Im curious to know why you feel like he doesn’t. I dont know where you have been but you better pay attention. Nothing is does is enough for you self proclaimed “football guru’s” who bash people’s children because you would NEVER be able to play at Big SEC. All you do is run your mouth without facts! That makes 2 of us that wishes he would have gone somewhere because the ignorance of some of you so called fans is sicking! Im so over this entire group with your negativity & immature comments. 1st you said he cant pass block...  now your complaining that he can? Get a life please! Lastly keep my sons name off your tongue & out your mouth! He works damn hard every day, just because you arent a fan thats your business you but better watch your mouth the next time you decide to bash my son! The next time my words wont be so kind

Great post. To often we forget that these are very young men out there playing a GAME.  They work hard every day and represent the university each day. I may criticize the adults who get paid big bucks to do a job.  I will never criticize the players for trying as hard as they can.  

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Get him mama!! 

P.S we love you and worm! 

I appreciate the support from some of you. Maybe one day we will meet again! Enjoy the rest of the season & good luck to Auburn

Momma Worm, don´t leave this site, we love your son and all our players!

1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

I appreciate the support from some of you. Maybe one day we will meet again! Enjoy the rest of the season & good luck to Auburn

There are many more people who love and appreciate your son than those who criticize. 

24 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Dont know if its been mentioned but Truesdell had a good game, especially the 4th quarter - making plays

I was just rewatching some highlights and thought the same thing. He really began to get off his blocks and stuff the run at the end. 

17 minutes ago, Bathel said:

It allowed the safety to recover and could have been an INT. 

Agree with what you said in your post.  The above is where Bo (in my opinion) showed he has got it going on.  The angle of the replay showed Boobee chipping a blitzing LB, Bo sidestepped him with his eyes down field and determining the safety was not looking back at him, but concentrating on the receiver.  He then let it fling hoping the safety wouldn’t turn his head.

The ball was well placed for that condition.  I believe if the safety was looking at Bo, he would have thrown it away and we would have gone for the FG.  JMHO.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

The ball was well placed for that condition.  I believe if the safety was looking at Bo, he would have thrown it away and we would have gone for the FG.  JMHO.

We can disagree on that... but with less than 20 seconds left in the game and in good FG position where a FG wins the game... I'd say you would want that ball away from the defender and not "hope" the safety doesn't turn around... just saying. ;)

When Worm starts getting more touches on the sweeps or gets some passes out of the backfield, you'll see just how effective he can be.  I think he is a little ball of lightning waiting for the right place to strike. He just needs the opportunity. 

17 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Let me address your ignorance before I remove myself off this site for good! 1st of all he deserves EVERYTHING he earned & some!   Im curious to know why you feel like he doesn’t. I dont know where you have been but you better pay attention. Nothing he does is enough for you self proclaimed “football guru’s” who bash people’s children because you would NEVER be able to play at a Big SEC school. All you do is run your mouth without facts! That makes 2 of us that wishes he would have gone somewhere because the ignorance of some of you so called fans is sicking! Im so over this entire group with your negativity & immature comments. 1st you said he cant pass block...  now your complaining that he can? Get a life please! Lastly keep my sons name off your tongue & out your mouth! He works damn hard every day, just because you arent a fan thats your business but you better watch your mouth the next time you decide to bash my son! You dont have to like him but you WILL RESPECT HIM! The next time my words wont be so kind & I mean that from the bottom of my heart! 

Next thing he’ll say...”what would you know? You his mom or something?”

3 minutes ago, Bathel said:

We can disagree on that... but with less than 20 seconds left in the game and in good FG position where a FG wins the game... I'd say you would want that ball away from the defender and not "hope" the safety doesn't turn around... just saying. ;)

Every time the ball leaves the QB’s hand on a pass there is a lot of *hope* going on.

13 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Please don’t leave because of that troll. We love your family and are so glad Worm came to AU!

Stick around Momma!  Most of us can't wait to see Worm take his first one to the house this year.  I hope it's a 50+ yarder and the crowd goes nutts!

Don't worry about the few knuckleheads we have. They are annoying, but they are only a very small percentage. 

33 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I’m not sure if it’ll mean much since you don’t know me from Adam but don’t let this horrible take deter you from AU. It’s blatantly obvious you have raised an extremely talented and wonder young man who has been all Auburn since he committed. He showed up day 1 and has had the best attitude and one of the hardest work ethics. He is special and I don’t just mean on the field. When you can tell a person’s character without even meeting them, that says a lot and your son has more than most people. If I had to guess he gets that from you. True Auburn fans love Worm not just for what he brings to the field but what he brings to the team which is hard working humbleness. You never see him get frustrated or give up. He gives his all every play and that’s more than what we could ask for. We are just fans sitting on our couches after all, these guys are Auburn. Worm’s time is coming not only because he has the talent for it, but because he is deserving of it. Unfortunately people forget how undeserving we are of people like yourself and your son. None of these guys have to come to Auburn so we should be thankful that they do. Especially when they are as special as Worm seems to be. Thank you for trust this university with your son and thank you to Worm for choosing to be apart of it. 

Oh, and also I totally understand you stepping away from the board because if I was you I would probably do the same. Just don’t delete your account permanently. That way when Worm inevitably goes off and has himself a game you can come back to watch these people eat some crow. 

I echo what others have said @Momma Worm and you know the amount of people here that love and support your son. Some people will always have an agenda against someone, no matter how much they succeed or how hard they work to try to succeed. Please don’t let a very small minority make you think any less of the board, or auburn.

First off, don’t get worked up over an internet message board.  Obviously, idiots abound in these places.  Next, it doesn’t matter where you go, people are morons and will always disappoint.  Every fan base has great and awful fans.  Last, the majority of us love your son!!  Your son has to have tough skin to be where he is today, so have some tough skin, ignore the clowns and stick around!!!

26 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

You go get em Mama, I understand your frustration with all the negativity that goes on with these boards. All Gus has to do is consult all of the "experts" on here and all of his problems will be solved. Love your son, just wish he got more carries to show what he can really do but that is up to Gus. That is about all I have to complain about. I knew Bo was going to be the starter just by watching his high school videos. College is just the next step in his career. Here is hoping Worm gets more chances to showcase his abilities in our next game. You take care and don't let the negativity get you down. Worm will find a way  to show everybody what he has, he just needs the more opportunities.

WDE!!!!!

Archived