Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

Worm is probably the only back we have that´s a real threat to break a long run for a TD like he did against Bama last year. Boobie is a great runner, but he is more of a power runner like Kerryon. We definitely need to get Worm the ball more, especially on some jet sweeps and short passes.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Poor thing. Sorry you are so disappointed.

I mean he isn't wrong...

I know reading comprehension isn't everyone's strong suit... but not one time did he suggest he was disappointed. 

He said that he would argue that the pass shouldn't of ever been thrown...and to that he isn't wrong. Carlson is money inside 40 yards. The TD pass was 26 yards. It was setting up for us to win the exact same way we did in 2010. That was an extremely dangerous pass...that almost had disastrous results twice (once almost being sacked and once almost being intercepted.) When all we needed was a 26 yard field goal. Edit... Looks like it would have been a 43 yard field goal... That muddies the water. Carlson is money inside 40, but had already missed a 43 yarder... So maybe it wasn't a bad call 

4 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Lol man some of yall are still just mad about Joey not being the QB. Bo made a couple mistakes- hes a true freshman and, as we all just witnessed, Oregon is legit. 

I absolutely agree that Oregon is legit, the first part of your statement is absurd. Being one of the more vocal people on this site wanting Gatewood to take the job, I can say that I am fully behind Nix 100% and I've not seen anyone suggest otherwise. I have not seen a single person complaining about Nix playing the entire game. At halftime, sure there were some calling for Gatewood to get a chance to try and spark something. However I haven't seen a soul complain that Nix finished the game.

4 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

That will be one of the toughest games we play. Oregon had that game circled for years, came in to avenge Michael Dyer's run, came in with a conference riding on them, came in nasty and prepared and with more energy on a team than I've seen since the UGA blackout game where they came out and spanked us. We were down, we were ineffectual, we were done.

Until we weren't. Through all of Gus's tenure, we've never shown we can get off the mat and punch back. Until we did, yesterday. That was no fluke.

War damn eagle.

First Oregon will not be one of the 5 most difficult games we play. Sure they are more talented than Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Arkansas but let's not pretend they are on par with A&M, LSU, UGA, or Bama. They are probably on par with UF...but then it's going to be more difficult to play in the Swap as a true road game than at Jerry's World.

Also... "Through all of Gus's tenure, we've never shown we can get off the mat and punch back. Until we did, yesterday. That was no fluke." If you have an extended period of time, and something rarely ever happens then it suddenly does happen, isn't that almost by definition a fluke? I mean we have to wait until our following games to see if Gus has bucked his trend on adjustments.

I mean you aren't right though. We have come back in games under Gus. Look no further than the 2018 A&M game. So your "never" would be incorrect.

3 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I actually thought he was further than the spot he was given........oh it was also PAC 12 refs.

It was actually Big 12 refs.

54 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Proud of this team for pulling out a W. D looked bad the 1st half, but rallied in the 2nd. Kick coverage must be improved.

Winning on the road against the # 11 team in the nation with a true freshman QB is something to be proud of!🐅🦅

It was not a true road game. It was more of a home game for us than it was for Oregon. 

52 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Let me address your ignorance before I remove myself off this site for good! 

Please don't remove yourself from this site due to some knucklehead. 

Look at the reactions to his post. 

We love you and Worm!

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I was and still am confused about that whole thing...

Ok...

Herbert goes down with an injury, so he has to come off the field. I thought he had to come off the field unless a time out is called. Cristobal called a time out so why didn't that let Herbert come back in? 

I was at the game yesterday. I waited till this afternoon to comment so I the adrenaline of the win would not influence what I said. 1st Quarter as everybody has said was horrible defense we were lucky score wasn't worse.  The quick passes eliminated the D-Line and we were playing to far off receivers trying to be sure not to give up big plays Add that to a couple of blown coverages and our D looked suspect. The good news is Steele adjusted some during the second quarter and a lot at the half playing tighter on receivers and coming up harder on the bubble screens.  Defensive player of the game was Dinson. 

White lightening was beating people deep and when he had time Bo was very good on the deep ball. For those who doubted Bo's arm strength no reason to doubt anymore.  The area we had been hearing Bo was really good was his touch passes.  Throughout the game he tried a lot of back shoulder throws but to be honest his placement was  not very good.

Once the D started taking away the short passes and Herbert had to hold on the ball our QB pressure improved. We basically stuffed their run game with a couple of exceptions so run D was strong. D held a potent O to 1 score after 1st quarter.. Watching the O-line individual battles we did a pretty good job the weakness was communication. I was in the nose bleed seats (Yes I am cheap) the advantage is that you get a great overall view. O-line didn't handle twists and stunts well  as one guy would pick up one player but somebody else didn't read the twist correctly and player would come free.  In second half when we decided to go to run O-line did much better. A combination of a better push but when the push wasn't there Boobie and Kam reading the blocking better and find a hole and running tough. The RB's were more patient then last year while still being aggressive. By middle and end of 3rd quarter especially on first down Oregon was assuming BO was giving the ball to Boobie and we still gained good yardage. I think Bo could have had some big gains if he had kept it a couple of times.

Bo was a talented Freshman playing his first game. The interception at the 12 yard line Bo was forced out of pocket did a great job of eluding the rush and had time but picked the wrong man to throw to and didn't set his feet and tried to force to wrong receiver. He also made the 4th down conversion and a super gutsy throw to win the game. With experience he will get better.

After the Big Cat fumble recovery no excuse for not getting 7 there. We should have gone to Wildcat with Joey at QB A true running threat at QB who can throw

Our Special Teams sucked there is no other way to describe it with exception of Tutt. We didn't contain we didn't break down to make the tackles. It wasn't the Punting Sipos got both distance and good hang time we just didn't do well. Sipos even pinned the returner on the side line which should have made it easy to stop him instead he almost scored.

We have to win the Special team battles we have the athletes but they need to go harder and keep in their lanes. We have two games to fix this before we hit the meat of our schedule.

I give the D a B because of 1st quarter. I give the O a C+ or B=. I would have given special teams an F but because of Tutt and the positive yardage he got us I will give them a D+or C-. 

We beat a really good team who played a good game and found a way to win. I give the team an A for not quitting when we started so badly. I also applaud coaches for adjusting both on D and O.

This team has potential to become really good If we improve we can beat A&M and LSU we should easily beat Arkansas, Ole Miss and Miss. State. Fla. will be a war but I think we can beat them.  bama did not impress me yesterday but like us it was a 1st game.  Our schedule is the part that worries me the most as all the teams I say I think we can beat are close enough to us to go either way.

9 minutes ago, 400DGRZ said:

First off, don’t get worked up over an internet message board.  Obviously, idiots abound in these places.  Next, it doesn’t matter where you go, people are morons and will always disappoint.  Every fan base has great and awful fans.  Last, the majority of us love your son!!  Your son has to have tough skin to be where he is today, so have some tough skin, ignore the clowns and stick around!!!

I agree but we should have seen this coming from day one.      There are some downright intemperate trolls on here who deliberately try to stir the pot with nasty negative stuff.  And of course during a game people are gonna comment on what they see...a missed block, a dropped pass or good plays too and folks have opinions about that kind of stuff.   And things said about the coaches is almost slanderous but people probably think that since they get paid a lot, it's ok to slice and dice.    The guy who tripped "mom's" trigger had been taking nasty shots all night long and was over the top time and again yet mods had not apparently taken any action to slow him/her down.....so we get what we got.  

JMO but I would never encourage a player or player's relatives to check these boards. By and large they are negative in tone so sooner or later they are gonna get mad and I don't blame them...... but this is an opinion board and nobody is gonna agree with everything.  

I hate that "mom" might have to discontinue her involvement because she had some good input but then again,  the price might be too high.  :dunno:

Also, as an Auburn fan, I was happy as a lark about this, however as someone who loves Oregon almost as much as Auburn, it is absolutely CRIMINAL that Cristobal didn't get that 6'6 WR more involved. Our DBs wouldn't of been able to cover him at 5'9 and 5'11.

13 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It was not a true road game. It was more of a home game for us than it was for Oregon. 

Please don't remove yourself from this site due to some knucklehead. 

Look at the reactions to his post. 

We love you and Worm!

Thank you Captain Obvious.

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He can laugh all he wants, but it sure looked like that from where I was watching. I'll watch it again and pay closer attention to the line, but from watching yesterday, it sure seemed like the Oregon DL was whooping us like red headed step kids at the start of the game. 

They (our OL) sure got rolling after halftime though.

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

Thank you Captain Obvious.

I'm not the one who called it a road game for us. But hey... In today's climate, why should things like facts stand in the way right?

29 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Worm is probably the only back we have that´s a real threat to break a long run for a TD like he did against Bama last year. Boobie is a great runner, but he is more of a power runner like Kerryon. We definitely need to get Worm the ball more, especially on some jet sweeps and short passes.

I would agree... it’s not that I don’t like him... more I don’t like how he’s being used. 

28 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I mean he isn't wrong...

I know reading comprehension isn't everyone's strong suit... but not one time did he suggest he was disappointed. 

He said that he would argue that the pass shouldn't of ever been thrown...and to that he isn't wrong. Carlson is money inside 40 yards. The TD pass was 26 yards. It was setting up for us to win the exact same way we did in 2010. That was an extremely dangerous pass...that almost had disastrous results twice (once almost being sacked and once almost being intercepted.) When all we needed was a 26 yard field goal. Edit... Looks like it would have been a 43 yard field goal... That muddies the water. Carlson is money inside 40, but had already missed a 43 yarder... So maybe it wasn't a bad call 

I absolutely agree that Oregon is legit, the first part of your statement is absurd. Being one of the more vocal people on this site wanting Gatewood to take the job, I can say that I am fully behind Nix 100% and I've not seen anyone suggest otherwise. I have not seen a single person complaining about Nix playing the entire game. At halftime, sure there were some calling for Gatewood to get a chance to try and spark something. However I haven't seen a soul complain that Nix finished the game.

First Oregon will not be one of the 5 most difficult games we play. Sure they are more talented than Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Arkansas but let's not pretend they are on par with A&M, LSU, UGA, or Bama. They are probably on par with UF...but then it's going to be more difficult to play in the Swap as a true road game than at Jerry's World.

Also... "Through all of Gus's tenure, we've never shown we can get off the mat and punch back. Until we did, yesterday. That was no fluke." If you have an extended period of time, and something rarely ever happens then it suddenly does happen, isn't that almost by definition a fluke? I mean we have to wait until our following games to see if Gus has bucked his trend on adjustments.

I mean you aren't right though. We have come back in games under Gus. Look no further than the 2018 A&M game. So your "never" would be incorrect.

It was actually Big 12 refs.

Thank you my mistake.

4 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

We need to get Shivers to the perimeter, or get him the ball out in space. He'll make some plays for us. 

Whitlow had a lot of extra effort that made Gus look good a few times.  I'd like to see more Joiner and Martin too. 

Running game early was hampered by putting the offense in a bad position early. Actually folks forget we left at least 10 points on the field in the first half by our offense. We have to get our red zone offense corrected. I’m not saying we have to change personnel ( although I did like Joey over the top) but we have to figure out how to quit stalling inside the 10. 

I’ll say this right off the bat. Never ever should you start a new true freshman in his first game with 18 passes in the first half and that doesn’t include another dozen attempts that he was sacked or ran for his life. That was stupid. 

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

have to figure out how to quit stalling inside the 10.

Something to improve on for certain but it always get's tough inside the 20 when the field gets smaller. 

KJ ran a lot of wildcat when he was here and I think that was Lindsey's call......but no matter, when it get's tight near the goal line I'm for the wildcat and Joey or Boobie look more than adequate.   What we also need to work is the OL keeping their positions.....two motion penalties inside the five if I remember right....and that makes it tough too. 

PS  not necessarily too many passes........true freshman slaughtered FSU yesterday with 400+ yards.    Folks keep wanting to turn the QB loose.....well Gus did and it was necessary because Oregon was set up to stop the running game.    Other than the effect on his stats.....I was good with all of the early passes because when it came time for the passes to be essential, he was warmed up and had a feel for the game. 

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Yes he is

His life is like a movies then lol 

18 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Running game early was hampered by putting the offense in a bad position early. Actually folks forget we left at least 10 points on the field in the first half by our offense. We have to get our red zone offense corrected. I’m not saying we have to change personnel ( although I did like Joey over the top) but we have to figure out how to quit stalling inside the 10. 

To be fair... they left 10 points on the field too...  

i’ll have to go back and rewatch our RZ snaps. I don’t particularly have a strong memory of hating the play calls, but more the execution... but could be wrong. Although, I’m not a fan of the sugar huddle. 

Looking back, we only had about 8 snaps in the RZ.  One was an INT one was a muffed snap and one 8 yard sack. 

12 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Haha you should be here at the house.......I do the whipped dog walk at least twice a day at 6'5 326.😂

Touché

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Let me address your ignorance before I remove myself off this site for good! 1st of all he deserves EVERYTHING he earned & some!   Im curious to know why you feel like he doesn’t. I dont know where you have been but you better pay attention. Nothing he does is enough for you self proclaimed “football guru’s” who bash people’s children because you would NEVER be able to play at a Big SEC school. All you do is run your mouth without facts! That makes 2 of us that wishes he would have gone somewhere because the ignorance of some of you so called fans is sicking! Im so over this entire group with your negativity & immature comments. 1st you said he cant pass block...  now your complaining that he can? Get a life please! Lastly keep my sons name off your tongue & out your mouth! He works damn hard every day, just because you arent a fan thats your business but you better watch your mouth the next time you decide to bash my son! You dont have to like him but you WILL RESPECT HIM! The next time my words wont be so kind & I mean that from the bottom of my heart! 

61C58584-491F-4090-8994-91DB379167C6.gif

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Oh and last whitlow comment, the winning pass play to Seth he chipped the dude blitzing. If he didn't make that play Bo doesn't get that pass off and we probably take a sack get out of fg range and we lose as the clock runs out

You're right. Everyone will remember Nix making the pass and Seth the catch, but Boobee doing his assignment was just as huge. 

I've been a big Boobee fan since his Lafayette days, and he's definitely changed in many ways. He was learning on the job all last year. Good to see more on the board coming around on him. Also, him and Nix seem to have a great bond judging by their post game locker room interview together.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Earlier in the week you asked the board a question; What would be think if Bo threw for 3 TDs but had 3 INTs and we still won?  Well, he threw for 2 TDs and had 2 INTs, your thoughts?

My thoughts on Bo is I liked his fight. He is what I thought he was going to be. He's not as good as many on here hype up right now, but he's going to be good I think. He was almost overwhelmed but this team fought for him. 

He locks on his first read but that's expected from a freshman. He's a gamer. He was pretty heady as far as everything that was going on.  I didn't like on here how people were making it sort of divisional when he wasn't being successful. If he doesn't make the right play it was everybody else fault....like wr's weren't fighting for the ball and stuff like that.  I was very impressed with a throw he made that wasn't even completed. Just the confidence to make the throw. I'm looking forward to the next couple of games to get him settled in

Auburn won right? It’s hard to tell on this board with all the haters!

3 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Let me address your ignorance before I remove myself off this site for good! 1st of all he deserves EVERYTHING he earned & some!   Im curious to know why you feel like he doesn’t. I dont know where you have been but you better pay attention. Nothing he does is enough for you self proclaimed “football guru’s” who bash people’s children because you would NEVER be able to play at a Big SEC school. All you do is run your mouth without facts! That makes 2 of us that wishes he would have gone somewhere because the ignorance of some of you so called fans is sicking! Im so over this entire group with your negativity & immature comments. 1st you said he cant pass block...  now your complaining that he can? Get a life please! Lastly keep my sons name off your tongue & out your mouth! He works damn hard every day, just because you arent a fan thats your business but you better watch your mouth the next time you decide to bash my son! You dont have to like him but you WILL RESPECT HIM! The next time my words wont be so kind & I mean that from the bottom of my heart! 

Bystander to this speaking. 

I can’t agree more about people dissing someone’s kid. I am proud father of an Army soldier, and when I hear people bitching about good in life, family, sports, etc. I can’t help but feel sorry for people that spend time being negative. 

Momma, please don’t let 1 person, or a few ruin the apple barrel. Every fan base has a lunatic fringe so we are no different. 

This team gives their all, and I bet everyone would be shocked to see how hard they work! We all want to win, and have “bragging rights” but don’t let wins or losses define who you are!

Back to you’re regularly scheduled programming!

Archived