Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

22 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I'm not complaining but did any of the other RB get any carries?

Did Joiner have a carry? I don’t recall if he did. Next two games we seriously need need to use multiple RBs. Why name them all as starters? We know Boobie is the guy but he was running out of gas and the end but we didn’t sub him even when he was asking for one at the end of the game. We really have to stop running our main RB into the ground 

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Did Joiner have a carry? I don’t recall if he did. Next two games we seriously need need to use multiple RBs. Why name them all as starters? We know Boobie is the guy but he was running out of gas and the end but we didn’t sub him even when he was asking for one at the end of the game. We really have to stop running our main RB into the ground 

24 carries is not a lot.

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

24 carries is not a lot.

No but when he is gassed after 5 straight carries, it can lead to a fatigue injury which I think was the case. Whitlow played like a man today but he was gassed in the redzone.

I am amazed and thankful. It seems as if Whitlows play in the late third quarter carried the OL and Nix to step up and win. That was an a awesome win for us. One i truly did not think we had in us AND the TD throw call was exciting, crazy, and possibly season altering?

WDE! WTG Tigers!

Maybe the OL came alive finally????? I hope so. It was a first game so jitters, etc.

Bo Nix...Stud.

You can get injured on any play. Yes he was tired but he was also on fire. Always ride the hot hand. We needed Boobie for that drive and he delivered big time.

Thought the defense settled in and made the right adjustments... Nix is a baller.. I give Gus credit for sticking with him.. kid is going to make mistakes..

Tutt balled out.. he saved us on several occasions.. Pappoe is as good as advertised. 

Was disappointed with several individual players but a win is a win and I will take this one.  

46 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Bo Nix said he came to Auburn to play in games like that and he did the dang thing. I feel like he grew up 4 years in that last 90 seconds. He was not losing that game, hence the fourth down dive that literally kept the game alive. This team should be fired up by that and backing him 100%. The moment wasn’t too big and he rose to the occasion. 

Mama thats one baddddddd dude! 

WDE WDE WDE WDE. 

On that last drive, Nix was in the zone. He was calm, no fear in his eyes, and confident.

3 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

You can get injured on any play. Yes he was tired but he was also on fire. Always ride the hot hand. We needed Boobie for that drive and he delivered big time.

No crap but the risk of injury increases when you are fatigued. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that. Even the announcers acknowledged after his injury, he just looked gassed.

3 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I really saw the spike in the endzone as reactionary to emotions as opposed to celebratory taunting.

Yeah that was such a BS call. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

No crap but the risk of injury increases when you are fatigued. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that. Even the announcers acknowledged after his injury, he just looked gassed.

Boobee looked gassed as he was heading to the sidelines before Gus told him to stay to run the Wild Cat.  Reminiscent of KJ against Bama in 2017. I’m glad it worked out for Boobee.

1 minute ago, war3ag13 said:

Yeah that was such a BS call. 

Man you can't spike the ball lol. They will always call a flag on that.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Fatigue can lead to injury. Acknowledged.Not that serious dude.

Everyone on the field gets fatigue. Especially the o line who rarely gets substituted for. Yes, Boobie was tired but I think it was the right call to keep him in the game, especially how the game was unfolding. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Hugging my dad after the TD, I accidentally elbowed him in the throat, but a W is a W. Lol

Lol he'll probably just settle for a high five next time..or maybe a handshake would be even safer. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Lol he'll probably just settle for a high five next time..or maybe a handshake would be even safer. 

We high fived, then hugged. He didn’t tell me until 10 minutes after the game had ended lol

21 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

24 carries is not a lot.

He was clearly gassed at the end and hurting a bit because he was asking to com out. The fact remains that we need to establish a RB rotation to keep keep him fresh in those key moments in the game 

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

No but when he is gassed after 5 straight carries, it can lead to a fatigue injury which I think was the case. Whitlow played like a man today but he was gassed in the redzone.

Exactly my point 

I know Bo will learn from this and get better. I never questioned his resolve. The pieces around him have to get better. Can't keep waiting until halftime to make adjustments. Gus ain't changing folks, so to make this season worth something the team will have to do extra to cancel out the nonsense. Good ugly win though. How about that never happens again K?

Archived