Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Also Seth is the one that persuaded Gus to give him that last shot. I don’t blame Gus for taking the risk remember we already had one missed field goal. Worked out well but Seth and Bo pushed Gus for the play. And Gus confirmed that in his post game.

I love to hear this. I hope the entire team continues to do this. Gus is stubborn and he gets in his own head too much. The players do need to balk back and demand he give them opportunities. At the end of the day it’s up to the players to make the plays. They showed last night they can do so. He needs to LISTEN. 

We need to get Shivers to the perimeter, or get him the ball out in space. He'll make some plays for us. 

Whitlow had a lot of extra effort that made Gus look good a few times.  I'd like to see more Joiner and Martin too. 

21 minutes ago, Brannigan's Law said:

At this point, can we stop pretending like Shivers deserves playing time? He is just the next in the long line of player that Gus has annoited as a starter without having to earn it. Why Gus has a 5'6 165lb guy out there in pass protection is mind boggling. 

This may be the worst take I’ve ever seen in the history of this forum, and I’ve been here for almost a decade.

Ok! Looking for some sensible posts about football. I think No showed what he is.....he's not something not seen before, he's not even better than most but he's the future AS LONG AS he's supported. Like I thought the inside run game is a concern. D line depth, o line definitely. 

Speaking of coaching, I don't know exactly how to describe the play, but I was waiting all night for a play where instead of the RB actually blocking the outside blitzer he just runs by him for a dump off over his head. A couple of times our RB could have ran all the way to Arizona out there.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Clueless

Would’ve been nice to see Shaun get more zones and legit buck sweeps instead of being put in trick play situations. Line has to do better tho, which may be why gus tried to be cute Shaun, still would’ve liked to see some wide side sweeps tho.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Would’ve been nice to see Shaun get more zones and legit buck sweeps instead of being put in trick play situations. Line has to do better tho, which may be why gus tried to be cute Shaun, still would’ve liked to see some wide side sweeps tho.

Not sure exactly what the play is, but I know we have a power sweep that we have ran in the past. I was hoping to see that some last night. It's not exactly student body right, but somewhere in the neighborhood.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Not sure exactly what the play is, but I know we have a power sweep that we have ran in the past. I was hoping to see that some last night. It's not exactly student body right, but somewhere in the neighborhood.

Buck sweep and Shivers would kill on it

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

He wasn't the benefactor of good blocking in the second half like Boobie was. I think Gus did the right thing by continuing to feed Whitlow, who was into a fantastic rhythm in the second half. Remember one sweep we ran to Shivers that was snuffed out by an Oregon defender that was otherwise well blocked and would have likely been a huge play. 

Shivers will get more touches. But Whitlow was the hot hand when it mattered and I'm not going to fault Gus for sticking with what was working. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Buck sweep and Shivers would kill on it

The thing that would help shivers the most is the line blocking for him lol. There's no reason he couldn't do what Oregon backs was doing to us. Actually I bet they wish they had him

Just now, cole256 said:

The thing that would help shivers the most is the line blocking for him lol. There's no reason he couldn't do what Oregon backs was doing to us. Actually I bet they wish they had him

Exactly

Whitlow hasn't been my favorite but he was a warrior last night. He was the most important player in my mind. He wasn't scared. He let Oregon know he wasn't scared. He let everybody on our team know they better not be scared.    You would have to be at the game and watching everything to understand how valuable he was last night......I think the world of him now

39 minutes ago, Brannigan's Law said:

At this point, can we stop pretending like Shivers deserves playing time? He is just the next in the long line of player that Gus has annoited as a starter without having to earn it. Why Gus has a 5'6 165lb guy out there in pass protection is mind boggling. 

You’re an idiot (agree on the pass block though) 

Just now, cole256 said:

Whitlow hasn't been my favorite but he was a warrior last night. He was the most important player in my mind. He wasn't scared. He let Oregon know he wasn't scared. He let everybody on our team know they better not be scared.    You would have to be at the game and watching everything to understand how valuable he was last night......I think the world of him now

He's come a long way! Patience, effort, and vision. 

Archived