AU's flight delay

TigerHorn

Haven't seen it discussed here or much of anywhere, but what the heck happened to cause AU's Friday flight to be delayed 4 hours?

I travel a LOT - as much as 6 of every 8 weeks, and I'm here to tell you that a 4 hour delay definitely imposes a performance penalty on you physically and mentally. No matter what you do the next day, it always catches up with you.  I wonder if we saw that in the 1st half? Even in Gus's playcalling? Oregon had to come two timezones, so they came in a day early to offset that. I don't see any reason for AU to have come early because its the same timezone, but how did our travel provider screw up so badly?

Three time zones.

Pacific, Mountain, Central

2 hours ago, rocketman37 said:

Three time zones.

Pacific, Mountain, Central

Two hour difference for Oregon. One day is plenty to get over that. I live that all the time, but a 4 hour delay on an overnight trip to the same timezone is a hard recovery...

DAL/DFW were in and out of ground stops and on delay programs all day on Friday.  I saw the flight delayed out of MGM and wondered if they would end up having to push the flight to Saturday.  

It was weather. It was really wind more than anything but it stormed the night before. There's nothing anybody can do about air controllers deciding it's not safe for a flight to depart......I don't think they were against Auburn

Archived