Bo Nix will save Gus’ job

AUApostle

Bo Nix will save Gus’ Job  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bo Nix save Gus’ job?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, in fact he’ll get a new fat contract and extension.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2019 at 04:00 AM

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, no. Not one player will save Gus' job. Gus will have to save secure his own future on the plains by his own decisions during the rest of the season, IMHO.

2 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Well, no. Not one player will save Gus' job. Gus will have to save secure his own future on the plains by his own decisions during the rest of the season, IMHO.

This is why I voted "No."

I honestly think he will under two circumstances.

We have to have better productivity and coaching at the WR and OL positions.

Our defense can’t take that next step without better DL coaching and a legitimate edge rusher.

Bo is a freshman.....he could just as well have a freshman-like game at a bad time and everyone would be after Gus's hide.  JMO but take it as it comes and let's not be setting odds on Gus's job at every game..... 

He won’t but the talented players will do enough to do so and in retrospect that is how it is suppose to happen if the coach can maintain motivation 

11 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Agree with this but out of likes. I have said this in two other threads but the fact that he took ownership of the red zone woes early instead of saying it was execution was a step toward that. To me that signifies him saying that it's his job to keep or lose and he doesn't want to give a hint of blame to anyone else. The players seem to want to play for him. I saw what I consider to be a step taken forward by Gus last night. 

Nope, football isn't a one man show. It's still going to be up to Gus to put Nix and Co. in better positions to succeed. 

Gus didn't play to Stidham's strengths and mitigate the OL's ineptness last season. When he did we marched down the field against Texas A&M.

I'm not trying to start another bash Gus deal, but he can save himself.

I voted no, but not because I think Gus is gone. Eventually, Bo will likely be that kind of quarterback. He’s not there yet. As such, one player won’t make or break this season. If Gus is successful, it’s because he’s finally turned a corner. If not, it will be because he is the same ole frustrating Gus. 

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

I honestly think he will under two circumstances.

We have to have better productivity and coaching at the WR and OL positions.

Our defense can’t take that next step without better DL coaching and a legitimate edge rusher.

We need better recruiting at the OL position first. That is the first step fam! lol

14 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

The hate on Gus is strong on the boards today!

I really do not see it as hate. Just a need and want to be great. This team and program year after year has the talent it takes to be that perennial 10-12 win team. We want Gus to get better as a coach and to take us there. He has done a incredible job at every position group (besides OL) at stacking the deck with some really talented players. Just need to put our players in better position to succeed on offense. 

We're only one game in. We have yet to play any conference games. While the dramatic win is great, I still believe we're still an unknown as far what this team is. They do seem scrappy and resilient  I'll give them that, but there's alot of  great football teams left to play. For that, I didn't vote.

Bo can certainly make this year’s team better. But I could see this team go into November with a legit shot to win the SEC West, or go into November with 3-4 losses. If the latter happens, nothing will save Gus’s job IMO. I’m hoping For the scenario of contending or the West and that saving Gus's job. And Go Bo!

Don't think the no votes are Gus hate because anyone thinks that Gus is going to be gone. Mine wasn't meant that way. If the season goes better than expected I still wouldn't return Sexton's calls though. 

CGM has to save his own behind. He can do that by playing to the strengths of the offense. He has a lot to clean up with the OL, WR’s, and play calling. Nix will make mistakes, and I think CGM took a big step forward Saturday night by not pulling Nix and continuing to allow him to compete after a bad half. 

You would think the way everyone’s complaining we would have just struggled vs some mid major in the opener. I didn’t agree with every call that was made but obviously Gus didn’t either. Oregon is a very good team that we just beat with a freshman qb. A freshman qb that improved throughout the game. Overall I liked the play calling as a whole and the team over all played well for game 1. Take a step back and enjoy it. 

8 hours ago, Sizzle said:

That’s not how football works. Bo didn’t play defense and didn’t play special teams. One player can only do so much in football 

True...but the "gus gotta go" folks will latch onto any thread to support their view......kinda like the nobody but DT people....no accomplishment will be good enough for more than a day or two....until they find something else to put on Gus....

Special teams on punt coverage was really bad Saturday...so that's Gus's next shortcoming. 

Gus is not on the hot seat.

Don’t get me wrong, if he really sinks the ship this season, he could certainly go, but contrary to popular believe, he’s not on the hot seat.

Can we not act like Bo Nix is Trevor freakin' Lawerence or Tua Tagovailoa ? He's a true freshman. He threw two picks and two touchdowns. Pump the brakes a little. 

Archived