Bo Nix will save Gus’ job

AUApostle

Bo Nix will save Gus’ Job  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bo Nix save Gus’ job?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, in fact he’ll get a new fat contract and extension.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2019 at 04:00 AM

50 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Can we not act like Bo Nix is Trevor freakin' Lawerence or Tua Tagovailoa ? He's a true freshman. He threw two picks and two touchdowns. Pump the brakes a little. 

so that's a No?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There needs to be an option where Gus saves his own job.  That is incredibly unfair where we win a game and there are already people discrediting Gus and trying to place the praise elsewhere.  If Nix is successful, it is because Gus set him up for success.  No way a true freshmen is successful in this conference 100% on their own. 

I think the way these guys played Saturday, I truely expect they will be in the hunt come November. If that be the case we would look like total crap to replace a coach. Gus grew up a lot Saturday in respect to start listening to folks around him. If he continues to listen he will do well.

17 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Nope, football isn't a one man show. It's still going to be up to Gus to put Nix and Co. in better positions to succeed. 

Gus didn't play to Stidham's strengths and mitigate the OL's ineptness last season. When he did we marched down the field against Texas A&M.

I'm not trying to start another bash Gus deal, but he can save himself.

If someone forwards this to the man, he will be saved! The whole earth is already spotting us two or three losses without even getting all that worked up about it. The threshold for redemption is to not look stupid. Bo can't fix stupid.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

True...but the "gus gotta go" folks will latch onto any thread to support their view......kinda like the nobody but DT people....no accomplishment will be good enough for more than a day or two....until they find something else to put on Gus....

Special teams on punt coverage was really bad Saturday...so that's Gus's next shortcoming. 

Yeah none of the special teams were good. Wonder what happened. Was it blown assignments or personnel 🤔

that’s gotta get better ASAP 

Gus has us in the running every year. Its not his fault our schedules are the toughest in the country every year. As long as Saban is at Alabama and smart is at Georgia it going to be tough. You fire Gus and we will go through a coach every 2or 3 years with no better result.  I don't see anyone who is available to compete with Saban.  Will see how Texas a&m experiment with Jimbo works out for the millions they spent. My guess is they won't be any better then auburn

8 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

The only thing that's going to save Gus' job is that hideous contract. He could go 6-6 and he'll still have his job.

Yep.  Leath saved Gus' job..he should be a choice on the poll

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

There needs to be an option where Gus saves his own job.  That is incredibly unfair where we win a game and there are already people discrediting Gus and trying to place the praise elsewhere.  If Nix is successful, it is because Gus set him up for success.  No way a true freshmen is successful in this conference 100% on their own. 

No there doesn't...lol. I mean no disrespect to the OP, but what kinda question is this anyway? It can't even remotely be answered with any amount of certainty.  I don't even really see how an opinion can be formed based off of one game. 

Didn’t vote! You can’t vote in a poll like this without explanation of why you voted a certain way, so it’s seems pointless to me.

12 hours ago, Sizzle said:

That’s not how football works. Bo didn’t play defense and didn’t play special teams. One player can only do so much in football 

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE! Gus said that the TEAM had to help Bo with their play.  That's offense, defense and special teams. I enjoy Bo's interviews because he always say "we" when answering a question about him. That's a TEAM PLAYER and LEADER.

No. Gus Malzahn will save Gus Malzahn's job. The inverse would be, "Will Bo Nix cost Gus his job?" The answer there would be a resounding "NO" because it's not up to an 18 year old to save the job a grown man making $7 mil a year. 

Also, can we quit making the kid out to be a deity? He's a young man. He's going to have a lot of growing and learning to mature into the quarterback that we will ultimately need him to be. There are so many other play makers around Bo that will need to step up to make this season work. Don't forget the defense that we are going to have to lean on a lot during this growing year. 

I'm sorry to rant but this poll is just dumb. 

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We need better recruiting at the OL position first. That is the first step fam! lol

Which will take a coaching change lol

I am still not sold on the oline and the run game.  I  believe it is  going to get rough when we play a&m.   Bo Nix is  a  boss though

50 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

No. Gus Malzahn will save Gus Malzahn's job. The inverse would be, "Will Bo Nix cost Gus his job?" The answer there would be a resounding "NO" because it's not up to an 18 year old to save the job a grown man making $7 mil a year. 

Also, can we quit making the kid out to be a deity? He's a young man. He's going to have a lot of growing and learning to mature into the quarterback that we will ultimately need him to be. There are so many other play makers around Bo that will need to step up to make this season work. Don't forget the defense that we are going to have to lean on a lot during this growing year. 

I'm sorry to rant but this poll is just dumb. 

A QB that struggled mightily against the blitz and OL that can't block for the third year in a row. Just wait until Gus faces SEC competition for the first time.

Posters will only remember the last couple of throws of Saturday night's game but for 80% of the game, it was different year, same old predictable  Gus. 

The defense, not Bo or Gus, saved the game for Auburn.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Take away anyone ONE of these 3 guys, and nobody on this board knows who Gus Malzahn is.

AUBURNTIGERS.COM Auburn, Florida State players in the eye ...

Nick Marshall: Basketball Star, Then a Cornerback, Now a ...

A Minority Opinion ... - Track 'Em Tigers, Auburn's oldest ...

And he wouldn’t be Auburn’s head coach.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Take away anyone ONE of these 3 guys, and nobody on this board knows who Gus Malzahn is.

AUBURNTIGERS.COM Auburn, Florida State players in the eye ...

Nick Marshall: Basketball Star, Then a Cornerback, Now a ...

A Minority Opinion ... - Track 'Em Tigers, Auburn's oldest ...

Great players make coaches jobs a whole lot easier. Kudos to Gus on getting these guys to suit up in the orange and blue. Besides your comment can be applied to any successful coach. 

34 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

A QB that struggled mightily against the blitz and OL that can't block for the third year in a row. Just wait until Gus faces SEC competition for the first time.

Posters will only remember the last couple of throws of Saturday night's game but for 80% of the game, it was different year, same old predictable  Gus. 

The defense, not Bo or Gus, saved the game for Auburn.

I agree that the defense led this charge. I also would give a lot of credit to Bo. He was a baller in the 4th quarter. That first down run to keep the drive alive showed us a lot about him. I think he will be great, but I think we also need to stay grounded. 

The defense KEPT us in the game, not WON the game for us. THe offense AND BO/Seth won the game for us.

And as far as Bo helping Gus keep his job? I voted no, but bc/ No matter if Bo is a FR, SO, JR, SR at Auburn, if Gus doesn't clean up his schemes and playcalling...we will lose games that we COULDA/SHOULDA won in the SEC. We could have one year like 2013 or 2017 w/ a good QB or we could have a 2014 or 2018 w/ a good QB. 

That is why Gus has to find a way to make the offense consistently effective b/c we are going to have close games that the offense can't disappear in or stumbles at a critical time.

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

One of my favorite quotes from Jason Brown of second chance U. “Coaches don’t win games, players do.” 

To me it’s not a slight in the least bit if people feel players save the coaches job. It is quite true. 

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

One of my favorite quotes from Jason Brown of second chance U. “Coaches don’t win games, players do.” 

To me it’s not a slight in the least bit if people feel players save the coaches job. It is quite true. 

That's true at the pro level but not at the collegiate level. A college coach is judge, jury and executioner of his team. It's his creation, his culture and his belief system. 

With the amount of turnover from year to year at the NCAAF level, one player/game shouldn't be enough to save one's job. Auburn got into this mess by handing Gus a cookie contract extension after home wins against Alabama and Georgia and before getting pummeled in the SEC championship game and losing the bowl game to the heavy underdog UCF.

The best Bo could do is buy him another year but that's hardly saving his job.

Gus still hasn't been able to recruit an offensive line and he hasn't coached a good one since he took over for Gene Chizik and those were not his recruits.

Most top class FBS programs wouldn't have given Gus this kind of leash to turn things around especially with very little track record to fall back on.

Archived