Tulane Score Prediction

tbone1430

34-17 good guys. I think we come out a little flat after an emotional win. Think we’ll miss the spread by a hair. By the way how are we 14-17 overall against Tulane? We need to start this rivalry back up and even things up 😂

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I want a shutout!

US: 51

them: 0

That would be a genuinely good thing for both the Offense and Defense. The potential is there for it to happen but the team would have to be in "Purdue Mode" to make it happen.

I think Tulane is better then people think.....we'll find out soon enough.

24 - 17 AU. I think they will be able to sustain at least a couple long drives to limit our chances on offense. Plus i feel a 10 yd cushion type defense early in the game. So i expect them to have some drives and the key will be can we keep them to only field goals. I need to see more than a drive or 2 to have faith in our offense putting up big numbers. If we can run on them without too much trouble then this game becomes a blowout. I think we will struggle to run the ball. They have a big bad NG that i think will give us fits

41–17.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I want a shutout!

US: 51

them: 0

I was going to post the following, but I suppose yours is close enough...

Auburn: As many points as they want 

Tulane: 0

Didn't get to see Tulane yet, but prediction time that needs to be remembered by all:

If we struggle in the 1st and only pull away because of superior athletes and more depth, we will have a losing SEC record. 

That being said. Hopefully. 54-14 with the 2s playing 1.5 quarters. 

Realistically, 35-14 with it being a 1 score game in the 3rd. 

Tulane's strength is running the football. Our strength is defending the run. 

Bo and Gus gained a LOT of confidence in that last drive. 

We about to Purdue them. 

Auburn 63 - Tulane 10

We are still a work in progress. Just about every part of the offense needs to improve, from play calling to the players. We need a ton of work. There are still a ton of questions about personnel. Defense needs to learn how to start the game like they finished the game. Play fast and mean.

Tulane is a good team with some talent at QB and DL. They have a very good coach with a good offensive system. They are probably better than OM, ARK, Mizzou, TN, and Vandy at this point. 

In the end I think it will be an ugly close game at first as we are still refining our offensive identity and identifying play makers. We win with talent in the 2nd half. It helps that it is a night game. 

31-10 with a late score by AU. 

If this game is an AU blowout it will be surprising and very good news. I would love nothing more than it to be 31-0 in the 3rd with Joey playing a lot of backup minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Tulane's strength is running the football. Our strength is defending the run. 

Bo and Gus gained a LOT of confidence in that last drive. 

We about to Purdue them. 

Auburn 63 - Tulane 10

That would be freaking awesome and I hope you are correct. 

41-17 AU. The AU defense is a whole different animal than FIU's defense. I look for AU's defense/ST to match the amount of Tulane offensive TDs in this one. 

48 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That would be freaking awesome and I hope you are correct. 

It would. And I absolutely think we can enforce our will on Tulane. We better be able to at least. Their QB won't be near on par with Oregon's. Their OL won't be near on par with Oregon's. I doubt their run game will be better than Oregon's...and if it is, they certainly won't have the talent in the backfield Oregon had. Likewise, their defense won't be as good as Oregon's. As soft as we think the PAC is... well because SEC BABY... but seriously, the PAC is still a P5 conference. The overall level of players simply won't be on par with Oregon. So we SHOULD be able to inflict our will on Tulane and simply out class them on a man vs man level. 

I'm definitely no sunshine pumper. I still am not back in the Malzahn corner. I defended Gus up until the 2017 LSU game. He lost me after that particular game. It's going to take a LOT to get me back into his corner. 

But I have absolutely no qualms about giving credit where credit is due. And Gus deserves a lot of credit for the way he handled Nix in his first ever game. Making amazing rarely seen 2nd half adjustments, and putting full faith in Nix on that last drive... Gus gave me hope. We going to Purdue them

I'm coming out swinging this week.

Quarter 1 - Bo Nix connects on some beautiful passes scoring three touchdowns through the air. Boobee gets a lot of early work almost hitting 100 yards and getting another touchdown.

Quarter 2 - Boobee breaks 120 yards scoring his second touchdown and wrapping up his day. Bo Nix gets one more passing touchdown before passing the reigns off to Joey Gatewood.

Quarter 3 - Our slew of back up running backs start gashing an exhausted Tulane but Gus starts running the clock from the start of the third quarter because he's always nice to our opponents. Still Gatewood has some nice read option plays and the offense keeps putting up some scores.

Quarter 4 - Tulane puts the clamps on the run because we've made it obvious we won't be passing much anymore (backup qb's under Gus almost never get to pass). Drives start stalling and Siposs/Carlson steal the show with solid punts and field goals.

Auburn 55 - Tulane 21 (two trash time touchdowns)

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'm coming out swinging this week.

Quarter 1 - Bo Nix connects on some beautiful passes scoring three touchdowns through the air. Boobee gets a lot of early work almost hitting 100 yards and getting another touchdown.

Quarter 2 - Boobee breaks 120 yards scoring his second touchdown and wrapping up his day. Bo Nix gets one more passing touchdown before passing the reigns off to Joey Gatewood.

Quarter 3 - Our slew of back up running backs start gashing an exhausted Tulane but Gus starts running the clock from the start of the third quarter because he's always nice to our opponents. Still Gatewood has some nice read option plays and the offense keeps putting up some scores.

Quarter 4 - Tulane puts the clamps on the run because we've made it obvious we won't be passing much anymore (backup qb's under Gus almost never get to pass). Drives start stalling and Siposs/Carlson steal the show with solid punts and field goals.

Auburn 55 - Tulane 21 (two trash time touchdowns)

Aka we get ahead and waste game time with the 2/3s perpetuating the cycle of no development under gus. 

Archived