Tulane Score Prediction

tbone1430

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn - 30

Tulane - 20

A late Tulane TD makes it look closer than it really was.

On 2 occasions AU will settle for a FG after getting inside the 10. Gus will admit his play calling inside the 10 was questionable at best.

I think Tulane has a very good defense but I think Bo has the RPO working. Joey will see a lot of time also. I don’t think Tulane will do much against our Dline and the speed of our Lbs and DBs. I’ll go with 34-7

Since the game is a whiteout I wonder if the team will come out in the storm trooper unis.  You know there won’t be any alternative unis cause tradition etc.

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Since the game is a whiteout I wonder if the team will come out in the storm trooper unis.  You know there won’t be any alternative unis cause tradition etc.

The only time was Vandy 2007 with the 1957 throwback helmets...

lester.jpg

Man, I think Tulane is a lot better than some are giving them credit for. They're well coached and have some legit talent. I think they'll give us a good run in the 1st half. Their kicker doesn't have very good range so I expect they'll go for it on 4th quite a bit when they get on the plus side of the 50. Could swing more points on/off the board than usual. 

But, it's going to be ridiculously hot and our depth should be a major advantage. 

I'll go with something like 34-20, Tigers win.

I think the defense can shut down the Tulane multiple offense.  My concern is the ability to establish the run without Boobie getting 20+ touches.  I have faith in Bo but also don’t want him having to carry the offense.  Need Worm, Kmart, DJ or anyone to show they can be a dependable back with Boobie not on the field.

It's been fashionable this week by some pundits, and a few Vegas wise guys, to pick the Green Wave plus the 17.5 points.
But here's the thing . . . it won't happen. Here is why IMHO:
The slow, unprepared, and mistake-riddled start last Saturday night - arguably the MOST on the Auburn defensive side of the ball, particularly considering their experience and depth overall - set the table for our staff to hammer the point that we're NOT a finished product. We BETTER improve in all areas, and especially in punt and kick coverage, or the epic Oregon win will soon be tainted by being a 6-3 or even 5-4 team going into Amen Corner against UGA. It's that simple with our schedule.
Secondly, look at two key offensive positions going into the Tulane test tomorrow night - QB (Nix) and RB (Boobee, but the urgent need for a 2-3 feature back committee).
Given the comfort of strolling down Donahue for Tiger Walk as a last 20 seconds hero, Bo Nix will be stoked to go serve up for fans what he brings to the table. This is his lifelong dream, and that adrenalin will amount to focus, not anxiety tonight, as his TrFR fear of the unknown jitters were left in Jerry-World six days ago.
And at running back, if Coach Malzahn does not understand the need to use these next two imminently winnable games to establish the "committee" of feature RB's, he should be "counseled" about it.  :)   Maybe by Kerryon Johnson.  ;) So use tonight to get D. J. Williams baptized (he's going to be a STUD), "Flash" (Shaun Shivers) into the flow, putting defensive personnel "in conflict" as to what to give up, and maybe even Harold Joiner and a limited dose of read option, etc. from Joey Gatewood to add that dimension to our offensive artillery.
So look for Auburn to get a test early from Tulane, but our depth, talent, and confidence as the 10th ranked team in America, coming out of the win over # 11 Oregon to explode in the 2nd quarter.
Auburn Tigers 47   Tulane Green Wave 13

Okay, I don't think I've made a prediction yet...

In my highly expert :roflol: opinion, I see our Tigers winning by 2 TDs.

38 - 24

Archived