Boobee

Tigerpro2a

Has anyone considered the weather might have been a factor? The last several days have been at or near 100 degrees. That takes it's toll towards Saturday.

I work in the heat and as Friday approaches, the heat from the week takes it's toll regardless of how well hydrated I may have been.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mikey said:

Why yes, yes I did. But I'd say called you out again rather than caught. You've been caught several other times by several other people prior to this current thread.

Really? Can you quote one? You must have quite the memory if you can seeing as I haven't posted in years prior to yesterday lol. Legitimately excited to see you prove your point. Also, I see I was correct. No opinion of your own, just here to be unpleasant to those who have one. In any case, I'll wait for you to dig something up where I have blatantly "trolled". Best of luck, clown 😊

4 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Has anyone considered the weather might have been a factor? The last several days have been at or near 100 degrees. That takes it's toll towards Saturday.

I work in the heat and as Friday approaches, the heat from the week takes it's toll regardless of how well hydrated I may have been.

I kind of doubt it. 

I’d much rather pretend that we were playing down to our opponent, which is likely given recent history against seemingly far weaker opposition. 

2 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Don't know how much the weather was a factor or not, but turnovers typically occur when backs get tired. Thought Whitlow looked sluggish last night. 

35 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Thats definitely your opinion because it’s an absolute untrue statement if one was ever stated.... you dont know what nobody else can do when you dont physically see them play to judge it 🙄

It's an opinion and therefore can't be true or untrue. Shivers is awesome, but he's small and wouldn't last all season. Martin is also tiny. Whitlow is slow and has poor vision.

Small

Small

Slow

Those are facts. Not "untrue opinions."

1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

It's an opinion and therefore can't be true or untrue. Shivers is awesome, but he's small and wouldn't last all season. Martin is also tiny. Whitlow is slow and has poor vision.

Small

Small

Slow

Not quite. Worm is short. That's a lot different than small. He certainly isn't small.

6 minutes ago, WarDamn2010 said:

Really? Can you quote one? You must have quite the memory if you can seeing as I haven't posted in years prior to yesterday lol. Legitimately excited to see you prove your point. Also, I see I was correct. No opinion of your own, just here to be unpleasant to those who have one. In any case, I'll wait for you to dig something up where I have blatantly "trolled". Best of luck, clown 😊

If you truly haven't posted in years, then I must have confused you with someone who has a similar negative posting style towards Auburn.  Maybe the other guy will appear here and y'all can buddy up.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Not quite. Worm is short. That's a lot different than small. He certainly isn't small.

He's what, like 5'7" 175 - 180 lbs, right? At that height, that is a good amount of bulk to bring down.

20 minutes ago, WarDamn2010 said:

Caught me. And you, as has always been the case, are still an asshat. Just curious, how does vocalizing that a slow, visionless running back who fumbles 3 times against Tulane should not be starting ahead of Shivers equal trolling? Seems all other parties are in agreement. Now, I know, Mikey's opinion trumps all and nobody knows as much about this particular subject as you do, but what is your stance on it? Or are you just going to hurl more insults and continue to be an inflammatory narcissist?

You should ask him his opinion about our good OL depth...

7 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Small

Small

Slow

Being that they are relative they are sort of based on opinion as pointed out.....

10 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Small

Small

Slow

Definitely an opinion because you clearly dont know the difference between short & small. Because small he is not baby boy. Furthermore its an opinion because you clearly dont know where we come from, WE PLAY SEC football & have all his life! You better do a background check especially on Shivers even at Auburn he came in running over people. His high school career is even THE BEST of all backs on our dept chart. Go do your homework then get back at me!  He just fell in love with AU but he had other offers from SEC schools! He is considered a LEGEND in FL & sits among being the best of the best backs that have come from FL. Just hit GOOGLE! 

All of you think a running back has to be huge guys.....what's the reference? Where do you start? 215? Help me understand your logic.

Just now, cole256 said:

Being that they are relative they are sort of based on opinion as pointed out.....

Being that I'm relating them to the average SEC back, I would say I'm not far off. Yes, 5'7" 175 is big at that height, but it's change of pace, game changer style size. Corey Grant wasn't even an every down back and he was 5'11" and 203 lbs.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

Being that I'm relating them to the average SEC back, I would say I'm not far off. Yes, 5'7" 175 is big at that height, but it's change of pace, game changer style size. Corey Grant wasn't even an every down back and he was 5'11" and 203 lbs.

So what's the size of an average SEC back?

1 hour ago, wareaglexx said:

Hopefully before/at start of SEC run.  What was promised to Boobie to get him to come to Auburn? I don't understand someone that plays Defense all his football years and then thinks he is a running back.  Takes more Talent than Running(Mouth)...  Tulane shut him up/down...

I want to see a real RB rotation-- but Boobie did get 96 yards in 23 carries so that's not exactly shut down. Shut down in the fist half? Okay. The fumbling is another thing. After 3 fumbles we really need to see a rotation going forward.

1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

Corey Grant isnt Shaun Shivers either! The argument clearly wasn’t about being a #1 back it was about utilizing the players that are just sitting on the bench 

& I see the teams we play utilizing small backs all the time that give us a run for our money 🙄 so im not clear what’s being watched. Its not about who you like, its about getting the job done by whomever can get it done!

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I want to see a real RB rotation-- but Boobie did get 96 yards in 23 carries so that's not exactly shut down. Shut down in the fist half? Okay. The fumbling is another thing. After 3 fumbles we really need to see a rotation going forward.

24 on the one carry. That leave 3.2 ypc. Not good.

4 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

James Brooks was. But we don't need one every down back. We need 3-4 5-15 carries a game backs. Keep them fresh.

Just now, Momma Worm said:

Corey Grant isnt Shaun Shivers either! The argument clearly wasn’t about being a #1 back it was about utilizing the players that are just sitting on the bench 

I 100% agree Shivers needs to be on the field a lot more. Most teams would be utilizing him. My argument really has more to do with a primary back that's SEC caliber. Shivers is our most prolific back, by far, but I don't think I'm wrong in my assessment that he couldn't take 20+ carries a game. Every year we've had success, we had a back that could carry the load a considerable amount and make things happen. We don't have that right now.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

All of you think a running back has to be huge guys.....what's the reference? Where do you start? 215? Help me understand your logic.

There is no logic at all.. a rb is a rb.. can he hit the hole, does he have vision, can he block.. does he know the plays? . that all goes into making a rb.. size has absolutely nothing to do it.. I have seen 6’1 220 lb rbs get trucked trying to block and I have seen 5’7 guys lay the wood to a 6’5 270 lb defensive end.. 

Just now, cole256 said:

I think it just stems from the fact that the cast majority of backs in the NFL are 200+ lbs. Deviations from the norm make people lose their minds. 

There are exceptions to every rule. And there have been plenty of exceptions to this one. 

One quality possessed by virtually all "smaller" backs is elite speed. Guess who has it on our team?

Just now, AuMarine said:

There is no logic at all.. a rb is a rb.. can he hit the hole, does he have vision, can he block.. does he know the plays? . that all goes into making a rb.. size has absolutely nothing to do it.. I have seen 6’1 220 lb rbs get trucked trying to block and I have seen 5’7 guys lay the wood to a 6’5 270 lb defensive end.. 

I'm sorry, but size does matter. There are outliers, but for the most part, offensive linemen have certain physical dimensions, DBs, basketball positions, etc. Size matters in every sport.

Just now, bigbird said:

24 on the one carry. That leave 3.2 ypc. Not good.

Not great. But if we take out the top runs when calculating ypc that changes a lot of statistics. That said, I don't think "shut down" is the best way to characterize 96 yards. But he was ineffective much of the game and I want to see Worm, DJ, Joiner getting the rock. Worm just needs a crease and he's gone.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

I'm sorry, but size does matter. There are outliers, but for the most part, offensive linemen have certain physical dimensions, DBs, basketball positions, etc. Size matters in every sport.

Ok. 

Archived