Football Complex Closer (merged threads)

toddc

19 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm partial to this one.

Note: Half of it's even for sale.  I'll bet the PTB at AU could swing a budget to purchase both halves.

sduaajszxlkll8twpaxi.jpg

Sadly Auburn would somehow pay $5 million for these buildings.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Sadly Auburn would somehow pay $5 million for to study these buildings.

Fixed it for ya, haha. They need a coat of paint but they have potential.

20 hours ago, DAG said:

I like OU. It is hard to believe that is the best Northwestern could do with that budget. 

It would super if the designers could find a way to do something like Oklahoma by incorporating it against the Stadium proper. Then they (whomever "they" are) might be able to incorporate the "correction" of several glaring deficiencies regarding the exterior finishes to Jordan Hare.

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

It would super if the designers could find a way to do something like Oklahoma by incorporating it against the Stadium proper. Then they (whomever "they" are) might be able to incorporate the "correction" of several glaring deficiencies regarding the exterior finishes to Jordan Hare.

The problem is, if you're talking about the north end zone, it would be pretty detached from the practice fields, indoor facility, dorms, dining hall, etc.

11 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

The problem is, if you're talking about the north end zone, it would be pretty detached from the practice feels, indoor facility, dorms, dining hall, etc.

I agree. Most of the usage will come from coaches, players and admin so it needs to be where all the other football facilities are including the places mentioned by RIR. 

To put it at the stadium, when they only use the stadium for recruiting, game days, final walk thrus and ofc celebrating football National Champions, might not be efficient. Plus there is like NO room around that stadium except on the north end...

23 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Back to topic ... from a design/requirements perspective, who would you call the benchmark?

Recent examples:

Clemson - $55M

image.png

Northwestern - $270M

image.png

Oregon - $68M

P40358_00_HatfieldDowlin_N14_printlarge.

Florida State - $60M

Outside.jpeg

Michigan - $168M

Image result for michigan performance center

Oklahoma - $160M

Image result for oklahoma football facility

South Carolina - $50M

Image result for south carolina football facility

Texas A&M - $20M (Renovation)

Image result for texas a&m bright football complex

Maybe they’ll send out a survey

25 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

The problem is, if you're talking about the north end zone, it would be pretty detached from the practice feels, indoor facility, dorms, dining hall, etc.

That's where the ziplines and lazy river comes in

Agreed, if there's a chance it can somehow be attached to JHS I'm all for it. Tell me it wouldn't be cool for the players and wouldn't it add even more connection to protecting their "home". I really like what most schools have done though I worry, like our locker room, I'm just going to be incredibly underwhelmed. 

22 hours ago, keesler said:

I think they are trying to make campus a pedestrian campus only.  They've been shrinking student parking for years, and the parking decals for very limited spaces run $350/yr. 

And yet the transit system is getting worse (and will continue to get worse) as they add more and more stops with fewer buses. Plus they can't house enough students ON campus or even near campus so the whole idea of a pedestrian campus is never going to work. BEMC needs to go and another parking deck needs to be built for "C" zone parking. But I digress.. lol

As for the complex - I think something akin to the Clemson or Michigan renderings would fit Auburn best. Maybe not so many windows though - y'all know it gets HOT down here, right? lol

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just want to know why the hell Northwestern is spending $270 million on anything related to football. 

Seriously. Is it just football or an overall dedicated athletics complex? 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just want to know why the hell Northwestern is spending $270 million on anything related to football. 

Because alumni with big money donated it to build a sports complex not just a football complex.  The point is that smart people with lots of money and love for their university put up $220 million in 2015 to ready Northwestern for the future of college athletics.  In 2015 our AD collected 15 million for a Jumbotron.

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Seriously. Is it just football or an overall dedicated athletics complex? 

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Because alumni with big money donated it to build a sports complex not just a football complex.  The point is that smart people with lots of money and love for their university put up $220 million in 2015 to ready Northwestern for the future of college athletics.  In 2015 our AD collected 15 million for a Jumbotron.

10-4, thank you. I just assumed those were all football complexes in the graphic above. 

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

The problem is, if you're talking about the north end zone, it would be pretty detached from the practice fields, indoor facility, dorms, dining hall, etc.

Or link with Tesla and have them build a self-driving research track in between the facilities.

11 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

https://auburntigers.com/news/2015/9/9/A_Word_from_Jay_Jacobs_July_2_2015.aspx?path=general

He was all jacked up about the AubieTron & he had just put the ink to the 8/31/19 AU/Oregon opener.

what schools (SEC) besides us, that do not have a football only complex?  It is shameful that South Carolina has this facility and we do not. The mindset needs a huge mental enema and get all of the brain poop out and proceed like a wild man in a patch of strawberries ready for the picking.

Oklahoma's is impressive for sure. Clemson's is probably more likely for us. I know there isn't a method to our madness but it would be nice if (being pretty much last in the conference to build one of these) we actually used it to our advantage and built the absolute best one in existence. 

If we're talking design awards - looks like Oregon's is the clear winner.  Clemson's looks cool on the inside but that front facade is goofy.

I really like Oklahoma's complex.  We need to one up the rest of the SEC with our complex. This should help with recruiting and our overall program. However, poor old South Carolina did not benefit last Saturday.  I see the chickens going 5-7 or maybe 6-6. Will just is not a good HC and should stick to being a DC. The time is now for Auburn to flex its muscles and win some big games and small ones as well. Tulane concerns me a bit, but if the team comes out ready to play and stay in Tulane's backfield, we could have a Purdue type game.

I think our defense is one of the fastest in all of college football, and will show up ready to take the green out of the wave come Saturday. A small leak will sink a big ship. Let's make sure we have no leaks and are water tight when the wave sloshes up at JHS.

If we don't somehow figure out a way to get Tim Cook on board and partner with Apple for media devices/applications and basically integrate smart apps into the facility (film study, facial recognition, biometrics integrated into training facilities) we are whatever word is now PC to indicate much less than average intelligence.

3 hours ago, Linayus said:

And yet the transit system is getting worse (and will continue to get worse) as they add more and more stops with fewer buses. Plus they can't house enough students ON campus or even near campus so the whole idea of a pedestrian campus is never going to work. BEMC needs to go and another parking deck needs to be built for "C" zone parking. But I digress.. lol

As for the complex - I think something akin to the Clemson or Michigan renderings would fit Auburn best. Maybe not so many windows though - y'all know it gets HOT down here, right? lol

Not only that but the windows are a female dog to keep clean. Personally, and I know they can’t, but how cool would it be to have their own dorm/cafeteria/weight room/game room/ theater/ etc. all in once complex? Talk about team unity. Though I’m sure too many issues would arise. 

Archived