Sign in to follow this  
toddc

Football Complex Closer (merged threads)

Recommended Posts

I'm not sure what this all means. What is the AD and others wanting to build and does this have anything to do in growing Jordan-Hare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




7 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Question:

with the talent within the university is it not possible to design our own complex and then contract the work out?  

Or at least let the school of architecture to have the opportunity to put forth a design.

Similar to what they did with the basketball arena. I have to think 3 years feels incredibly long in football terms. This means Bo Nix will be a senior st the earliest when it’s open. Saban will be 70. It’ll almost be time for yet another presidential election. Kids with their learners permits will be legal voters by then.

I’m so annoyed by this snails pace 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I'm not sure what this all means. What is the AD and others wanting to build and does this have anything to do in growing Jordan-Hare.

Think of it as an athletic complex strictly for football players and staff. Weight room, coaches office, film room, sometimes dining, usually lounging and games all for the football team.

Most real contenders have already had these and that’s part of why we’re a top 10 recruiting team not top 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Au will build a damn 3 bed 2 bath locker room with a flat screen , cruising the USA arcade from the Vinemont skating ring , and a heat em and eat em machine . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Ready in three years??   Better debit Gus’ bank account now!

 

6 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

" The facility will be financed by gifts and general revenue bonds paid for by the athletics department."

NOW we're talking.... :)

 

" from the design phase to its grand opening — to be completed in three years or less should  the board approve all of the necessary steps along the way."

.... uuuuh. :(

It’s going to happen and future President Bill Hardgrave will support it to the hilt. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 6:25 AM, Zeek said:

I like this a lot and I imagine it would be easier to gain support if people knew it was accomplishing both. This is repeating my previous post but the idea of having where you practice, hangout, study, and bond connected to where you compete just seems so cool. Plus, not a bad idea to walk recruits through there before a game.

 

Edit: so long as they still do some type of tiger walk.

I agree, I love the idea. I think what will end up happening is they put the FOF over by Lem Morrison where New Row is. I just hope that we don't halt all discussions and plans for the north endzone until the football complex is completed. I enjoy going to Auburn games, but every time I do, I am bothered by the aesthetics of the interior and exterior of our stadium.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, logan adams said:

The only reason why I would agree to this is because it would knock out two birds with one stone. The north endzone is in a dire need of a facelift. Imagine an attached FOF with this as the interior of the stadium. (or the two screens on the corners instead of a massive one)

north-end-insidejpg-910415cef474e101.jpg

Love this idea. Wish it would get some consideration instead of being set on the idea of building at the old track

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I had an ounce of a clue how to render. It’s so perfectly clear in my head a gorgeous design for the North End zone.

If we stick to $60 million we’re going to be extremely disappointed compared to our peers. My hope is that, since they haven’t set a budget there’s a chance that we up that number. Quite bluntly o think $120 million would be needed based off figures from similar facilities.

I don’t think Greene is sold on the importance of a facility like this to recruiting.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I wish I had an ounce of a clue how to render. It’s so perfectly clear in my head a gorgeous design for the North End zone.

If we stick to $60 million we’re going to be extremely disappointed compared to our peers. My hope is that, since they haven’t set a budget there’s a chance that we up that number. Quite bluntly o think $120 million would be needed based off figures from similar facilities.

I don’t think Greene is sold on the importance of a facility like this to recruiting.

That big vacant spot at NEZ would be perfect, albeit a little bit of a hike from the practice facility.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fredst said:

That big vacant spot at NEZ would be perfect, albeit a little bit of a hike from the practice facility.

tenor.gif

LAZY RIVER! LAZY RIVER! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

LAZY RIVER! LAZY RIVER! 

+10. Can never underestimate the importance of a lazy river.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Doc - “This is out there in left field a bit, but I have thought on several occasions maybe there are some REC moles hidden within our athletic infrastructure determined to keep us where we are. (Red elephant club...”. 

I’ve been thinking this for years. It doesn't make sense why AU cant get out of its own way. However, rogue boosters of another persuasion that would do anything to keep AU suppressed would be on par for the powerful REC.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gr82batigr said:

To Doc - “This is out there in left field a bit, but I have thought on several occasions maybe there are some REC moles hidden within our athletic infrastructure determined to keep us where we are. (Red elephant club...”. 

I’ve been thinking this for years. It doesn't make sense why AU cant get out of its own way. However, rogue boosters of another persuasion that would do anything to keep AU suppressed would be on par for the powerful REC.  

Easy to figure out who it was because they would be missing a lot of teeth and have a beer gut.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gr82batigr said:

To Doc - “This is out there in left field a bit, but I have thought on several occasions maybe there are some REC moles hidden within our athletic infrastructure determined to keep us where we are. (Red elephant club...”. 

I’ve been thinking this for years. It doesn't make sense why AU cant get out of its own way. However, rogue boosters of another persuasion that would do anything to keep AU suppressed would be on par for the powerful REC.  

Are y’all insinuating there are REC moles that have been working inside AU’s AD and BOT? And that’s why we can’t have nice things?

Genius!  That’s got to be why this thing has been stalled for damn near a decade.  They should’ve struck while the ion was hot after the 2010 NC and then upgraded it after the 2013 NC appearance.  Now they’re telling us it won’t open for THREE more years.   Only the viciousness of the REC could execute this kind of scheme.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody wants to see sports at the University grow. That's why the press and AD are sitting on their hands.

Edited by auburn4ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Nobody wants to see sports at the University grow. That's why the press and AD are sitting on their hands.

still clueless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, auburnphan said:

Question:

with the talent within the university is it not possible to design our own complex and then contract the work out?  

Or at least let the school of architecture to have the opportunity to put forth a design.

The school of Architecture doesnt teach you how to be an architect.   That is done once you graduate.   Nothing taught there deals with the reality of practicing.  Its all design and ideas/theory.   Even 90% of the professors dont have a license to practice.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, auskip07 said:

The school of Architecture doesnt teach you how to be an architect.   That is done once you graduate.   Nothing taught there deals with the reality of practicing.  Its all design and ideas/theory.   Even 90% of the professors dont have a license to practice.   

Thank you, that is what I was wondering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this