Trump alters hurricane map to cover up his flub

TexasTiger

I know, the most disturbed cult members among you will say I’m the guy with the real problem for pointing this out— not the pathological liar who claims the cone of Dorian was heading to Alabama. If this doesn’t convince you the guy is mental, you’re mental.

”In a White House video released Wednesday, Trump displays a modified National Hurricane Center “cone of uncertainty” forecast, dated from 11 a.m. on Aug. 29, indicating Alabama would in fact be affected. The graphic appears to have been altered with a Sharpie to indicate a risk the storm would move into Alabama from Florida. 

“We had, actually, our original chart was that it was going to be hit — hitting Florida directly,” Trump said as he displayed the graphic from Aug. 29, which now includes an added appendage extending the cone into Alabama. “That was the original chart,” Trump said. “It could’ve, uh, was going towards the Gulf,” Trump explained in the video.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/09/04/president-trump-shows-doctored-hurricane-chart-was-it-cover-up-alabama-twitter-flub/%3foutputType=amp

Does SNL return this week? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Wednesday, it appears the White House attempted to retroactively justify a tweet that President Trump issued over the weekend in which he warned, erroneously, that Alabama would be affected by Hurricane Dorian.

In a White House video released Wednesday, Trump displays a modified National Hurricane Center “cone of uncertainty” forecast, dated from 11 a.m. on Aug. 29, indicating Alabama would in fact be affected. The graphic appears to have been altered with a Sharpie to indicate a risk the storm would move into Alabama from Florida.

“We had, actually, our original chart was that it was going to be hit — hitting Florida directly,” Trump said as he displayed the graphic from Aug. 29, which now includes an added appendage extending the cone into Alabama. “That was the original chart,” Trump said. “It could’ve, uh, was going towards the gulf,” Trump explained in the video.

Trump’s tweet on Sunday came as Dorian was hitting the Bahamas as a high-end Category 5 hurricane, and the tweet sparked enough public alarm that it prompted the National Weather Service in Birmingham, Ala., to bluntly tweet 20 minutes later: “Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian.”

.....White House deputy press secretary J. Hogan Gidley later confirmed that the drawing was made using a black Sharpie, while criticizing the media for focusing on it.

Dear Leader spends more time and energy to avoid he simply made a mistake with a premature statement.   Had he just come clean and own up to his mistake it would already have been long forgotten. 

What a pathetic narcissist.

(This is another example of debasing the presidency Salty)

He's still going. Might as well be Queeg looking for the missing strawberries at this point. 

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Dear Leader spends more time and energy to avoid he simply made a mistake with a premature statement.

Alabama / Bahama. I can see how a busy man would get the two mixed up. Great to see that an American state was first in his mind. 

What year did leftist start politicizing these horrible and natural events? 

15 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Alabama / Bahama. I can see how a busy man would get the two mixed up. Great to see that an American state was first in his mind. 

Been quite a while...who was it that said  "we can't let a good crisis go to waste":......maybe someone in Clinton camp...but no doubt it's been official Democrat policy for a looong time. 

59 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not to mention the leading Dem candidate for 2020, Joe Biden, doesn't know sometimes what state he is in. But that's OK with the lefties but even CNN is taking notice.

A normal, well-adjusted adult man would have simply said, "Yeah, I'd seen some earlier projected paths that looked like it might cross Florida into the Gulf and threaten Alabama.  Obviously that changed as time went on."  Done.

But of course, Trump is neither well-adjusted, nor an adult.  So you get this clown show drawing on NOAA maps with a Sharpie.

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

A normal, well-adjusted adult man would have simply said, "Yeah, I'd seen some earlier projected paths that looked like it might cross Florida into the Gulf and threaten Alabama.  Obviously that changed as time went on."  Done.

But of course, Trump is neither well-adjusted, nor an adult.  So you get this clown show drawing on NOAA maps with a Sharpie.

Instead, he stretched this into a 5 day gaffe.

He simply cannot admit a mistake.

12 hours ago, tdburger said:

Actually, early on, some of the spaghetti models did show it hitting SE Alabama. I was watching the possible tracks myself. He didn't make it up.

Operative words:  "early on".   Very early on.

Trump is an idiot.

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Exactly this. Even worse you get robotic sycophants excusing it.

Yeah, I really don't get this fixation on not being able to admit even a minor, meaningless error.  Neither do I get the need for his most ardent supporters to enable this behavior by going into amateur apologetics mode trying to piece arcane strands of information into some plausible deniability for him.  He'll blame this being a story on the media.  And his groupies will lap it up and repeat his gaslighting ad nauseam.  But the only reason we're into a 5th or 6th day of this being talked about is because Trump wouldn't let it die by simply admitting he'd seen some old info.

I cannot understand how someone experiences the level of success and power he's attained yet remains this insecure.

13 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Meanwhile.... Half of CNN reporters suggest hurricane Dorian is the result of climate change and Trump has to except responsibility...... For like the first hurricane ever!!! 

Boy, those Chinese really know how to pull off a hoax, don't they?

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/publications/techrpt86_PaP_of_HTFlooding.pdf

The extent that high tide flood frequencies have changed in the last decade or so is likely to be informative as to which regions are becoming increasingly exposed and evermore vulnerable to impacts (Figure 8b). From 2000 to 2015, frequencies have increased the most along the Atlantic Coast. Flood frequencies rose on average by about 75% (from 3.4 days to 6.0 days/year) along the Northeast Atlantic and 125% (from 1.3 days to 3.0 days/year) along the Southeast Atlantic where numerous news reports of problematic high tide flooding anecdotally support this statistical metric (see Sweet et al., 2017b for several news links).....

18 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

A normal, well adjusted male or female wouldn't touch this nothing burger with a ten foot pole. But many in our beloved media and their childish puppets can't help themselves. Sad, but not surprising. So carry on. The real adults in the room have come to expect it.  

6 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, I really don't get this fixation on not being able to admit even a minor, meaningless error.  Neither do I get the need for his most ardent supporters to enable this behavior by going into amateur apologetics mode trying to piece arcane strands of information into some plausible deniability for him.  He'll blame this being a story on the media.  And his groupies will lap it up and repeat his gaslighting ad nauseam.  But the only reason we're into a 5th or 6th day of this being talked about is because Trump wouldn't let it die by simply admitting he'd seen some old info.

I cannot understand how someone experiences the level of success and power he's attained yet remains this insecure.

He’s successful as a con man. He’s insecure because he’s worried he’ll be found out.

I'm certain some of our adolescents are unaware there is a real tragedy occurring. Those working this tragedy could give a rats a$$ about some elementary story, but rather are focused on relief efforts and funding. Simply sad the elementary thought extends to this forum.

24 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'm certain some of our adolescents are unaware there is a real tragedy occurring. Those working this tragedy could give a rats a$$ about some elementary story, but rather are focused on relief efforts and funding. Simply sad the elementary thought extends to this forum.

We’re not the ones with the Sharpies.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

That’s a good groupie. 

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

A normal, well adjusted male or female wouldn't touch this nothing burger with a ten foot pole

And yet, Trump did. Not only touched it, he embraced it like his favorite blanky. Couldn’t make it a “nothing burger” by being an adult. Instead we get feverish press releases and Sharpies on outdated weather maps to salve his ego. 

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

We’re not the ones with the Sharpies.

Not to mention a brain. :blink:

Archived